Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Im not good with being able to post the view I was trying to post. If you use the map here and can move left under where 31 intersects, then you can find Peachtree Landing. From there if you zoom all the way in as far as you can go and look due north just a tiny bit you will see the pond and what looks like a quarry or sand pit. Once zoomed all the way in, use SATELLITE view to see the pond + pits.

It doesnt look like it has many houses near it at all. It looks like it would be quite desolate at night and the perfect place to hide a body. That area is just so convenient to the landing and I am sure familiar to people living close by.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?cat=Qua...Beach&state=SC

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    Im not good with being able to post the view I was trying to post. If you use the map here and can move left under where 31 intersects, then you can find Peachtree Landing. From there if you zoom all the way in as far as you can go and look due north just a tiny bit you will see the pond and what looks like a quarry or sand pit. Once zoomed all the way in, use SATELLITE view to see the pond + pits.

It doesnt look like it has many houses near it at all. It looks like it would be quite desolate at night and the perfect place to hide a body. That area is just so convenient to the landing and I am sure familiar to people living close by.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?cat=Qua...Beach&state=SC
    I think I have a better link. This should show exactly the area near the landing I was talking about. Check out the Pond and quarry type area Its the pond on the left side. There is a 2nd one too below it.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=5997+...ed=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

I have a request to make from everyone on this thread.

As many years as I have been reading here, I have seen the transition to the text/twitter world of abbreviating things for speed and space. It's never bothered me before, but for some reason it bothers me tremendously in this case.

Every time I see "HE", my mind automatically translates it into the the word 'he' and that immediately makes me think of SM. I have to do a mental check to remind myself that it means "Heather".

I think at this point, most everyone on here (I think) has come to the conclusion that Heather is no longer among us physically.

Could we please, please, in this case, for her sake and her family's, not refer to her as 'HE'?

Everyone deserves the dignity of owning their name.

Her name is HEATHER.

Could we at least give her that dignity and use it here?

JMO

Looks like the quarry areas are easily accessible. I wonder if they will test tires and the undercarriage for any dirt specific to quarry areas?

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rizzo0904 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
    Looks like the quarry areas are easily accessible. I wonder if they will test tires and the undercarriage for any dirt specific to quarry areas?
    Exactly. It is ridiculously close to the landing. Peachtree road is right below those ponds. Probably a 5 to 10 minute walk from the landing area. You could almost drag HE to that area it is so close. But vehicles could easily drive in that area too as it looks like some dirt roads all around there.
    Not many houses at all.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

And I don't see any fences either.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rizzo0904 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bamcaan View Post

As many years as I have been reading here, I have seen the transition to the text/twitter world of abbreviating things for speed and space. It's never bothered me before, but for some reason it bothers me tremendously in this case.

Every time I see "HE", my mind automatically translates it into the the word 'he' and that immediately makes me think of SM. I have to do a mental check to remind myself that it means "Heather".

I think at this point, most everyone on here (I think) has come to the conclusion that Heather is no longer among us physically.

Could we please, please, in this case, for her sake and her family's, not refer to her as 'HE'?

Her name is HEATHER.

JMO

Yes, I will do this. Heather deserves to be called by her name. Thank you for bringing this up.

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to yellowsky For This Useful Post:

Her name is HEATHER.

JMO
    Im all for that, although I dont know how you think of SM when Heather Elvis initials are used. Most of us that have been here from the very beginning of this case were forced to use peoples initials and Terry (TE) was a lot of the discussion. And we could not talk about the 2 people being arrested so they were other initials. Acronyms and initials take some getting used to.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

That's the day Amber Berbiglia was found beaten to death on the road outside of her car in Myrtle Beach.

Thank you. I feel horrible for not remembering that. I have seen her tragic murder referred to on here multiple times. Since I jumped onto Heather's thread after lurking since Brittanee's abduction (was vacationing in MB when that happened), I seem to have developed tunnel vision. Shame on me.

There are far too many missing persons from this area, which disturbs me for a number of reasons. Even one is too many.

Thanx again.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to baltolady For This Useful Post:

http://www.reunion.com/tammycaison/

I was reading TM's bio brag-athon on the reunion website. When she mentioned meeting SM in 1997, it reminded me about SM being alienated from his family around that time. I think I'm remembering correctly that she talked about this on the Disney board? I'm assuming TM was the cause of that alienation. I would be fascinated to hear what his estranged family has to say about all this, specifically their thoughts on TM and her "VERY nice home".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to primitivefuture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by baltolady View Post
    Snowyowl, great minds thing alike!

The date of the '66 days' tweet was November 5th. I haven't tried calculating exactly what date the 66th day falls on yet. As far as trying to figure out the hook-up dates, you know we only have TM's word it was only three times. Now, her word isn't worth chit; she only knows what SM told her; but, we have seen that BW stated that (as far as she knew) November saw the demise of the relationship. I don't know if I believe it was really over - as in no contact between Heather and SM. I saw that is about the time (November) that SM (or TM) started gushing on FB over his renewed appreciation of his wife. Barf

I understand the Elvis family does not believe the 66 days is significant to this case. I don't know that I agree. A few things were happening around that time. I hope it was her sister's pageant; but, I just don't think so.

The pregnancy angle has bothered me for.ever.. This would certainly have taken TM right over the edge she was leaning far over on already.

Poor Heather. It disturbs me to no end what her last hours/minutes must have been like. This is a twisted couple with a maniacal lunatic in charge.

what was 66 days backward from Nov 5th?? Looking at Heathers tweets she seems to be gushing about him as early as May (or sooner) an msm article said roomie said they hooked up-stopped for a while and seemed to be back together again. If they were together Sept/Oct & then broke up cuz ex found out maybe that caused I will find her comment and move in w/BW-
    maybe she found out she was pregnant & started talking back again? Maybe her 66 days referred to his birthday? Maybe he said he'd leave wifey then & be w/Heather? (or just a nice string her along line?)or maybe on NOV 5 Heather was preggers 66 days,?
    I would think at TM's age she's about at the end of her eggs. But I really didn't see anything more about wanting more babies & Lord knows she seemed to talk about everything else!
    Just because I act like I don't know anything doesn't mean I'm not paying attention

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowyowl For This Useful Post:

Snip

(Atty Greg)McCollum said."At this stage, I don't know what's happening for sure in the future, but I wouldn't be surprised if she(TM)or others were charged with a more serious crime."

Snip

Police did not rule out the possibility of there being more arrests in the case.

I wonder who these others may be? Just how many people are involved in this? IMO

http://m.wmbfnews.com/#!/newsDetail/24785359

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers. PROVERBS 21:15
    Just and my

23. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JaelynKL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    Im all for that, although I dont know how you think of SM when Heather Elvis initials are used. Most of us that have been here from the very beginning of this case were forced to use peoples initials and Terry (TE) was a lot of the discussion. And we could not talk about the 2 people being arrested so they were other initials. Acronyms and initials take some getting used to.
    I understand what you're saying and I have been here since the very beginning and years before that. I've only recently joined and rarely post, but, again, this case just particularly gets to me.

HE in my mind translates into the male pronoun 'he' and since the only other male of significance in this case is Sidney that's what 'HE' translates to in my mind.

I don't suspect that many people will read this post, and if they do, fewer still will change their habits, nor do I think that the use of initials will be abandoned.

I guess my point was that all people, especially victims, in all cases, deserve to own their name, especially if their initials might have another literal meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyowl View Post
    what was 66 days backward from Nov 5th?? Looking at Heathers tweets she seems to be gushing about him as early as May (or sooner) an msm article said roomie said they hooked up-stopped for a while and seemed to be back together again. If they were together Sept/Oct & then broke up cuz ex found out maybe that caused I will find her comment and move in w/BW-
    maybe she found out she was pregnant & started talking back again? Maybe her 66 days referred to his birthday? Maybe he said he'd leave wifey then & be w/Heather? (or just a nice string her along line?)or maybe on NOV 5 Heather was preggers 66 days,?
    I would think at TM's age she's about at the end of her eggs. But I really didn't see anything more about wanting more babies & Lord knows she seemed to talk about everything else!
    I know the 66 day thing was talked about a long time ago and it seems that perfume or something was another idea or thought to be the reference.
    Its hard to tell for sure because the post doesnt quite give enough to know what the reference really means.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

I understand what you're saying and I have been here since the very beginning and years before that. I've only recently joined and rarely post, but, again, this case just particularly gets to me.

HE in my mind translates into the male pronoun 'he' and since the only other male of significance in this case is Sidney that's what 'HE' translates to in my mind.

I don't suspect that many people will read this post, and if they do, fewer still will change their habits, nor do I think that the use of initials will be abandoned.

I guess my point was that all people, especially victims, in all cases, deserve to own their name, especially if their initials might have another literal meaning.
    Thanks for explaining because I missed how you were getting SM out of it.

I agree it is good to give Heather the dignitiy of using her name rather than initials. It will be a tough habit to break but Im willing to try to remember to do that. She and her family has had my thoughts and prayers for a long time now. This case is so so so sad.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hatfield For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast