722 users online (67 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

TN - Laurie Nichols, 61, stabbed, daughter charged, Knoxville, 18 Feb 2014

I searched and could not find a thread on this. Bizarre and very, very scary. A 61 year old lady was found stabbed to death. Neighbors suspected her mentally ill daughter who disappeared with her child after her mother was found killed.

Four days later, she comes calmly walking up, with her small daughter, and confesses to the news reporter who was doing a story about the killing, and explains that she had to murder her mother due to satanic curses.

This is an incredible thing to watch. I bet the neighbor and newscaster were shaking in their boots. And they knew they could not let the little girl go with her mom. Very tense until police arrived. The first video is the original news broadcast and the second (in the link) is more of the uncut interview. Phew!

http://www.local8now.com/home/headli...l?device=phone
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

The neighbor woman told the reporter that the woman who confessed to the stabbing is mentally unstable.
    To understand the soul of a horse is the closest we humans can come to knowing perfection.

I don't know which is more tragic, parent burying a child or parent killed by child. Jmo

ciao

Attention Please!

Just a friendly reminder:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

If you have any questions, please let me know by pm

TIA
    fran
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 12-05-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: broken link

Very sad for the family a grandmother and mother lost.The poor child will have neither.I bet she was not taking her meds.She is definately suffering from schezophrenia.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2014/fe...d-stabbing-on/

The mother was still alive and listed in serious condition as of this story yesterday. Currently, her charges include attempted first degree murder and especially aggravated kidnapping.

Quote Originally Posted by cuffem View Post
    Very sad for the family a grandmother and mother lost.The poor child will have neither.I bet she was not taking her meds.She is definately suffering from schezophrenia.
    Psychosis of some sort, that's for sure.

Under the article, someone in the comments claims to be family or a friend and stated she was kind of hippiesh or off but had never shown any signs of something like this. That this was sudden.

It's very scary. I wonder who is taking care of the very traumatized little girl. I hope she's with someone protective. I think the neighbor lady is the one doing most of the talking during the video and she seems to be consoling the child and trying to protect her, maybe separate her from the mother, if you listen closely to background noise.

In the end, the neighbor is cradling the child in her arms. What that kid went through for four days. Man. She likely knew what happened to her grandmother and then she had to hide out for four days with her sick, raving mother.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

what a weird, surreal situation ...

I'm glad the neighbour lady was there to console the child

I hope the grandmother pulls through and that poor little girl is somewhere safe!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk