915 users online (159 members and 756 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Canada - Jeffrey Boucher, 52, Whitby ON, 13 Jan 2014 - #3

Jeffrey Boucher

Jeffrey Boucher is a 52 year old teacher at Bowmanville High School and an avid runner who has gone missing. He was last seen on Monday morning January, 13th, 2014 to go on a run. He never returned home. Normally, Boucher's daily runs go on for about 10 kilometers (6.2 miles), but he does not keep to the same route. When he failed to return home, his wife contacted authorities, and a search was then ensued. Boucher is a white male, 6', he weighs 180 lbs, he has graying brown hair with brown eyes.

Please contact the Durham regional police at 1-888-579-1520.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/01/13/po...ng-whitby-man/

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Verified insider: Mommybear
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:18 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 11:18 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

DRAFT TIMELINE

Note that when a date includes various entries and specific times are unknown, the events of that day are not necessarily in a chronological order.

Additions, corrections, suggestions are welcomed.

--------------------------------------------

Dec-20 JB and BB left for Collingwood

Dec-25 KB and K left for Cuba

Jan-01 KB and K returned to Whitby from Cuba

Jan-05 JB and BB returned to Whitby from Collingwood

Jan-06 First day back to school after Christmas break

Jan-08 JB got haircut at Great Clips. Also recently got new glasses and had dental treatment.

Jan-10 Officers advised KB that a sum of money was found in JB's desk at work on this date. KB says the money was in a malfunctioning file cabinet which was opened at JB's request by the caretaker but while JB was out of the classroom. JB did not tell KB about the incident.

Jan-11 Jeff did not run Saturday morning

Jan-11 5:00 AM JB and BB left to drive to Blue Mountain where they are both ski instructors; at times they taught near each other; they probably saw each other about 3 times a day. They spent the evening and night at JB's parents' chalet which is about 35km from Collingwood

Jan-12 Jeff did not run Sunday morning

Jan-12 AM KB went to church; BB called in the afternoon to say she and JB were leaving Blue Mountain to return home to Whitby

Jan-12 School Principal sent JB an email on Sunday evening, asking him to stop by her office before lunch on Monday, again, saying not to worry. But this email was never read by Jeff, she says.

Jan-12 6:30 PM JB and BB returned home to Whitby from Blue Mountain; approx 2.5 hour drive

Jan-12 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM BB was tutoring a student at the dining room table; KB says student was definitely gone by the time BB went to look for JB

Jan-12 8:30 PM MB called the house to speak with BB and KB picked up the phone and called from upstairs to JB downstairs that his mom was on the phone; JB told MB that BB couldn't come to phone as she was tutoring; he also said he was preparing for upcoming student exams; normally went to bed at 10:00 pm. KB advises they normally went to bed between 10:30 and 11:00 pm and that JB would not wake up until 5:00 am

Jan-12 8:50 PM JB gives KB kiss on cheek and says he's going for a run because it's such a nice night. KB warns him about icy sidewalks and advises other runners are running on the roads. JB normally changes in the laundry room which is attached to the garage, then goes out through the garage door which has keypad entry.

Jan-12 9:05 PM Student left and was picked up by a parent (Q: Has "parent" been verified?). Student lives by Sinclair SS which is in the opposite direction of where JB is believed to have headed out.

Jan-12 10:30 PM KB says she and JB always go into the hot tub at 10:15 prior to bedtime between 10:30 and 11:00 PM. KB went to lie down and BB says she will take the van and go look for JB

Jan-12 10:34 PM BB tweets her dad "went running 3 hours ago and he isn't home yet. Anyone seen a 50 year old man lying on a sidewalk?" (Tweet was deleted, possibly Monday, because BB said "it was irrelevant" and "people were asking a lot of questions); temp about 2C, clear, and light rain was forecast for the following day.

Jan-12 10:38 PM BB left in the van to look for her Dad. KB had looked at the alarm by the bed.

Jan-12 10:50 PM BB returns home and says JB was located running about 200m from home (later changed to 900m); he was just crossing over from Cochrane Street to Briargreen Court, as she was driving along Woodhaven Cres. She had a chat with him through the van window; BB said ""He was completely normal” when he got home that night". She says he didn’t go back out again and she was up late and would have noticed. There was almost a full moon, and historical weather data for Jan 12 shows 2.3C to 3.0C, precip. 0, snow accumulation 3cm.

Jan-12 10:55 PM Approx time JB arrived home, apparently having run up to Heber Down and back. His favorite places are Heber Down and Cullen Park.

Jan-12 11:10 PM JB came to bed. MB was in bed almost asleep. He woke her to tell her about the nice weather; he was asleep in a few minutes but KB couldn't get back to sleep

Jan-13 1:00 AM MB took a sleep-eez or 1/2 a sleep-eze. She heard BB downstairs and said BB was up until about 1:00 am or 1:30 am

Jan-13 3:30 AM LE advises plows were out

Jan-13 5:30 AM LE advises plows were also out at this time. Today is also recycling pickup north of Taunton.

Jan-13 5:32 AM cctv video shows jogger who appears to be running in the direction of Gilchrist Court. KB and BB viewed video and say it is not JB.

Jan-13 6:00 AM The time JB would normally go for his morning run, but nobody saw him leave. No cereal bowl or indication he ate breakfast. KB says he didn't kiss her goodbye. It is believed he was wearing his wedding band, wire silver framed glasses (wire on top, no wire on bottom), a navy blue or black running jacket, black pants; small MP3 pinned to his shirt/jacket; no Nike chip, no hat, no gloves, no water bottle or sweat band; car, keys, wallet at home (JB and KB have never owned cell phones); unknown which shoes he was wearing; his running watch was found at home in his work shoe; JB is said to run 10-15 km (2005 record shows 10km in 43 mins); historical weather data shows Jan 13 as 2.3C to 6.0C, precip .6 cm, snow accumulation 2cm. Locals say weather was clear, no fog.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=3

"Jan 12 7:00 PM Approx time, KB was watching TV and JB was in dining room on his laptop. They sat together for a bit on the couch discussing the houses for sale that KB had researched in Collingwood, and then they went on the computer together to look at the potential houses, to get an idea of what their 'dream house' might look like when they did move up to Collingwood. JB asked KB to email him the links to the place they currently liked best."

Jan-13 7:00 AM MB woke up

Jan-13 7:30 AM Family states they notice JB is not home yet

Jan-13 7:48 AM Sunrise in Whitby, ON

Jan-13 8:30 AM JB was reported missing and officer arrived right away; LE took JB's laptop and had a look at KB's computer which JB sometimes used. They were able to access JB's hotmail account because the family knew the password.

Jan-13 9:00 to 11:30 AM KB and BB searched trails through Heber Down

Jan-14 Recycling day for Gilchrist Court neighbourhood

Jan-14 BB tweets to her Dad that she misses him

Jan-14 Air, ground, canine searches commenced of trails and wooded areas near his home

Jan-19 BB tweets to her Dad "I love you dad, always living your life to the fullest. Nobody else enjoys nature as much as you, I hope you're safe."

Jan-20 LE says they have not ruled out any possibilities, including foul play

Feb-03 LE say the possibility that JB fell and injured himself is becoming "less realistic" because he would have been found by now .. Bank accounts and internet profiles have yielded no clues.

Feb-03 Underwater search off Whitby Harbor pier of Lake Ontario started/concluded today without results

Feb-03 Approx date LE state they are not ruling out a number of possibilities, including suicide or that JB may have run away.
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 02-18-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added entry per request

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Canada - ON - Jeffrey Boucher, 52, Whitby, 13 Jan 2014 #3

Continue Here:

The day of excessive exercise - 3 jog/cycling events, library and then downtown for another run - Post 681 Thread 2 from Mommybear

This is telling to me as it was a vivid example of increased exercise, something JB advocated for feeling down or whatever. This may be seen as compulsive behaviour but can also be a legitimate reason for being away from the house. Another jogger or cycling buddy?

Silly Billy asked if JB may have been able to preview his email without opening it - I don't think so IMO - on some email programs you can see the first few words of an email - similar to an extended subject line - you can however, read your/someone's email then go back and mark it unread - if you know how - pretty simple process really. But if he opened it - no sense marking it unread - the sending party knows you've already opened it.

Also.. while on the email subject, in BB's video interview (about 50 sec. in) she states JB returned home from his run Sunday and got ready for school the next day (so around 11 PM - timeline) - I wonder if KB/BB (both up till 1AM + that eve.) could elaborate on that process - does he answer school email at that time ? before retiring for the evening - he's a creature of habit to the highest degree - if he usually does respond to work related email at that time why not that evening - why did he deviate, did he have no intention of going in at all ... so why bother ?

http://globalnews.ca/video/1084697/m...as-false-alarm

Quote Originally Posted by conda9999 View Post
    The day of excessive exercise - 3 jog/cycling events, library and then downtown for another run - Post 681 Thread 2 from Mommybear

This is telling to me as it was a vivid example of increased exercise, something JB advocated for feeling down or whatever. This may be seen as compulsive behaviour but can also be a legitimate reason for being away from the house. Another jogger or cycling buddy?
    As much as I hope it is not so, I've wondered about his running being a 'legitmate reason', too. I can see how JB's regular running routine may have afforded him a perfect opportunity to carry on a relationship 'on the side'. MB would not question time he was away from home if he left on foot, running - so I've begun to wonder if he may have connected with someone in their neighbourhood, in a location where he could run in 5 minutes or so, have a quick visit and then run home again.

If that were so, perhaps he chose to start a new life with this person - in which case, the other person may have moved out of Whitby in recent weeks/months as part of their plan, so that their departures would not be linked. This person may have been waiting in a vehicle for JB that Monday morning, and whisked him away before he was even noticed as missing.

I can understand that marriages fall apart but what is harder to understand in this scenario is that JB would leave his children in this way... or that he could just walk away from all of his finances, unless the other person was wealthy enough that money was not an issue.

I hope this is not the case, because it would be so hurtful to MB and his kids if JB chose to walk away; I hope it is true because it would mean that JB is still okay out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by greenthumb View Post
    As much as I hope it is not so, I've wondered about his running being a 'legitmate reason', too. I can see how JB's regular running routine may have afforded him a perfect opportunity to carry on a relationship 'on the side'. MB would not question time he was away from home if he left on foot, running - so I've begun to wonder if he may have connected with someone in their neighbourhood, in a location where he could run in 5 minutes or so, have a quick visit and then run home again.

If that were so, perhaps he chose to start a new life with this person - in which case, the other person may have moved out of Whitby in recent weeks/months as part of their plan, so that their departures would not be linked. This person may have been waiting in a vehicle for JB that Monday morning, and whisked him away before he was even noticed as missing.

I can understand that marriages fall apart but what is harder to understand in this scenario is that JB would leave his children in this way... or that he could just walk away from all of his finances, unless the other person was wealthy enough that money was not an issue.

I hope this is not the case, because it would be so hurtful to MB and his kids if JB chose to walk away; I hope it is true because it would mean that JB is still okay out there somewhere.
    A good possibility ... but why forfeit so much - the words "I want a divorce" or "I want to separate" - four words a spouse does not want to have to utter or hear, yet would gain JB his pension - half the equity in the home.. his savings, his RRSP's etc. etc. - why leave all of that on the table ? He already had a stash ? We know KB handled all things financial in the home ... she would have seen anything trickling out - and so would LE - they went through his/their accounts etc.

Yes , he may have been seeing someone close by - maybe he made promises that he could not keep and the other person got angry/violent waiting on JB to pull the plug on the JB/KB relationship (or he simply changed his mind).

Somewhere somebody saw something - 2 full extended runs (Sunday/Monday) - I mean this guy doesn't just run around the block - he's galloping all over the neighborhood and beyond (night and day - 2 hours + Sunday night then Monday AM again) - garage doors going up and down - I see my neighbours coming and going all the time - doors going up - doors going down - walking to the mail box - dog walking - how did everyone miss this guy? Did he go out the back way .. intentionally being sneaky ? There would be signs of that .. no ??

I seem to have more questions now than when this whole thing began on Jan 13/14 2014.
    Last edited by Champsky; 02-18-2014 at 10:40 AM.

I don't understand why when JB is reported missing, do the police arrive right away. I think it was mentioned that JB was quite scheduled so they were concerned however for the police to jump in right away when the missing is a grown man seems odd. Anyone agree?

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingbout View Post
    I don't understand why when JB is reported missing, do the police arrive right away. I think it was mentioned that JB was quite scheduled so they were concerned however for the police to jump in right away when the missing is a grown man seems odd. Anyone agree?
    Yes.. some say foul play was expected immediately (rumour/speculation only) - the Police said it was because of the circumstances - lightly dressed and severe cold - he would only last a few hours - 24 tops - so they had to act immediately.

This case is particularly frustrating because we still do not even know for sure IF he even went for a run at all...do we?

Quote Originally Posted by SanJuanMom View Post
    This case is particularly frustrating because we still do not even know for sure IF he even went for a run at all...do we?
    That is correct. No third party collaboration for Sunday, and not even the family can say he went on Monday.

For Silly ... Previously, I asked MB what JB was doing after supper until the time he left for the run at 8:50 p.m., as I thought it may have been the key to what may have happened on Monday morning.

It's a small block of time (supper was ready for them arriving home at 6:30 p.m.)

Guessing about half an hour at the dinner table, so the timeframe would be around 7:00 p.m., or a little after, until 8:50 p.m. Again, guessing maybe a little over an hour was spent looking at properties.

MB responded iirc, she and JB were looking at dream home properties in Collingwood on her laptop.

Hamster ... are you able to locate this and repost. TIA

Quote Originally Posted by roseofsharon View Post
    For Silly ... Previously, I asked MB what JB was doing after supper until the time he left for the run at 8:50 p.m., as I thought it may have been the key to what may have happened on Monday morning.

It's a small block of time (supper was ready for them arriving home at 6:30 p.m.)

Guessing about half an hour at the dinner table, so the timeframe would be around 7:00 p.m., or a little after, until 8:50 p.m. Again, guessing maybe a little over an hour was spent looking at properties.

MB responded iirc, she and JB were looking at dream home properties in Collingwood on her laptop.

Hamster ... are you able to locate this and repost. TIA
    I think I see what you're getting at ... interesting thought - well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Champsky View Post
    A good possibility ... but why forfeit so much - the words "I want a divorce" or "I want to separate" - four words a spouse does not want to have to utter or hear, yet would gain JB his pension - half the equity in the home.. his savings, his RRSP's etc. etc. - why leave all of that on the table ? He already had a stash ? We know KB handled all things financial in the home ... she would have seen anything trickling out - and so would LE - they went through his/their accounts etc.

Yes , he may have been seeing someone close by - maybe he made promises that he could not keep and the other person got angry/violent waiting on JB to pull the plug the JB/KB relationship (or he simply changed his mind).

Somewhere somebody saw something - 2 full extended runs (Sunday/Monday) - I mean this guy doesn't just run around the block - he's galloping all over the neighborhood and beyond (night and day - 2 hours + Sunday night then Monday AM again) - garage doors going up and down - I see my neighbours coming and going all the time - doors going up - doors going down - walking to the mail box - dog walking - how did everyone miss this guy? Did he go out the back way .. intentionally being sneaky ? There would be signs of that .. no ??

I seem to have more questions now than when this whole thing began on Jan 13/14 2014.
    As to why not just say 'I want a divorce', it may fall into JB's personality profile to find it hard to express this - doesn't seem like he expressed much of what he was feeling, ever (based on his mother's comments, as well as MB's). I wonder if he ever had direct, tough conversations about anything, or if he just avoided emotionally-charged subjects entirely?

And he seems like a stand-up kind of guy, so possibly feelings of duty/honour/guilt would make him rationalize that it was okay to escape, but not okay to take half the house/money which would cause MB and his kids additional hardship? I suspect if JB did get into an extramarital relationship, it would cause him to have immense feelings of guilt, precisely because he is a decent guy.

About somebody seeing something - maybe neighbours/friends/colleagues do have an inkling that something was going on - but with no proof, just suspicions, I think most people would be cautious for fear of making worse what is already a very difficult situation for MB and her kids.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast