753 users online (158 members and 595 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Xavier Tarrand, 20, Mascotte, 15 Jan 2014

Xavier Tarrand

Police consider Lake County man's disappearance suspicious -

A candle burns continuously in Xavier Tarrand's home. His family members are waiting for him to return home. "Every day I wait on him to come back," said Renee Young, Tarrand's aunt. Loved ones said Tarrand was respectful and always greeted them with a helping hand.
    Xavier Tarrand was last seen January 15 after a family member dropped him off at the Racetrac gas station on State Road 50 in Groveland. Deputies say Tarrand left with an unknown person driving a black vehicle.
    Deputies are calling Tarrand's disappearance "suspicious."
    Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/24...#ixzz2tbH9Nneu
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Xavier Tarrand has been missing for two months now. Looking for updates, I find him mentioned in another individual's murder case with a different victim.

Warrant issued in Groveland murder case
    Posted: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:00 am
    “Detectives believe Mr. Miller was involved in an argument with Mr. Russell during the early morning hours of February 1, 2014, which ended with Mr. Miller shooting Mr. Russell,” Vachon said.

News 13 in Orlando spoke with Russell’s sister and is reporting the argument was over someone wearing a shirt supporting the search for Xavier Tarrand, who disappeared two weeks ago.
    Registered sex offender found murdered in Groveland neighborhood
    Last Updated: Saturday, February 01, 2014
    GROVELAND -- Deputies are working to find the person they say shot and killed a man in Lake County. Officers said they found 31-year-old Justin Russell shot on the 15000 block of Stuckey Loop around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
    Man sought in Lake County slaying captured
    6:59 AM EST Feb 20, 2014
    Travis Miller arrested in New York
    I don't find any direct connection in the media between that murder and Xavier's disappearance, but am wondering why wearing a Find Xavier t-shirt resulted in someone's death?
    Where is Xavier?

Xavier's NamUs entry:

Ontario, Canada
    This article seems to explain a little further in regards to the shirt. There seems to be a feud between Groveland and Clermont, as some feel that people in Clermont are responsible for the disappearance of Xavier.

Vigil remembers missing Mascotte man
    Friday, January 16, 2015
    The chilly weather Thursday evening couldn’t keep several friends and family of Xavier “Dudda” Gerald Tarrand from wearing black T-shirts with pictures of him printed on the front.
    They were joined by dozens of people who gathered at Tarrand’s Mascotte home one year from the day he went missing for a candlelight vigil, prayers, short sermons, songs, food and the release of doves and balloons to remember him.
    Bryon Tarrand, one of Xavier’s six brothers, proudly pointed to the quote on his T-shirt, “I’m My Brother’s Keeper” surrounded by the pictures of Xavier and a giant white dove.
    more at link.