1171 users online (160 members and 1011 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I wonder if the crawl space was fixed so that she couldn't get out or if she could get out when she wanted to. That should be a big clue to the LE. If it was blocked then she wasn't in there because she wanted to be.

How in the world could a 20 yr old kid be this girl's guardian? That sounds really strange to me.
    In the article before my previous post, they said that they came and went only when he family was out of the house. Neighbors reported seeing her. She was an A and B student that failed two tests and was afraid to tell the family. But then the guardian (unintentionally, I think) set something heavy in front of the door and she was trapped. Definitely a strange story. Who knows?

and the story about the girls burnt I believe is the Teresa Cross story, and her murdering her two daughters, Sheila and Suesan.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel
    I wonder if the crawl space was fixed so that she couldn't get out or if she could get out when she wanted to. That should be a big clue to the LE. If it was blocked then she wasn't in there because she wanted to be.

How in the world could a 20 yr old kid be this girl's guardian? That sounds really strange to me.
    It was blocked.

I have to say I'm sceptical about this girl living that way voluntarily. But then, we've just had this case in the UK:-

Hundreds of central African children living in the UK may have suffered abuse or even been killed after being accused of witchcraft, charities say.

The warning follows the conviction of three people over the torture of an eight-year-old girl.

Four London charities, working with people from central Africa, told BBC News this was not an isolated case.

The children may have been returned to their home countries for "deliverance services" or other punishments.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4608943.stm

I'm not sure why one of the "women" can't be named "for legal reasons" - it would normally imply she's a minor herself, in which case I'd expect them to simply say she's a teenager.

The most alarming thing to me is that I heard on the radio earlier that one of the women STILL maintains the child is a witch.

So no - I can't believe the "innocent" line without more proof.

Has anyone heard anything else about this case? I would like to know what the true story was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2