Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    What a sick POS. Someone who was in a position of authority,
    and abused it. His place of employment must be in shock and tears.

So very sad for this sweet little girl.
    HAP, that's what pedophiles do. They often work or volunteer so they are around children.

This creep is a TEACHER OR COACH!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cooper Harris baked to death after spending approx. 7 hours strapped in a too small car seat in jh's car.
    Justice for Cooper
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. Albert Einstein
    All my post are moo, IMOO, my

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CHERIE.T For This Useful Post:

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that loved Haley. My heart breaks for this little one. WHY -do these monsters have to harm the children in this country. My God, will it ever end ?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luvs2laugh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    HAP, that's what pedophiles do. They often work or volunteer so they are around children.

This creep is a TEACHER OR COACH!
    THAT makes it SO MUCH worse

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luvs2laugh For This Useful Post:

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debloree For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ann-Tx View Post
    http://www.greenecountymo.org/sherif...?id=1401084073
    Greene County, MO - Sheriff -- Offender Information: WOOD, CRAIG MICHAEL

Snipped:

Charges

Warrant No
    PC 14-6392

Offense Type
    F

Offense Description
    MURDER 1ST 565.020

Bond Amount

Court Date/Time
    12/12/2030 -- 12:00 AM
    Did I read that court date correctly--his first court date is in 2030? So much for swift justice. (Maybe they're hoping he'll find it while incarcerated, without the system's help?)
    All my posts on this site are my opinion only, generated from brainstorming and my own attempts to logically put the pieces together.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PoirotryInMotion For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 4SAM View Post
    On KSPR it says that authorities are on their way to Dutch Maid Laundry at Elm Street and National. Any ideas why??
    Possibly washed his clothing there after the murder - getting rid of evidence?
    Life is an attitude... have a good one

IMO, this horrendous crime took place under just the right circumstances for this sorry excuse for a human being to be captured and this poor child was STILL found deceased! This proves, in my mind, how time is of the essence in kidnap cases. I wonder if he did, indeed, murder her right away (as it seems) or if he "injured" her and left her to die in the cold? Oh....this just pains me to even ask these questions! Cases like this stir up things in my soul that I'm not proud of..ugh!
    "Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says "Oh crap. She's up."

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FlamingoLady For This Useful Post:

----------------------------------------------
    Everything is MOO a little OINK and a touch BAA
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skibaboo For This Useful Post:

Whenever these cases happen, I feel like they are just swept under the rug nationally. National News (Other than a few shows on HLN) barely cover them like they should. When a child is missing and it is believed to be a stranger abduction, that deserves round the clock coverage. They should not let up until everyone knows about the case and what to look for.

As soon as the Amber Alert went out I saw way too many people complaining and saying Amber Alerts aren't "news" because they happen every day. That Amber Alerts are annoying. That they should just be ignored, etc. Yes, Amber Alerts happen frequently, although not really in my opinion. But a lot of them are family abductions. I know how serious those can be, but they are not on the same level as stranger abductions - usually. People need to be reminded just how serious these cases are.

Just my rant, because I'm annoyed that these cases don't get as much coverage as Miley twerking.

Quote Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion View Post
    Did I read that court date correctly--his first court date is in 2030? So much for swift justice. (Maybe they're hoping he'll find it while incarcerated, without the system's help?)
    Thats got to be a system error or a random date. 12/12/2030 at midnight? lol

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skibaboo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leilei View Post
    That's my thought.

I wanted to add my about the witnesses - Thank goodness they got his description, car info, etc. and even though the police were unable to save sweet Hailey, thankfully they were able to apprehend this guy before he took the "easy" way out like Michael Klunder in the Kathlynn Shephard case. I hope he suffers.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FragileSugar For This Useful Post:

The article I read last night stated plainly that the man and wife ran after the truck. How do you think LE got the plate number? Y'all should lay off the witnesses! They are the reason her family knows where she is now. It's really not fair people...

Quote Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion View Post
    My guess would be that is just a default date. Meaning, a date was not entered and the system just defaulted to that date/time. Just a guess. Althoug I like your idea of swift jail justice.
    "Be the kind of woman, that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the Devil says "Oh crap. She's up."

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlamingoLady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
    I believe we need to send flowers, or at least a THANK YOU to the neighbor who was observant and called this in so quickly. Without that quick action and care helped to find this POS as quickly as they did. It didn't save her but it could have.

Even before there was an Amber Alert as soon as the plate number came in everyone in the area was looking. There are not that many ways in or out of Springfield. Everyone, even aside of LE was looking,

In this particular case, the Amber Alert wasn't the make it or break it on the outcome. It was the neighbor. These are my opinions.
    I agree with this completely. The fact that these neighbors were able to get as much description as they did in the seconds after the unbelievable happened right in front of them is why the accused is in custody now. The fact that the accused has been working in the public school system guarantees that this would not have been his last opportunity around children. Yes, it's too late for precious Hailey...but I don't fault witnesses or LE for that. The perp gets ALL the blame.
    All my posts on this site are my opinion only, generated from brainstorming and my own attempts to logically put the pieces together.

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PoirotryInMotion For This Useful Post:

Presser LIVE now http://www.ky3.com/video-photo/live

They have found a body, ID not confirmed but they believe it to be Hailey

27. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to skibaboo For This Useful Post:

Per presser:

Hasn't been positively identified.

Me: WTF did he do to her???

I'm just sick
    Life is an attitude... have a good one

29. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Leilei For This Useful Post:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/watch-kmbc-...t-now/24440840

Confirm young female body found

At home?....Is this accurate

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Springfield Police Cheif just confirmed her body was found.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 4SAM For This Useful Post:

Presser:

No connection tween victim & suspect

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leilei View Post

That is the first thing I thought of. Maybe to get rid of any blood, or to get her DNA off on his clothes?? oh no..
    God does not like ugly

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trigger For This Useful Post:

MO - AMBER ALERT: Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014

This is a letter parents got this morning...

Springfield Public Schools

Last night we learned the terrible news that one of our students had been abducted near her home. This morning our sadness is compounded by the recent developments in the case of Hailey Owens' abduction.

The suspect in this case, Craig Michael Wood, was arrested by Springfield Police Department. Wood has been employed by SPS since Aug. 18, 1998. He works as a paraprofessional and athletic coach at Pleasant View K-8 School. His employment has been suspended until this matter is resolved.

Hailey is a student at Westport Elementary School and last year she attended Bowerman Elementary School.

I offer my support to Hailey's family and to our SPS community. Students and staff at three of our schools are coping with this situation. To support these school communities directly impacted by this tragedy, I have assigned additional counseling staff and school police officers to be on hand until further notice.

We are fully cooperating with law enforcement officials as their investigation continues. Because this is an ongoing investigation, I will not be making any further comments about the situation at this time.

Sincerely,

Norm Ridder
    Superintendent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

39. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

Poor, sweet girl. She was probably gone before the Amber Alert even went out. I hope she didn't suffer long.

My heart feels sick.

The only "cure" for pedophilia is death. When will our society come to realize this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why the amber alert hasn't been cancelled IMO, they haven't formally identified the body yet. WHAT HAS HE DONE TO HER??

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to skibaboo For This Useful Post:

body found inside home

Inside home: the body

45. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast