601 users online (72 members and 529 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Would you try to raise your kid gender neutral?

This just seems like a psychological experiment that has a good possibility of having negative consequences.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGuHXPdSX24"]Gender Neutral Parenting: Why We're Raising Our Son Neither Boy Or Girl - YouTube[/ame]

I notice that daddy isn't wearing feminine clothing in the video.

Thumbs down

No, although I agree with the idea that boys shouldn't only play with trucks and girls only with dolls- I think any child raised to be gender neutral will get teased as they get older, and I think it will lead to confusion. I don't really see the point beyond equal pay for women.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    I notice that daddy isn't wearing feminine clothing in the video.
    and neither is Mom!

Apparently for these folks Femininity is limited to nail polish and hair clips?

I'm confused, it must be worse for Max.

No. I think it is ridiculous. You are what you are. We are now at a point where we are not only taking the ambiguous and looking for many other answers, But The facts and changing them.

You can raise a boy to be tolerant and still a boy. You can raise a boy to be kind and respectful and still a boy.

To me all this parenting says is " you are nothing.. "

JMO
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

This is an alarming form of emotional child abuse. There is a way to raise gender 'healthy' children without confusing and shaming the heck out of them. Ggheeezzzzzzzzz
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137214"]Parents keep child's gender secret - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I looked up an update about the child who was the subject of this previous thread and it turns out his or her eldest brother apparently wants to be a girl.

http://www.thestar.com/life/parent/2...erneutral.html

No I wouldn't. What's wrong with raising your child to be proud of their gender and respectful of the other? It feels like an experiment to me, and I don't think that's fair to the child.

MOO
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

there are enough kids that grow up confused about their own gender because they feel like they were born in the wrong body. those kids need to be accepted and understood. we don't need to add to the confusion by creating kids that aren't sure about their gender because their parents decided to try something new.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    No I wouldn't. What's wrong with raising your child to be proud of their gender and respectful of the other? It feels like an experiment to me, and I don't think that's fair to the child.

MOO
    And it won't work in any case. there's no purpose to it. This was actually done to me and more than once. At about 1 1/2 years old they dressed my in a dress, put some lacy thing on my head and took home movies, and showed them every chance they got, laughing at it all, humiliating me, and I hate them for doing it. Yes mom, gone many, many years, I hate you for doing that to me. And for what? I didn't mourn your passing, it was a freaking relief. Please don't any of you do this to your kids. Thankfully I grew up loving females and my marriage lasted 45 years till she passed. We know what gender we are even at less than 2 yrs old. She wanted a daughter, she didn't get one, she got me. Suck on it mom. What the hell is wrong with these people? Wow. I can barely contain myself. I never thought I'd tell anyone this stuff. I'm so angry right now, I can't even believe the strong emotions I'm feeling right now that would make me bare myself like this.
    Last edited by TrackerSam; 02-17-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    there are enough kids that grow up confused about their own gender because they feel like they were born in the wrong body. those kids need to be accepted and understood. we don't need to add to the confusion by creating kids that aren't sure about their gender because their parents decided to try something new.
    Well said.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

I don't see any way to raise a gender neutral kid without dressing them like the opposite sex. It's still purposely making them a gender in between because they have to dress a certain way, have hair a neutral length, and only play with certain toys. Angelina Jolie's girl looks way more like a boy that a girl in neutral clothing. It seems really stupid. Why not just raise them as they were made and if they turn out to be one that wants to be a different gender deal with it wisely IF it happens. I wouldn't do it or recommend the neutral thing other than not forcing them to wear frills if they hate them or forcing them to play with certain toys that they don't like.

TS, I don't blame you for getting heated. This story was bound to put you up close and personal with your own anger at the past.

I am glad you shared. You spoke from a unique perspective. While we can all opine and analyze why we feel these parents may actually be harming this child, you were able to speak to this subject froma place of experience.

Thank you.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

As long as we live in a society that recognizes gender, it will be impossible to raise a 'gender neutral' human being.

It is what it is. To experiment on your children is a form of child abuse. These parents are ignorant.

Something tells me they are watching too much Entertainment Tonight and believe they are emulating Angelina Jolie's parenting.

enforcing a gender nuetral form of dress and behavior on your child is just as harmful as trying to force them to BE anything other than what they naturally come to conclude they are.

Sure, have some dolls around for your boy to pick up IF he is so inclined. Have a dress up toybox with cowboy and princess outfits available SHOULD your child feel inclined to play dress up. But this business being discussed here is just ludicrous and yes, abusive I think.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast