Was there any TV or radio on?

Nehemiah

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Perfect Murder, Perfect TownPage 55-56

Several hours before the Ramseys left for Atlanta that Sunday, Detective Linda Arndt sent a fax to Bryan Morgan, the Ramsey's newly hired criminal attorney. It was two pages long:

"I realize the Ramsey family will be out of the state for an unknown amount of time after this afternoon. If it is possible, would you meet with John Ramsey, Patsy Ramsey, and Burke Ramsey and see if (the police) could get answers to any of these questions. I appreciate your assistance. I am available through dispatch at the above pager number.

Det. Linda Arndt

Question: Jonbenét's immediate family
John, Patsy, and Burke Ramsey

What time did each of you go to your bedroom?
What time did each of you go to sleep?
Was your bedroom door open or closed?
Was there any TV or radio on when you went to bed?
What had JonBenét eaten before she went to bed?
Where, specifically, was the ransom note found?
What did Patsy do after she found the ransom note?
Who was the first person Patsy contacted after the note was found?
How did John find out that JonBenét was missing?
What interior house lights were on when the family went to bed?
What exterior lights were on when the family went to bed?
Who checked the doors and windows of the house to see if they were secure?
What was JonBenét wearing when she went to bed on Christmas night?
What time was the family planning on leaving the home on the morning of December 26th, 1996?
What time did each of you wake up on the morning of December 26th, 1996?
Did any of you get up during the night?"

The Ramseys were later questioned about JB's TV...if she watched it at night when she went to bed, etc... I don't have the specific quote before me, but I know this was asked more than once to more than one.

Do we know the status of the TV, radio, etc..on Christmas night? Was either found to be playing when the BPD arrived on the scene, or just why was this questioned? It's easy now that we know much of the evidence to look at many of the questions that Arndt faxed and realize why she was asking them of the Ramseys. But why the one about the radio/TV?

Nehemiah said:
Perfect Murder, Perfect TownPage 55-56

Several hours before the Ramseys left for Atlanta that Sunday, Detective Linda Arndt sent a fax to Bryan Morgan, the Ramsey's newly hired criminal attorney. It was two pages long:

"I realize the Ramsey family will be out of the state for an unknown amount of time after this afternoon. If it is possible, would you meet with John Ramsey, Patsy Ramsey, and Burke Ramsey and see if (the police) could get answers to any of these questions. I appreciate your assistance. I am available through dispatch at the above pager number.

Det. Linda Arndt

Question: Jonbenét's immediate family
John, Patsy, and Burke Ramsey

What time did each of you go to your bedroom?
What time did each of you go to sleep?
Was your bedroom door open or closed?
Was there any TV or radio on when you went to bed?
What had JonBenét eaten before she went to bed?
Where, specifically, was the ransom note found?
What did Patsy do after she found the ransom note?
Who was the first person Patsy contacted after the note was found?
How did John find out that JonBenét was missing?
What interior house lights were on when the family went to bed?
What exterior lights were on when the family went to bed?
Who checked the doors and windows of the house to see if they were secure?
What was JonBenét wearing when she went to bed on Christmas night?
What time was the family planning on leaving the home on the morning of December 26th, 1996?
What time did each of you wake up on the morning of December 26th, 1996?
Did any of you get up during the night?"

The Ramseys were later questioned about JB's TV...if she watched it at night when she went to bed, etc... I don't have the specific quote before me, but I know this was asked more than once to more than one.

Do we know the status of the TV, radio, etc..on Christmas night? Was either found to be playing when the BPD arrived on the scene, or just why was this questioned? It's easy now that we know much of the evidence to look at many of the questions that Arndt faxed and realize why she was asking them of the Ramseys. But why the one about the radio/TV?

Good catch! I wonder why she would have them ask that!

In one of the crimescene photos taken early that morning there was a shot of JonBenet's open closet. A TV was in the closet. It was hard to be certain, but it appeared that the TV was on.

BlueCrab said:
In one of the crimescene photos taken early that morning there was a shot of JonBenet's open closet. A TV was in the closet. It was hard to be certain, but it appeared that the TV was on.

BC,
That REALLY creeps me out!!!!!!
I seriously got a case of the shivers.

Whats your opinion of the TV ,in the closet,being on??

messiecake said:
BC,
That REALLY creeps me out!!!!!!
I seriously got a case of the shivers.

Whats your opinion of the TV ,in the closet,being on??

messiecake,

Why does it creep you out? As I remember the photo, the TV was sitting on a small chest of drawers in the closet, and it was probably the TV's permanent location because it could likely be viewed while in bed. However, it's been several years since I saw that photo.

If the TV was turned on it seems as though JonBenet was probably up watching it before going downstairs to snack on the pineapple.

BlueCrab said:
messiecake,

Why does it creep you out? As I remember the photo, the TV was sitting on a small chest of drawers in the closet, and it was probably the TV's permanent location because it could likely be viewed while in bed. However, it's been several years since I saw that photo.

If the TV was turned on it seems as though JonBenet was probably up watching it before going downstairs to snack on the pineapple.

I think the TV simply has reflections from various lights of the lamp and the photographer's flash.

closet.jpg

why_nutt said:
I think the TV simply has reflections from various lights of the lamp and the photographer's flash.

closet.jpg

Thanks why_nutt for the picture.

I don't remember ever seeing a picture of the tv before and was looking all over it ... and viola there it is! What source is this picture from?

You are right ... the tv is off.

It was creepy because I imagined the tv on the floor of the closet!!!!

Like she was in the closet with the doors shut and the TV on........THAT image bugged me.

The TV on a shelf is fine.

The photo is a crime scene pic in the NE book "The Police Files". The TV does not appear to be on, and that's why I wonder why the BPD questioned about the TV. Arndt faxed her questions that Sunday, and four months later when the BPD were finally able to question the Rs, they were questioned again about the TV. Interestingly, in the crime scene photo, the captions reads about JB's pageant dresses; however, with the Rs being questioned about the television, I think the captured photo should have read about the TV.

The Rs were also questioned many times about the lighting in various rooms of the house. I tend to believe that they were asked about the TV being on, because of some type lighting that may have been seen by a neighbor, or because a neighbor may have reported seeing the light from the TV in JB's room later than when the Rs claim she went to bed (and sound asleep, I might add).

There's just something to all that questioning about the TV. It's not in those interviews repeatedly for no reason at all.

I also think her bedroom has some key evidence and elements that we are overlooking in trying to solve the case.

Nehemiah said:
I also think her bedroom has some key evidence and elements that we are overlooking in trying to solve the case.
Or that we don't know about!

Maybe when the LE processed the crime scene, they noted the channel the TV was set at -- thus the last station JB watched. From that they could try to id the last show/time JB watched. The question to the family would help them to narrow it down. Of course, with the size and layout of the house, JB could watch TV in her room without her parents ever knowing it.

Nehemiah said:
There's just something to all that questioning about the TV. It's not in those interviews repeatedly for no reason at all.

I would go along with that, its possible if the tv was on it was used to suppress noise or maybe there may have been a program on that included a "scream" so some questions may be there for exclusion purposes.

I believe there are hair ties astrew in the bedroom, and she was found downstairs in the wine-cellar with hair-ties and ponytails in an unusual orientation, so unless someone was running upstairs and back down, I think some staging or redressing took place in her bedroom.

The person(s) who took part in Jonbenet's staging were not complete strangers this can be inferred from elements from their staged victimology: [font=&quot]Jewelry, Nightgown, Hairstyle etc.

[/font]

UKGuy said:
I believe there are hair ties astrew in the bedroom, and she was found downstairs in the wine-cellar with hair-ties and ponytails in an unusual orientation, so unless someone was running upstairs and back down, I think some staging or redressing took place in her bedroom.

I think the hair ties are very important evidence, along with the three ponytails. That in itself may be why the Christmas night pictures have never been released for public viewing. Plus, JB had blue hair bands in her hair when she was found, and we have read from the police interviews that she was not wearing blue at the White's party. No good Southern mom would use blue hair ties when her child was wearing another color outfit. My goodness!

Jayelles, I think you're right; there is evidence that has not been made public and I really believe that bedroom evidence is some of it.

Why would they ask if the parent's bedroom door was open? Their bedroom had no door.

Rainsong

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10