Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: TX - Antonio Saldivar, 17, Houston, missing after auto accdt, 15 Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Did the people around his girlfriend like him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Linda, we don't know. There has been some infighting among the two families, but that's just based on rumors. But so far other rumors have proven to be true. She hasn't said boo about any of it publicly. She wasn't at the vigil for Antonio, from what I understand.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoods View Post
    Exactly! I wrote my last post before I read yours and I agree, it was like a F/U to Antonio. There MUST be significance in the teddy bear, in fact I believe he was dead before he went into the water. Otherwise he would have struggled to stay afloat and the teddy bear would have been the first thing he would have removed.

Great point about the girlfriend being a minor. Antonio was only 17 so it's probable that she was a minor. Another strange twist to this is that the GF is saying she never made it to his house. Do you think he DID make it to her house and GF is covering for somebody? Maybe a family member that didn't want them dating?
    Exactly my point. I believe he DID meet the GF. Don't know where, but I believe the significance of the teddy bear not only being "returned" or "rejected" indicates that someone did not condone the relationship continuing.

I believe there is another case in the Jasper TX area where an autopsy was revealed and being disputed by the victim's family and "The Black Panthers"
    so I believe ME's are a little shy of rushing to judgment and releasing any autopsy info while an investigation is going on. So I feel with all that said that it indicates that an investigation IS still going on and is not considered a "closed case" JMO's

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jggordo For This Useful Post:

Does anyone have an update on Antonio's case? Virtual Silence. Almost three weeks since the last post.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ontheclock For This Useful Post:

Another week has gone by. What happened to Antonio?

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ontheclock For This Useful Post:

I think about Antonio frequently, I hope there's a break soon...

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mrsobrien For This Useful Post:

Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    Coming in late here: the photo of this poor young man, what a horrible way to die. Sending that photo to his family is just unconscionable to me, but then I have never put my mind in that direction. How was it sent? From a cell phone where the number was blocked?
    Fall down seven times, get up eight. Anon.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Donamena For This Useful Post:

Does anyone have any info on Antonio's case? Anyone nearby? I don't know if I should back off the case and consider it closed, or not. Is foul play still being considered?

I know he disappeared under questionable circumstances (the car accident), and I'll never forget that pic.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ontheclock For This Useful Post:

http://http://news92fm.com/436853/au...-ship-channel/

did a search and found this.. so young..may he Rest in Peace

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MomofAll For This Useful Post:

of course i couldn't post the url correctly..still haven't gotten that down..he was found Feb 27..

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MomofAll For This Useful Post:

May 12, 2014
    An autopsy shows that the teen whose body was pulled from the Houston Ship Channel likely drowned.

http://news92fm.com/436853/autopsy-r...-ship-channel/
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hope4 View Post
    May 12, 2014
    An autopsy shows that the teen whose body was pulled from the Houston Ship Channel likely drowned.

http://news92fm.com/436853/autopsy-r...-ship-channel/
    Thanks for posting the updates Momofall and 2Hope4.

What does "likely" drowning mean? Either he had water in his lungs or he didn't. I am so not the conspiracy theory type, but I still have so many questions.

If he never made it to his girlfriend's house like she said, did she call his phone looking for him?

What calls and texts were made to and from his phone that night?

Where was he all night if not with his GF?

Why did he have the stuffed animal down the front of his pants when he was found?

What about the witness that saw his car being run off the road?

The lack of news coverage on Antonio's case has been underwhelming. This is one case in which I don't believe justice has been served.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donamena View Post
    Coming in late here: the photo of this poor young man, what a horrible way to die. Sending that photo to his family is just unconscionable to me, but then I have never put my mind in that direction. How was it sent? From a cell phone where the number was blocked?
    I'm not sure how the photo was sent to the family or by whom, Donamena. That has never been made public. One of my many questions.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MomofAll View Post
    of course i couldn't post the url correctly..still haven't gotten that down..he was found Feb 27..
    It looks like you have one too many //http//'s in the url. Don't worry, you're way ahead of me, I didn't know how to copy and post a url for months!

And

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:

Recent article in the Houston Chronicle:

The Houston Police Department, already reeling from a scandal involving shoddy work in its homicide unit, was dealt another blow Monday when a report revealed that some 20,000 burglary, theft, assault and hit-and-run cases with workable leads were not investigated in 2013.

The authors of the city-commissioned study surveyed HPD division commanders who revealed "excessively high numbers of cases with leads that were not investigated in 2013 due to a lack of personnel."

The study's findings arrived at a critical time for HPD. The Houston Chronicle on Sunday reported on almost two dozen homicide cases dating back a decade that were barely investigated by HPD detectives. That scandal erupted earlier in the year when eight detectives were disciplined for their lack of work on the cases.

More at link:
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...by-5522573.php

Draw your own conclusions. This is nothing new in Houston, either. Been going on since back in the Houston Mass Murder days.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:

What does "likely" drowning mean? Either he had water in his lungs or he didn't. I am so not the conspiracy theory type, but I still have so many questions.

If he never made it to his girlfriend's house like she said, did she call his phone looking for him?

Why did he have the stuffed animal down the front of his pants when he was found?

The lack of news coverage on Antonio's case has been underwhelming. This is one case in which I don't believe justice has been served.
    Great questions. Thanks for laying them out.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ontheclock For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ontheclock View Post
    Great questions. Thanks for laying them out.
    Thanks! Now if we could only get them answered. I wish there was something more I could do. *kicks dirt with toe*

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:

Recent article in the Houston Chronicle:

The Houston Police Department, already reeling from a scandal involving shoddy work in its homicide unit, was dealt another blow Monday when a report revealed that some 20,000 burglary, theft, assault and hit-and-run cases with workable leads were not investigated in 2013.

The authors of the city-commissioned study surveyed HPD division commanders who revealed "excessively high numbers of cases with leads that were not investigated in 2013 due to a lack of personnel."

The study's findings arrived at a critical time for HPD. The Houston Chronicle on Sunday reported on almost two dozen homicide cases dating back a decade that were barely investigated by HPD detectives. That scandal erupted earlier in the year when eight detectives were disciplined for their lack of work on the cases.

More at link:
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...by-5522573.php

Draw your own conclusions. This is nothing new in Houston, either. Been going on since back in the Houston Mass Murder days.
    Well.... This is less than encouraging....

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

All great questions, Snoods...

I wonder/doubt we will get any answers to them now...

But... I can hope!

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    Well.... This is less than encouraging....
    I know, isn't that frightening? If you're going to get yourself murdered don't do it in Houston.

I grew up in Houston (I live in a small town outside of Houston now) and I've lived in Texas all my life. I love it here. And I have the utmost respect for police and I know they can only do so much with the manpower they have.

But 20,000 crimes not investigated in ONE YEAR, even those with valid leads, is a problem.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snoods For This Useful Post:

They really need to say more on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910