Child gets stuck in "The Claw" vending machine

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
"He had climbed up the chute and into the bin and was playing with all these toys, hanging by the bar like a monkey," said Danielle Manges, his mother.

At first his mom laughed, but when Wal-Mart couldn't find a key, she called the fire department.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/4513119/detail.html

Be sure and check the pictures on this little guy

While he's definately adorable sitting in that vending machine and I'm more than happy that he didn't get hurt, it seems to me that it took more than a second or two for him to get himself in there. Where was mommie whilst this was happening?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I can't beleive this happened *again* - I remember posting last year or so about another kid who did the same thing :doh:

LOL kids!

Casshew said:
I can't beleive this happened *again* - I remember posting last year or so about another kid who did the same thing :doh:

LOL kids!

Its such a cute photograph though!!! LOL

It is a cute picture, but where was his mom while he was doing this? It had to take a few minutes....and in that time, someone could have snatched her kid and the next time she'd see him would be in at his funeral! This world is full of weirdos...I know kids can and do wander off, but this had to take a little bit of time to get inside of that machine.

Jeana (DP) said:
While he's definately adorable sitting in that vending machine and I'm more than happy that he didn't get hurt, it seems to me that it took more than a second or two for him to get himself in there. Where was mommie whilst this was happening?????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I wondered the same thing. And Mom was certainly quick to run in and get a camera to get it recorded.
But still the kid is adorable and he is safe.
This kid is destined to go somewhere in life. But the question is, where?

LOL.... I love those pictures.... I think the kid is destined to be an owner of vending machines is my guess. What a little man. :p

mysteriew said:
I wondered the same thing. And Mom was certainly quick to run in and get a camera to get it recorded.
But still the kid is adorable and he is safe.
This kid is destined to go somewhere in life. But the question is, where?
Hopefully not into a machine that will crush him while his mom stares into space!:rolleyes:

luvbeaches said:
It is a cute picture, but where was his mom while he was doing this? It had to take a few minutes....and in that time, someone could have snatched her kid and the next time she'd see him would be in at his funeral! This world is full of weirdos...I know kids can and do wander off, but this had to take a little bit of time to get inside of that machine.
I can't help but wonder if she didn't watch him do it? In article it says:

James' mother tried to get a toy out of the machine. But when the toy didn't come out, James apparently decided to go in."
If in fact she let him try to climb in there because she didn't get the toy with the claw she is just as stupid!!!

He is a cute kid though

My BIL is a master of these claw games...little kids stand around and watch him in awe...he always gives the toys away to the kids when they are watching him :p

This is near where I live, so it was big news here.

What I find weird was that it was like 3:30 in the morning. I understand that kids sometimes don't sleep, but I would stick to low-key stuff in an attempt to make him sleepy. Music, books, movies that he's seen a hundred times. It would never occur to me to go shopping.

The whole thing seems really puzzling to me. I can't help but wonder if there were other reasons they were out in the middle of the night. Like a drug deal, or an affair or something. That could explain why she wasn't paying full attention.

lady-eowyn said:
I can't help but wonder if she didn't watch him do it? In article it says:

If in fact she let him try to climb in there because she didn't get the toy with the claw she is just as stupid!!!

I missed that part! I'll bet she did.

sadiesue said:
What I find weird was that it was like 3:30 in the morning.

Now that is weird. You have to wonder what someone was doing out and about with a child that age (at that time in morning).

"At first, Manges thought it was funny: "He was playing with all the toys and hanging from the bar like a monkey."

She even bought a disposable camera to take pictures, as other shoppers did"

so does that mean she went back INSIDE the store while her son was Inside the machine???

that's really CRAZY

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/21/boy.machine.ap/index.html

Did anyone else see them on the Today show this morning?

They were out in the plaza with one of those claw machines, Matt, Katie, the little boy, his pregnant mom and a silent man I assume was the dad.

The mom said the boy got angry at not winning and threw his sippy cup. It was during the ? seconds it took for her to turn and get it that he got inside the machine.

They seemed fairly normal, but the middle of the night shopping is still weird, IMO.

The best part, though, was while the adults talked, the little boy won one small and one large bear in that claw machine. The kid was over the moon, especially when Matt said "you're da man! High five!"

He finally got his toy, and a trip to NYC! Lucky little cutie!

I wonder how long it takes for this to happen again and Walmart to get sued.

1986 said:
I wonder how long it takes for this to happen again and Walmart to get sued.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :waitasec:
my daughter probably Is small enough to fit...

and I do need a new car.. and I do have TWO tutition bills to pay...

very very tempting

;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSuth07