Thread: CA - Brian Butler, 36, San Mateo, 15 Feb 2014

CA - Brian Butler, 36, San Mateo, 15 Feb 2014

Brian Butler

Peninsula: Missing San Mateo man's car found off Highway 1 -

Brian Butler, 36, was reported missing Sunday after his friends found his car abandoned off Highway 1 just south of the Tom Lantos Tunnels, said Rebecca Rosenblatt, spokeswoman for the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Friends told investigators that the man had been depressed recently, and are worried he may be suicidal.
    Butler was last seen driving in the area in his car, which was found Saturday evening, and has not been heard from since.
    http://www.timesheraldonline.com/new...-car-found-off
    Last edited by los2188; 02-18-2014 at 09:49 PM.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection....."

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to los2188 For This Useful Post:

Mmmm... This is in my city, but have heard nothing. Found four Brian Butler LinkedIn profiles for the SF Bay Area, but it's hard to figure out who this is exactly. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Generally, adults disappearing get very little coverage in the Bay Area unless something hinky has happened (foul play, etc.). In fact, this newspaper is out of Vallejo which is on the other side of the bay.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Annie1004 For This Useful Post:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news...-car-found-off

He is a white male standing about 5-feet-8 inches tall and weighing about 155 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes, and was wearing jeans and a blue T-shirt at the time of his disappearance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

Cool

I was out of town at the time but have heard nothing since coming home. Lots of rugged coastline.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23619/12
    Status Missing
    First name Brian
    Middle name
    Last name Butler
    Nickname/Alias
    Date last seen February 16, 2014 00:00
    Date entered 02/22/2014
    Age last seen 36 to 36 years old
    Age now Unknown DOB
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Height (inches) 66.0 to 68.0
    Weight (pounds) 155.0

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

Search continues for missing man: Brian Butler’s vehicle was found abandoned Feb. 16 on Highway 1

March 01, 2014, 05:00 AM By Angela Swartz Daily Journal

So far, Brian’s family and friends have created a Facebook page called “Find Brian Butler” and have raised $4,000 to help find him. They are currently trying to figure out what to put the money toward and are considering hiring a private investigator. They said they’ve put up fliers everywhere from the Peninsula down to Santa Cruz and have volunteers out searching for Brian.
    more at link

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:

Curious if the area his car was found has easy access to the ocean? Despite beliefs stated in the article that he wasn't suicidal, are there cliffs or rocks he may have fallen off of into the water? Or perhaps just walked along the shore and taken out to sea?

Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Curious if the area his car was found has easy access to the ocean? Despite beliefs stated in the article that he wasn't suicidal, are there cliffs or rocks he may have fallen off of into the water? Or perhaps just walked along the shore and taken out to sea?

Tom Lantos Tunnel was built on the so-called Devil's Slide area of Highway 1, which skirts the Pacific Ocean up and down the state.

I have seen posters around Half Moon Bay so it looks like the word is spreading about Brian. This is so sad. Many people care very much for him.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie1004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
    Tom Lantos Tunnel was built on the so-called Devil's Slide area of Highway 1, which skirts the Pacific Ocean up and down the state.

I have seen posters around Half Moon Bay so it looks like the word is spreading about Brian. This is so sad. Many people care very much for him.
    Thanks! I am familiar with Highway 1 not specifically however where this tunnel is.

Praying he will be found safe.

Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

I hope this man is found safe, sound, and soon...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post

It sounds like word of his disappearance is getting out through the flyers. Someone is doing a great job with flyer distribution. I hope it helps locate him. No one should disappear like this and not be brought home. Brian needs to come home to his family.
    Where is Sky Metalwala???

Who killed the McStay Family????