752 users online (65 members and 687 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AK - Dashawn McCormick, 5, Anchorage, 4 July 2012

Dashawn McCormick

Another sad story from my home state. Sadly enough, it appears as though this poor little kid never stood a chance from reading about his home life. That's not fair to him.

Big Lake woman searches for missing child -

MAT-SU —
    A Big Lake couple searching for a child missing for nearly a year have received a boost from a national agency. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has added Dashawn McCormick to its database as a missing person. The now 6-year-old boy from Anchorage has officially been missing since April 1, 2013, according to the center. Step-grandmother Judy Holmes, who lives in Big Lake with boyfriend Michael Gearing, said she hasn’t seen the boy since July 4, 2012. The child’s father and step-mother are both incarcerated, she said.
    http://www.frontiersman.com/news/big...9bb2963f4.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Do you have a link to his story?
    I wonder if he was placed in foster care after his parents were put in jail?

floridamomma is offline "I've never let my school interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
    who had custody?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I could find so very little about Dashawn McCormick. It's a shame. As I said, this little boy didn't stand a chance.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Charley Project FB listed this today.

https://www.facebook.com/CharleyProject

Poor kid. He's beautiful! Hope he is okay!

jmo
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by floridamomma View Post
    who had custody?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'd call that a gaping hole in this missing person report! No mention of his mother or any of his grandparents, just steps.

How can a six year old vanish and not get any press at all for a year? Why aren't there any details?

Quote Originally Posted by forthelost View Post
    How can a six year old vanish and not get any press at all for a year? Why aren't there any details?
    As sad as it is and you make a great point, but having been raised there, Alaska isn't exactly a major media market to say the very least. It's no excuse and as I said it's sad, but I'm certainly not surprised. I guess that's part of what we had to deal with in living in Alaska. I would LOVE to get more information on his disappearance.

I found this from one of my contacts....

IMO, if the out-of-state mother has full custody, Dashawn must have been visiting his father and stepmother at the time of his disappearance.

What was the date LE arrested the father? The stepmother? The charges?
    If they were arrested together, LE would have made arrangements for Dashawn.
    If the father was arrested first, the stepmother may have kept the child or handed him over to someone else before she was arrested.

Updated poster -

It sounds like Deshawn's father had custody, because one article said his mother has "regained" custody. But now his father and step-mother are both incarcerated. He hasn't been seen since at least April 1, 2013. And it seems other family members have not seen Deshawn since July 4, 2012!

What the heck is going on here?

My name is jasmine mccormick and I'm dashawn mccormick's mother! If father took him from me, got custody and wouldn't let me see him! Then he was running a scam business. You can look it up by googling floyd lee and mary transki! I have the police and FBI helping me, but floyd won't talk! I had to leave the state of Alaska for the safety of my other kids! This man is very violent and a con-artist! I haven't seen my son myself seance 2011! But Judy Holmes the mother of mary transki saw him July 2012! Floyd has someone hiding him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminemccormick View Post
    My name is jasmine mccormick and I'm dashawn mccormick's mother! If father took him from me, got custody and wouldn't let me see him! Then he was running a scam business. You can look it up by googling floyd lee and mary transki! I have the police and FBI helping me, but floyd won't talk! I had to leave the state of Alaska for the safety of my other kids! This man is very violent and a con-artist! I haven't seen my son myself seance 2011! But Judy Holmes the mother of mary transki saw him July 2012! Floyd has someone hiding him.
    Hi Jasmine! I'm so sorry that Deshawn is missing right now. Let us know what we can do to help.

Please consider becoming a verified insider for this case. Here is the information. Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-07-2015 at 12:12 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminemccormick View Post

hi jasmine sorry you have to go through this.
    does this man have any relatives in alaska??
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D0HC8RFXZVo/Sm4sWrmXXiI/AAAAAAAAAOs/fe1Urm9FPpQ/s400/mbfashion.gif

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast