962 users online (188 members and 774 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Braden Hopkins, 10, killed by drunk driver, Irving, 17 July 2003

Here is a judge with a sense of Justice!

"A man who admitted to driving drunk when he hit and killed a 10-year-old boy was sentenced to spend Christmas Day, New Year's Day and the child's birthday in jail for the next 10 years."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3189886
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Here is a judge with a sense of Justice!

"A man who admitted to driving drunk when he hit and killed a 10-year-old boy was sentenced to spend Christmas Day, New Year's Day and the child's birthday in jail for the next 10 years."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory...olitan/3189886
    Kudo's for the judge who came up with this sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job judge! Now go a step farther and require him to clean the child's gravesite on the anniversary of the accident. Give him something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986
    Good job judge! Now go a step farther and require him to clean the child's gravesite on the anniversary of the accident. Give him something to think about.

OOOhhhhh! Good Idea!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

A family mourning the loss of a child says a drunken driver's unusual sentence is only fair.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4511434/detail.html

Judge Vickers Cunningham

Someone needs to give this guy a pat on the back!