GUILTY TN - Olivia Greenlee, 21, dies in staged suicide, Jackson, 12 Feb 2014

Mouse

Reaction score
http://www.wmctv.com/story/24736286/fianc-charged-with-first-degree-murder-of-college-student

Police: Man stages fiancee's murder as suicide behind university building

(WMC-TV) - Police charged a man with first-degree murder Saturday in connection to the death of his fiancee.

Charles Pittman and Olivia Greenlee, both 21, attended Union University and lived off campus in Jackson, Tenn.

Greenlee was found dead in her car on the parking lot behind Luther Hall on the university's campus.

Evidence shows Pittman shot Greenlee as she sat in her car. He then staged the crime scene to give the appearance that she committed suicide, according to Jackson police.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Church-Man-Says-245780981.html

Church: Charles Pittman is our Youth Minister

CROCKETT COUNTY, Tenn. -- A local church confirmed Sunday the fiance accused of killing his future wife and Union University student and staging the scene to make it look like suicide, is their youth and children's minister.

Church leaders said Charles Pittman is suspended pending the investigation.

The reverend at Providence Baptist Church in Alamo did not hold church Sunday night, because of the shocking news of Greenlee's death and Pittman's alleged involvement.

I guess he's not going to be a youth pastor anymore.
Sorry not trying to be funny. Pastors are supposed to be people who care for other people... kind of like a veterinary tech. who is caught being cruel to animals.
What a low life jerk !!
MOO

WoW is about all I can say too, Clue!.. I mean WTH is wrong with people?.. They weren't even married so, I'm really baffled as to why this guy would murder his fiancé?.. I mean why not just break off the relationship and move the hell on with your life?.. While I am not saying that I understand, in a way that means I condone, but I do atleast have a better understanding how/why Richard Shahan chose to murder his wife(again my use of "understand" does not indicate my agreeing with, or condoning what he did)..but I can see where he believed that to get a divorce would negatively impact his standing with the church(which it does to some degree, tho it pales starkly in comparison to murder..but IMO, he(RS) of course, believed he'd never be sought in connection with the murder)

But, what we have here is just all the more truly baffling(tho, admittedly we have extremely scarce info to go on), as to why this guy would kill his fiance and actually believe that there was a snowballs chance in hell that any LE in this nation would believe his staging and rule it suicide, rather than homicide(and remember we are talking about Tennessee LE, here so going by what I know about their typical investigations, I'd say this guy must have done a really, really, really poor job of his attempting to stage her having committed suicide..if TN was able to easily recognize it as a homicide)..

I know that no matter what this fool believes were his reasons, or motivations, for killing his fiancé the bottom line is they will never make "sense" to us.. But I am hoping we will atleast learn something that will atleast give us better insight as to what was possibly going on that led to this guy murdering this beautiful young woman who had her entire life before her, still yet to live..:(

I am very familiar with Union University.. Have known many people who attended college there(including my sister for her BS), and know 2 people who are actually presently going to college there as well..anyhow, not too far at all from me..45 minute drive..

All jmo.

Yeah, I wonder what the possible motive could be, and how on earth he thought he would get away with faking it. This kind of reminds me of Couty Alexander or Christopher Coleman--both supposedly "religious" men who killed their wives and kids (Alexander's wife was pregnant, if I remember correctly) and tried to stage the murder to throw suspicion on someone else. In both of those cases, the motive seemed to be that the men felt hemmed in by their families and responsibilities (Couty Alexander was also very young, like Pittman), but apparently thought that divorce wasn't an acceptable option, given their beliefs. (As if murder would be an acceptable option. *eye roll*) But in this case, they weren't even married yet, so what possible "shame" could there be in breaking off the relationship?

The only vague speculation I'm seeing anywhere (just in discussion after some of the news articles--I'm not a local or anything) is that maybe she was pregnant and he was having a problem with that. Of course, that's just speculation. Anything like that would come out during the autopsy, anyway.

It just amazes me when someone thinks they're going to be able to outsmart all of LE and forensic science by staging something like this. I mean, sure, I suppose once in a blue moon someone gets away with a crime like this. But I sure wouldn't want to risk a life sentence on it. And when someone does get away with a crime like this, it's someone like William Bradford--someone older, with a lot of experience and other resources. Not a 20-something kid. *head shake*

It could be the opposite. Maybe instead of him not wanting to be with her, she had reservations about being with him? And he became controlling/irate/upset/devastated so killed her because "if I can't have you, no one can"? Who knows.

nx96c8.jpg

JACKSON POLICE DEPARTMENT
Charles Pittman was arrested on Friday and charged
with first-degree murder in his fiancée’s death.

Devout Christian studies student allegedly kills fiancée, makes it look like suicide
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...kills-fiancee-article-1.1616924#ixzz2teUilKWB

This type murder always stuns me. I read a few articles that included pictures of this couple....they looked like good natured kids....The proverbial perfect couple.
Sure would like to know why he murdered her. RIP dear one.

Anymore info on this? Inquiring minds want to know...so sad.

DTLJ

a quick little search for anything new came up totally empty. Nothing reported (that I can find) since February. And I agree with WOW.

Attorneys request mental evaluation for Charles Pittman; hearing to be held in one to two months

Feb. 27, 2014 | Jackson Sun

"In Jackson City Court this afternoon, attorneys requested a mental evaluation for Charles Pittman, who is charged with murder in the death of his fiancee, Olivia Greenlee.

Pittman's preliminary hearing on the murder charge will be held about one or two months from now, after his mental evaluation.

The test will evaluate whether Pittman is competent enough to assist his attorney in his defense, public defender George Googe said in court."

More...

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...n-Charles-Pittman-hearing-held-one-two-months

Attorneys request mental evaluation for Charles Pittman; hearing to be held in one to two months

Feb. 27, 2014 | Jackson Sun

"In Jackson City Court this afternoon, attorneys requested a mental evaluation for Charles Pittman, who is charged with murder in the death of his fiancee, Olivia Greenlee.

Pittman's preliminary hearing on the murder charge will be held about one or two months from now, after his mental evaluation.

The test will evaluate whether Pittman is competent enough to assist his attorney in his defense, public defender George Googe said in court."

More...

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...n-Charles-Pittman-hearing-held-one-two-months

Since it was reported in this article from February 27, 2014, that the mental evaluation should be completed in one to two months... It seems like we should be hearing/seeing some updates soon...

JMO

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Case-bound-over-the-grand-jury--266659651.html

The case of a 21-year-old Union University student accused of killing his fiancée was bound over the grand jury on Thursday afternoon.

The courtroom was packed during the nearly two-hour long preliminary hearing of Charlie Pittman. Investigators say Pittman killed his fiancée and classmate Olivia Greenlee, 21, in February...

Pittman is formally charged with first-degree murder and tampering with evidence. Pittman will return to court on Oct. 6.

I wonder if she was pregnant? That wouldn't bode well for the image he tried so hard to project.

August 2015:

Charlie Pittman, accused of killing his fiancee, has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and tampering with evidence. Pittman pleaded guilty during a Thursday morning hearing in Madison County Circuit Court. He was sentenced to serve 40 years at 100 percent...

But even before Thursday’s admission of guilt, prosecutors said Pittman bragged about the murder. “The state has proof that the defendant, while incarcerated, had confided in a cell mate that he shot and killed Olivia Greenlee,” Pickens said. “Saying she quote ‘never saw it coming.”

http://www.wbbjtv.com/video/charlie-pittman-pleads-guilty-in-fiancees-murder/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back