AK AK - Dashawn McCormick, 5, Anchorage, 4 July 2012

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Dashawn McCormick
5309383ceb253.image.jpg

Another sad story from my home state. Sadly enough, it appears as though this poor little kid never stood a chance from reading about his home life. That's not fair to him.

Big Lake woman searches for missing child -

MAT-SU —
A Big Lake couple searching for a child missing for nearly a year have received a boost from a national agency. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has added Dashawn McCormick to its database as a missing person. The now 6-year-old boy from Anchorage has officially been missing since April 1, 2013, according to the center. Step-grandmother Judy Holmes, who lives in Big Lake with boyfriend Michael Gearing, said she hasn’t seen the boy since July 4, 2012. The child’s father and step-mother are both incarcerated, she said.

http://www.frontiersman.com/news/bi...cle_d5a2ce3e-9c26-11e3-8662-0019bb2963f4.html

Do you have a link to his story?
I wonder if he was placed in foster care after his parents were put in jail?

who had custody?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I could find so very little about Dashawn McCormick. It's a shame. As I said, this little boy didn't stand a chance.

How can a six year old vanish and not get any press at all for a year? Why aren't there any details?

How can a six year old vanish and not get any press at all for a year? Why aren't there any details?

As sad as it is and you make a great point, but having been raised there, Alaska isn't exactly a major media market to say the very least. It's no excuse and as I said it's sad, but I'm certainly not surprised. I guess that's part of what we had to deal with in living in Alaska. I would LOVE to get more information on his disappearance.

I found this from one of my contacts....
picture

IMO, if the out-of-state mother has full custody, Dashawn must have been visiting his father and stepmother at the time of his disappearance.

What was the date LE arrested the father? The stepmother? The charges?
If they were arrested together, LE would have made arrangements for Dashawn.
If the father was arrested first, the stepmother may have kept the child or handed him over to someone else before she was arrested.

It sounds like Deshawn's father had custody, because one article said his mother has "regained" custody. But now his father and step-mother are both incarcerated. He hasn't been seen since at least April 1, 2013. And it seems other family members have not seen Deshawn since July 4, 2012!

What the heck is going on here?

My name is jasmine mccormick and I'm dashawn mccormick's mother! If father took him from me, got custody and wouldn't let me see him! Then he was running a scam business. You can look it up by googling floyd lee and mary transki! I have the police and FBI helping me, but floyd won't talk! I had to leave the state of Alaska for the safety of my other kids! This man is very violent and a con-artist! I haven't seen my son myself seance 2011! But Judy Holmes the mother of mary transki saw him July 2012! Floyd has someone hiding him.

My name is jasmine mccormick and I'm dashawn mccormick's mother! If father took him from me, got custody and wouldn't let me see him! Then he was running a scam business. You can look it up by googling floyd lee and mary transki! I have the police and FBI helping me, but floyd won't talk! I had to leave the state of Alaska for the safety of my other kids! This man is very violent and a con-artist! I haven't seen my son myself seance 2011! But Judy Holmes the mother of mary transki saw him July 2012! Floyd has someone hiding him.

Hi Jasmine! I'm so sorry that Deshawn is missing right now. Let us know what we can do to help.

Please consider becoming a verified insider for this case. Here is the information. Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

hi jasmine sorry you have to go through this.
does this man have any relatives in alaska??

ah i see..
well that definitely seems like a good place to start and hopefully little dashawn will be located quickly.

I hope the police have a good database of his known associates to start searching for your son.

I think floyd is telling the FBI all these lies just to buy him self time! I'm so sick of playing his games and the FBI is letting him lead them on! I want them to take him to court and charge him! Then maybe he will spill so he don't get the charges

I'm dashawns aunt. If y'all could please share the missing poster to every social site y'all use please. We would very much like him to found and brought home we all miss him and love him very much. He has sisters and brothers that wonder where he is. Please all the help we can get is a blessing from God.

Thinking of you all jasmine and praying for Dashawn to come home safe xx

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back