Scapegoats and Grasping at Straws

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
Experts have said that this case has a "bizarre" and "highly unusual" character to it. John Douglas said it, Clint VanZandt said it, and those are national experts. What that should tell you is the perp is probably going to be on the "bizarre" and "highly unusual" side.

IOW, the perp may write, sound, and act just like the ransom note and the killing suggest.

Lets face it: Nobody listed here so far, even the local run of the mill bad-guys, go up very high on the "bizarre" and "highly unusual" scale, do they.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Experts have said that this case has a "bizarre" and "highly unusual" character to it. John Douglas said it, Clint VanZandt said it, and those are national experts. What that should tell you is the perp is probably going to be on the "bizarre" and "highly unusual" side.

IOW, the perp may write, sound, and act just like the ransom note and the killing suggest.

Lets face it: Nobody listed here so far, even the local run of the mill bad-guys, go up very high on the "bizarre" and "highly unusual" scale, do they.
It's funny, the reason I am attracted to this case is that I find the Ramseys quite bizarre, so, err, I agree with you on this ;)

If it wasn't for what I've learned of the personalities of John and Patsy, I would have forgotten about this case around Feb of 1997!

No one else in the whole plethora of protagonists comes close, in my view, to being more simultaneously interesting and bizarre, than John.

Patsy runs a second in the bizarre stakes in my opinion, though. I realise this is probably the reverse of most RDI's rankings of bizarre-ness. But John... just... gives me the creeps. And I am a guy! I wonder how Arndt must have felt. Or the housekeeper who called the Rams to tell them about the soaking wet floor... the ruined carpets etc...... and saw John's silent fury... no words, no gestures... just fury.

I bet if I knew Burke, well, I might have to change that ranking a bit.

Ahh, Burke. You little mystery. :banghead:

Im with you Guru,the Ramseys are not my idea of a normal family, I think a lot of their actions could be termed bizzarr [both before JBS death and afterwards].Maybe being rich gives way to different morals to those who are not rich.Being from Australia,like yourself,Im having a hard time working out what might be considered normal in an American lifestyle ,but to me Patsy is far from normal ,:boohoo: nothing but a drama queen looking for attention,and she got it big time.

dingo said:
Im with you Guru,the Ramseys are not my idea of a normal family, I think a lot of their actions could be termed bizzarr [both before JBS death and afterwards].Maybe being rich gives way to different morals to those who are not rich.Being from Australia,like yourself,Im having a hard time working out what might be considered normal in an American lifestyle ,but to me Patsy is far from normal ,:boohoo: nothing but a drama queen looking for attention,and she got it big time.
Yeah us Aussies are just scratching out heads arent we! Narlacat, Aussie Sheila, i'm sure you two agree as well!

i've lived in america and i can tell you that the Rams AREN'T normal, by the way, even by American standards ;) Like you say, maybe it's the wealth. Can you imagine a country of 300 million Ramseys?

300 million Patsys all praying to Jebus, fixing their outfits and buying funny stuff from hardware stores in their Jags and Jeeps. Yikes. ;)

Good on ya mate,:) . Im not about to judge the law system in America BUT what more do they need ,its so frustrating, I dont think this case will ever be solved ,in my opinon

it seems the Rams because of their wealth and contacts will never see their day in court. The saying the bigger they are the harder they fall is not is not going to apply to them

Sorry guys I hate to disagree but I think John is so very normal!!!!! Not only that, but a very decent, honourable man!!!!! All in a wealthy American middle-aged businessman kind of way of course. Actually I have never seen anything but still photos of him so maybe there is something you have seen that I haven't. But in all of the interviews of him that I have read he sounds so truthful and such a decent kind of guy. Of course I agree with you about Patsy, she is something else and a very disturbed woman underneath all the facade. I think they led fairly separate lives, but that is not that unusual.

As far as 'bizarre' and 'highly unusual' goes, I think it's the coverup. First the perpetrators tried to cover up the accidental killing by staging a kidnapping. This was plan A. Having insufficent time to dispose of the body they hid it temporarily in the cellar and got the mother to write the ransom note which she did an appalling job of. Then when John ruined their plan by finding the body, the mastermind of the staging suddenly had to devise a new plan, Plan B. Being a wealthy and powerful man in Boulder he was subsequently able to influence the BPD to incriminate the Ramseys, pressuring them to find evidence of sexual abuse within the Ramsey family.

Of course there was sexual abuse of JonBenet and it had been going on for years, not by John but by a group of paedophiles who had free access to her whenever he was away on his business trips, the mother seeing 'nothing', the paediatrician seeing 'nothing' the entire time. These were ordinary run-of-the-mill paedophiles and it wasn't until a guy new to the group introduced a stun gun to the activities that things went horribly wrong.

As far as American law goes I think they have individuals in their law enforcement agencies who are just as crooked as many in ours and who can be leaned on to do whatever is required of them by a Mr Big.

This is all just my opinion and I know I am out there on my own because NOONE agrees with me, not so far at any rate. It is a bit lonely here I have to say but it's nice talking to you guys

Aussie ,your senerio is not unbeleiveable ,but I still thing p..atsy alone committed this crime,call it a gut feeling.Was Fleet Whites daughter ever interviewed I wonder .Daphne was the same age as JB ,if it was happening to JB it was proberly happining to her as well.Dont feel alone even if it didnt happen in Australia,weve been made welcome on this forum and it goes to show how much we all care about justice for this little girl

dingo said:
Aussie ,your senerio is not unbeleiveable ,but I still thing p..atsy alone committed this crime,call it a gut feeling.Was Fleet Whites daughter ever interviewed I wonder .Daphne was the same age as JB ,if it was happening to JB it was proberly happining to her as well.Dont feel alone even if it didnt happen in Australia,weve been made welcome on this forum and it goes to show how much we all care about justice for this little girl
I can't see a motive for Patsy killing JonBenet. And since I am totally with BlueCrab on his belief that a ligature rope and a stungun were used in the killing of JonBenet, as well as the powerful blow to the head, I cannot see a mother being involved in a scenario like that.
I had forgotten about Daphne, as I have never seen her mentioned on this site (I only read of her in PMPT years ago). I agree with you, it most probably would have been happening to her as well.
But since she is one of the Whites and it goes with my theory that the White parents are centrally involved in all this AND the coverup, then they would be making sure that their children are being kept well out of the investigation.

Im out of my league here,BUT,as i said , if it happened to JB odds on it would have happened to Daphne .She would be about 15 by now,old enough to speak out.What does she know:waitasec:

dingo said:
Im out of my league here,BUT,as i said , if it happened to JB odds on it would have happened to Daphne .She would be about 15 by now,old enough to speak out.What does she know:waitasec:

Daphne was a normal little girl...Priscilla had the sense not to put her on display.

Patsy, Pam and Nedra had high hopes for JonBenet...a Miss America. "A first"...a mother, aunt, and now daughter competing in Miss America pageant.

I know people will say that Patsy started JonBenet in pageants just one year before her death but that is not true. Patsy had JonBenet on display since the age of 2...putting her and Burke in a float for some type of parade. The hundreds of portraits Patsy had JonBenet pose for...kind of like chronicling this poor little girls life...kind of like a life long portfolio leading up to the Miss America pageant.

But like another poster said...JonBenet was changing...she was becoming her own person. She no longer had interest in pageants...singing and dance lessons. She wanted to be a normal little girl and no longer dress like her mother.

Patsy knew she was losing "CONTROL" of her daughter and the "My Twinn Doll" was the proverbial nail in the coffin.

Toltec said:
Daphne was a normal little girl...Priscilla had the sense not to put her on display.

Patsy, Pam and Nedra had high hopes for JonBenet...a Miss America. "A first"...a mother, aunt, and now daughter competing in Miss America pageant.

I know people will say that Patsy started JonBenet in pageants just one year before her death but that is not true. Patsy had JonBenet on display since the age of 2...putting her and Burke in a float for some type of parade. The hundreds of portraits Patsy had JonBenet pose for...kind of like chronicling this poor little girls life...kind of like a life long portfolio leading up to the Miss America pageant.

But like another poster said...JonBenet was changing...she was becoming her own person. She no longer had interest in pageants...singing and dance lessons. She wanted to be a normal little girl and no longer dress like her mother.

Patsy knew she was losing "CONTROL" of her daughter and the "My Twinn Doll" was the proverbial nail in the coffin.

JonBenet's first pageant was in the summer of '94 when she was a month shy of turning four.

What source are you using for the information that JonBenet was no longer interested in pageants or dressing like her mother other than her wishing to wear her new The Gap outfit to the Whites'?

As for being a normal little girl--JonBenet was already a normal little girl with many pursuits other than pageants.

Rainsong

aussiesheila said:
But since she is one of the Whites and it goes with my theory that the White parents are centrally involved in all this AND the coverup, then they would be making sure that their children are being kept well out of the investigation.

The Ramsey's have demonstrated the traits of people with direct knowledge of what really happened from the moment the 911 call was placed.

There is no way they would cover for the Whites if they murdered JonBenet.

It wasn't the White's who lawyered up almost immediately and avoided talking to the BPD for 4 months.

Rainsong said:
JonBenet's first pageant was in the summer of '94 when she was a month shy of turning four.

What source are you using for the information that JonBenet was no longer interested in pageants or dressing like her mother other than her wishing to wear her new The Gap outfit to the Whites'?

As for being a normal little girl--JonBenet was already a normal little girl with many pursuits other than pageants.

Rainsong

If you had been paying attention and actually read what Toltec wrote you would have noticed this.

Seeker said:
If you had been paying attention and actually read what Toltec wrote you would have noticed this.

LOL! I did pay attention, Seeker, which is why I asked for the source. What you have quoted is Toltec's opinion, not a 'source' for this inside information.

Rainsong

That doesn't look like Toltec's opinion, it looks like she's using that as her source for the info.

This is from PMPT.
On December 23, JonBenet was playing with makeup.

"JonBenet, you are not going anywhere with all that on," Patsy told her. "You take some of it off." JonBenet did.

At one o'clock she went to play with some friends and was back by four o'clock. Late that afternoon she didn't want to wear a dress for their Christmas party. Patsy got a little agitated. Finally, JonBenet put on a velvet one with short sleeves.

I believe the actual source of the original info is LHP. Don't know if it was before her lawsuit or after though.

Holdontoyourhat said:

And if this person were so bizarre, so weird, then why have they not shown themselves already? How have they not given temselves away?

GuruJosh said:
It's funny, the reason I am attracted to this case is that I find the Ramseys quite bizarre, so, err, I agree with you on this ;)

If it wasn't for what I've learned of the personalities of John and Patsy, I would have forgotten about this case around Feb of 1997!

No one else in the whole plethora of protagonists comes close, in my view, to being more simultaneously interesting and bizarre, than John.

Patsy runs a second in the bizarre stakes in my opinion, though. I realise this is probably the reverse of most RDI's rankings of bizarre-ness. But John... just... gives me the creeps. And I am a guy! I wonder how Arndt must have felt. Or the housekeeper who called the Rams to tell them about the soaking wet floor... the ruined carpets etc...... and saw John's silent fury... no words, no gestures... just fury.

I bet if I knew Burke, well, I might have to change that ranking a bit.

Ahh, Burke. You little mystery. :banghead:
If you find the Ramsey's bizarre, you've led a sheltered life.

Its like you're fishing for a great white with a 20 lb line (that's for my fans from down under).:laugh:

Oh I think McSanta beats the Ramseys hands down in the "Who's the Most Bizarre" contest. Fleet White is a good runner-up and LHP and Merv at least deserve an Honorable Mention..

tipper said:
Oh I think McSanta beats the Ramseys hands down in the "Who's the Most Bizarre" contest. Fleet White is a good runner-up.
I choose: (e) none of the above.

tipper said:
Oh I think McSanta beats the Ramseys hands down in the "Who's the Most Bizarre" contest. Fleet White is a good runner-up and LHP and Merv at least deserve an Honorable Mention..

Let McSanta rest in peace please. As for FW, I'd take him in a normal contest anyday over John Ramsey. As for LHP and Merv, well, as far as I know they are "normal."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back