IN - Cory Clark, 26, & daughter Jenna, 4, found murdered in their home

Attorney Jeff Lockwood told jurors he sought not sympathy for his client but acknowledgement of the factors that led to Baer slashing the throat of Cory Clark and her four-year-old daughter, Jenna, in their home near Lapel in February 2004.

Authorities are seeking the death penalty for Baer, who was convicted last week of two counts of murder.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../50519006/1006
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Cory Clark and 4 year old Jenna- murdered- trial

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../50519006/1006

ANDERSON, Ind. — An attorney for convicted murderer Fredrick Michael Baer pleaded for his client’s life today, saying that if jurors recommended the death penalty they would be saying Baer “doesn’t deserve to live.”

Attorney Jeff Lockwood told jurors he sought not sympathy for his client but acknowledgement of the factors that led to Baer slashing the throat of Cory Clark and her four-year-old daughter, Jenna, in their home near Lapel in February 2004.

Authorities are seeking the death penalty for Baer, who was convicted last week of two counts of murder.

Lockwood added: “You are being asked to condemn a human being.”

Madison County Prosecutor Rodney Cummings, speaking in an interview, acknowledged Baer had a tough life, but said, “So what?” He added that nothing justified what Baer did to the Clarks.

-----------------------

yea really.. SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree - SO FREAKING WHAT !!

This guy should FRY !!!

When I read that: I said to myself, he is asking a retorical question?

Not a very bright lawyer to say somthing like that......but once it is out there.........
    Last edited by CyberLaw; 05-20-2005 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Jurors are asked to 'vote for life' during sentencing phase in double-slaying trial.

Fredrick Michael Baer made the choice to murder a Lapel-area woman and her 4-year-old daughter, but a childhood of pain put him on the path to the tragedy, his lawyers argued Thursday.

A defense expert portrayed the convicted murderer as having "faulty wiring" that pointed him toward violence.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...51/1006/NEWS01
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

From June 2005:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/m...ing-woman-girl

A judge on Thursday sentenced a man to death for killing a Lapel-area woman and her 4-year-old daughter in February 2004...

Investigators believe Baer robbed and tried to rape Cory Clark to feed a drug habit and a deviant sexual appetite. He also is charged with raping women in Indianapolis and Hamilton County.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OkieGranny For This Useful Post:

byo