716 users online (106 members and 610 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs down Texas District Attorney Candidate: Domestic Violence Is 'So, So Overrated'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000009

Lloyd Oliver, a Democratic candidate for district attorney in Harris County, Texas, has a problem with domestic violence: He thinks it's prosecuted too much.

Oliver told the Texas Observer Wednesday that domestic violence is "so, so overrated." If elected, he indicated he'd redirect resources away from family violence to focus on other issues.
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

Oh my word! It makes me wonder how much respect he has for women and children, who are frequently the objects of domestic violence.

This man has some serious issues

"In a 2012 appearance on "Reasonable Doubts," a weekly call-in show sponsored by the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Oliver said domestic violence victims should "maybe learn how to box a little better."

Later, when asked to clarify, he suggested domestic violence is part of some couple's sexual routine.

"There are some people -- I don't understand it -- but part of their making love is to beat one another up first," he said. "Why do we want to get involved in people's bedrooms?"
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

Quote Originally Posted by SpongeBathHotPants View Post
    This man has some serious issues

"In a 2012 appearance on "Reasonable Doubts," a weekly call-in show sponsored by the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Oliver said domestic violence victims should "maybe learn how to box a little better."

Later, when asked to clarify, he suggested domestic violence is part of some couple's sexual routine.

"There are some people -- I don't understand it -- but part of their making love is to beat one another up first," he said. "Why do we want to get involved in people's bedrooms?"

Those people are called abusers. And, yeah...you kinda need to get involved in their bedroom.

What an idiot.

THose are crazy comments for this day and age.

An attempt at getting extra press? That is pretty out there.

He should join Websleuths and read about all the murdered and missing women and get an education!

This guy is a [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]!!!!!

Oh, I wish I could say what I wanted to about this man. I think he's mentally ill. He has no business being a public official of any kind or representing the public in any capacity.

His weird discussion of S&M in connection with discounting the seriousness of domestic violence is bizarre and concerning. I bet there's a lot about this person's personal life that would curl your eyelashes.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    He should join Websleuths and read about all the murdered and missing women and get an education!

he seems the type that would some how or other say it was the victims fault this happened.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Agreed! His comment that the abused should learn to box better is beyond words! I pray that he does not have kids.

Oh dear.

With apologies to OC Dep. DA Matt Murphy for plagiarism....

'Bye bye.'
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

'Oliver admits he runs for office to drum up business for his law practice'

http://offthekuff.com/wp/?tag=lloyd-oliver
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebel View Post
    'Oliver admits he runs for office to drum up business for his law practice'

http://offthekuff.com/wp/?tag=lloyd-oliver
    There should be a long line of domestic abusers looking for a devoted defender outside his door.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I know just how you feel!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast