CA CA - Brian Butler, 36, San Mateo, 16 Feb 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Brian Butler
brian-butler.jpg

Peninsula: Missing San Mateo man's car found off Highway 1 -

Brian Butler, 36, was reported missing Sunday after his friends found his car abandoned off Highway 1 just south of the Tom Lantos Tunnels, said Rebecca Rosenblatt, spokeswoman for the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Friends told investigators that the man had been depressed recently, and are worried he may be suicidal.
Butler was last seen driving in the area in his car, which was found Saturday evening, and has not been heard from since.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/news/ci_25174092/peninsula-missing-san-mateo-mans-car-found-off

Mmmm... This is in my city, but have heard nothing. Found four Brian Butler LinkedIn profiles for the SF Bay Area, but it's hard to figure out who this is exactly. I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Generally, adults disappearing get very little coverage in the Bay Area unless something hinky has happened (foul play, etc.). In fact, this newspaper is out of Vallejo which is on the other side of the bay.

I was out of town at the time but have heard nothing since coming home. Lots of rugged coastline.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23619/12
Status Missing
First name Brian
Middle name
Last name Butler
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen February 16, 2014 00:00
Date entered 02/22/2014
Age last seen 36 to 36 years old
Age now Unknown DOB
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 66.0 to 68.0
Weight (pounds) 155.0

Search continues for missing man: Brian Butler’s vehicle was found abandoned Feb. 16 on Highway 1

March 01, 2014, 05:00 AM By Angela Swartz Daily Journal

So far, Brian’s family and friends have created a Facebook page called “Find Brian Butler” and have raised $4,000 to help find him. They are currently trying to figure out what to put the money toward and are considering hiring a private investigator. They said they’ve put up fliers everywhere from the Peninsula down to Santa Cruz and have volunteers out searching for Brian.

more at link

Curious if the area his car was found has easy access to the ocean? Despite beliefs stated in the article that he wasn't suicidal, are there cliffs or rocks he may have fallen off of into the water? Or perhaps just walked along the shore and taken out to sea?

:(
Tom Lantos Tunnel was built on the so-called Devil's Slide area of Highway 1, which skirts the Pacific Ocean up and down the state.

I have seen posters around Half Moon Bay so it looks like the word is spreading about Brian. This is so sad. Many people care very much for him.

Tom Lantos Tunnel was built on the so-called Devil's Slide area of Highway 1, which skirts the Pacific Ocean up and down the state.

I have seen posters around Half Moon Bay so it looks like the word is spreading about Brian. This is so sad. Many people care very much for him.

Thanks! I am familiar with Highway 1 not specifically however where this tunnel is.

Praying he will be found safe.

:praying:

I hope this man is found safe, sound, and soon...

:please:

It sounds like word of his disappearance is getting out through the flyers. Someone is doing a great job with flyer distribution. I hope it helps locate him. No one should disappear like this and not be brought home. Brian needs to come home to his family.

• brian_joseph_butler_1.jpg
  • brian_joseph_butler_2.jpg
  • brian_joseph_butler_3.jpg
  • brian_joseph_butler_4.jpg
  • brian_joseph_butler_5.jpg
Butler, circa 2014
  • Missing Since 02/16/2014
  • Missing From Pacifica, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/21/1978 (45)
  • Age 36 years old
  • Height and Weight5'8, 155 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A light blue t-shirt and blue jeans.

• Medical Conditions Butler was suffering from severe depression at the time of his disappearance and may have been suicidal.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Butler has a tattoo of an artichoke on his chest over his heart and a tattoo of the letters "SHKA" on his ribcage.

Details of Disappearance​

Butler was last seen driving his vehicle on Highway 1 in Pacifica, California on February 16, 2014. He has never been heard from again. The next morning, his vehicle was found abandoned on the southbound shoulder of Highway 1 in unincorporated San Mateo County, California, just south of the Tom Lantos Tunnels at Devil's Slide.

Butler worked from home at the time of his disappearance, in the sales department of the Fishnet Security company. He's described as a charismatic and friendly individual and an adept hiker who had once hiked from Half Moon Bay, California to Santa Cruz, California, a distance of about fifty miles along the California coast, alone.

He left his cellular phone behind, and before his disappearance he had said he wanted to "go off the grid." His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• San Mateo County Sheriff's Department 650-363-4525

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 16, 2016; casefile added.

More photos of Brian from Charley Project

• brian_joseph_butler_6.jpg
  • brian_joseph_butler_7.jpg
  • brian_joseph_butler_8.jpg
  • brian_joseph_butler_9.jpg
Butler, circa 2014

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics