GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountryGirl

Reaction score
Springfield, MO (Forgot to put in thread title)

Story.jpg

This is an Amber Alert, the Springfield Missouri Police Department has issued an Amber Alert that occured at 3247 west Lombard at 4:48 pm on 02/18/14. Abducted was Hailey Owens a white female 10 years old. The suspect vehicle is a gold 2008 Ford Ranger Missouri registration 1YF454. The vehicle was last seen southbound on Scenic from Grand in Springfield, Missouri. The suspect is a white male, no further description is available. The victim, Hailey M. Owens is a white female 10 years old, 5 foot 2 inches tall, weighing 90 pounds with long brown hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. Owens was last seen wearing blue jean shorts and purple sandals.. . Please Contact Springfield Police Department at 417-864-1810

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/story/d/...5dSez9g?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sorry, was having many issues getting on here and left off the city, etc of my thread title. I would appreciate if a MOD could fix it.

I'll get a map going.

Hollye

Just came over to see if this was mentioned here. I will be paying close attention to this abduction. I cannot imagine the fear going on with the mother right now. I really hope this man will drop the child off at a gas station, walmart or anywhere people are at which she can be safe with.

It looks like the incident was witnessed. Kudos to quick-thinking people! It also looks like LE may have an idea of where to be searching.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...n-10-year-old-West-Springfield?nclick_check=1

The article says that the amber Alert wasn't issued until two hours after she was abducted.

MOO...That defeats the whole purpose of the alert , which is to immediately get the description of the child, the kidnapper and the vehicle to people who are in the area, increasing the numbers of people out and about who might witness the kidnapper fleeing the area! What a needless, foolish, irresponsible delay. The whole thing was witnessed for goodness sake! They had the info but the threw away any chance of a member of the public spotting the vehicle before he gets away. I seriously doubt the kidnapper is out driving around two hours later...he is busy assaulting that poor little girl! MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The article says that the amber Alert wasn't issued until two hours after she was abducted.

MOO...That defeats the whole purpose of the alert , which is to immediately get the description of the child, the kidnapper and the vehicle to people who are in the area, increasing the numbers of people out and about who might witness the kidnapper fleeing the area! What a needless, foolish, irresponsible delay. The whole thing was witnessed for goodness sake! They had the info but the threw away any chance of a member of the public spotting the vehicle before he gets away. I seriously doubt the kidnapper is out driving around two hours later...he is busy assaulting that poor little girl! MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty much my feelings too. Wasted time. Very sad...they need to find this girl.

Is anyone downstairs on the scanner?

In the comments section there is a description of the perp given by someone who identifies herself as Hailey's aunt. I don't think I can post it here though because of TOS.

Well that's a cryin shame if you ask me!

I don't know where to start downstairs in the scanner threads but I just turned on the scanner for Springfield and while I know we can't talk about that up here, if there is a chat going on down there it may be of interest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member