GUILTY GA - Georgianne Harrell for student sex abuse, Sylvester, 2005

misterallgood

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
Ms. Georgianne Harrell has her some issues.

The Sylvester, Georgia 3rd grade teacher not only came under fire recently because she apparently slit her wrists in front of 21 students, but now she's been arrested for aggravated child molestation.

Articles, blog entry:

Ms. Georgianne put up her own websites while she was a college students. In light of the accusations against her, they make interesting reading:

Maybe we need a law that says ALL teachers have to undergo a complete psycholigical eval before getting their certification, and then have an annual eval each year to remain certified.

Timex said:
Maybe we need a law that says ALL teachers have to undergo a complete psycholigical eval before getting their certification, and then have an annual eval each year to remain certified.
I think that's a fantastic idea -- cops have to undergo psych evals. Why not?

...and have them take tests like the MMPI and the like...

Problem is, the smart psycho-or sociopath can work around this...(Mr. A., like Leigh Allen, one of the Zodiac suspects who taught elementary school for what, a decade before he was caught molesting kids and fired??)

Also...another big LOL to the brilliant Mrs. A for the "unicorn puke"! :clap: ...loved it!

It's sad that it seems like you need to have people pass all kinds of evaluations,tests and such to be in any profession any more- bus drivers, teachers, principals,priests and others in church related professions, parents,friends of parents,step-fathers,friends of your children and the list goes on and on and on.....

A person going by "Kim" left the following comment at my weblog, on the entry I wrote about Ms. Georgianne:

I went to high school and college with this woman. I never considered her as a friend. But I did have a class or 2 with her. I probably even ate lunch with her maybe a few times. I haven't seen her since my freshman or sophomore year of college. Interesting though, she didn't start out as an education major, rather she was a computer science major like I started out. So I think perhaps a lot of her writings on her website is perhaps good ol college BS for a grade.

Anyways, she was always different. Painfully shy I would consider her. That's why when she changed her major to education, I thought that very odd. She would get extremely nervous when we had to give group presentations...almost to the point that she couldn't make it through them.

Maybe she grew out of that as she progressed into her major. I don't know.

Also, in school, she was sort of a forgotten peer. So maybe that was part of it too. She was always overweight, not the pretty girl or even the smart girl or anything like that -just a lost in the crowd person. I always felt a little bad for her because back in my much shallower college days, I always thought to myself how I'm glad I'm not like her...how will she ever get a husband or anything like that. I had already in my mind sentenced her to a miserable life.

Anyways, I'm still shocked by this as I never would have imagined anything this extreme. Obviously she has some mental and emotional issues/disorders. I feel for the students who will now suffer their own emotional issues perhaps as a result of this. Maybe we need to do a better job of screening our teachers?

A third-grade teacher accused of slashing her wrists in front of her class and molesting students has pleaded not guilty.

Between August 2004 and May, authorities claim she abused a total of seven students. She has resigned from the school.

If convicted on all charges, she could receive maximum sentences ranging up to hundreds of years, prosecutors said.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,172035,00.html

She was to have been arraigned Tuesday, but her attorney filed documents waiving her right to an arraignment. He also entered a not-guilty plea on her behalf.

Harrell was arrested May 17, after cutting her wrists with broken glass in her classroom, officials say.

Eleven of the 24 charges against her involve a boy who was 9 at the time of the alleged attacks.

According to the indictment, she twice performed oral sex on the child in her classroom and had him fondle her and kiss her on the back and mouth.

If convicted on all charges, she could receive a maximum sentence of 60 years on the two counts of aggravated child molestation, 420 years on the 21 counts of child molestation and 12 months for reckless conduct, prosecutors said.
http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=70427

WTF??

This is getting WAAAAAY out of hand. We need better 'screening' for these teachers.

Georgianne Cecil Harrell

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 07/26/2006

Offense: Aggravated Child Molestation
Sentence: 25 years

Maximum Release Date: 05/05/2031
Parole Eligibility: Not Allowed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors