987 users online (172 members and 815 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015

    TN - Gatlinburg, WhtFem UP1589, 30-45, under OberGatlinburg tramway, Dec'74

    White female found beneath the tramway in Gatlinburg TN, (Now known as OberGatlinburg) Dec 22, 1974.

    She appears to have been sitting on her coat and just died.


    http://www.canyouidentifyme.org/Sevi...oeDecember1974

    http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news50.html
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-27-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    northern VA, USA
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post

    She appears to have been sitting on her coat and just died.
    By this you mean "she just up and died while sitting on her coat" or "when they found it appeared that she had just/recently died"?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    By this you mean "she just up and died while sitting on her coat" or "when they found it appeared that she had just/recently died"?
    From http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/Ma...named/?print=1


    "Under the tramway She may have walked out beneath Gatlinburg's Aerial Tramway, taken a seat beneath a tree and passed out. About a month later her decomposing body was found by someone taking a shortcut to a Cove Mountain chalet."


    From http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news50.html

    "She was wearing short brown men's socks and no shoes. Her coat and sweater were folded neatly beside her where she had been sitting on them. She was wearing a white button-down Sweettree sweater, a size 36A bra, a dark blue coat, extra-large dark blue knit Mayer-Land-Marquis pants and a white short-sleeved shirt with a floral design of yellow flowers. "
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    I have submitted Connie Converse as a match for this UID. In Aug of 1974 she wrote goodbye letters to her friends and family, packed up her VW beetle and left never to be seen again. She was 5'7" and weighed 165 lbs. She was 50 years of age and had brown hair. She is not on NamUs, although her only living brother is being contacted to submit a DNA sample.

    MI Elizabeth Eaton “Connie” Converse, Aug 1974, Singer, Songwriter - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 01:06 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Foothills of SC
    Posts
    2,598
    These are hard because her car may have been towed or she left her stuff in a rental and after all this time, nobody would have that info. That is a beautiful and peaceful place. I wonder if she had a terminal disease or took some pills. That makes me sad.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    743
    I think of this lady every time I ride the tram in Gatlinburg (I live in East TN). It's a huge tourist area, very popular. She could have been from most anywhere, or may have taken a detour on the way to her planned destination just to see the area. Also I have wondered if maybe she had a medical condition and was attempting to walk to the top. She may have felt unwell, sat down, and had a heart attack or some other medical emergency.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,167
    Here's her Namus page. Four ruleouts so far:

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1589

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    I think of this lady every time I ride the tram in Gatlinburg (I live in East TN). It's a huge tourist area, very popular. She could have been from most anywhere, or may have taken a detour on the way to her planned destination just to see the area. Also I have wondered if maybe she had a medical condition and was attempting to walk to the top. She may have felt unwell, sat down, and had a heart attack or some other medical emergency.
    Connie had a non malignant fibroid tumor of the uterus that may have caused bleeding and anemia.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    253
    If that body was there six months to a year, as one of the links says, it does not fit the timeline for Connie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    I think of this lady every time I ride the tram in Gatlinburg (I live in East TN). It's a huge tourist area, very popular. She could have been from most anywhere, or may have taken a detour on the way to her planned destination just to see the area. Also I have wondered if maybe she had a medical condition and was attempting to walk to the top. She may have felt unwell, sat down, and had a heart attack or some other medical emergency.
    dogperson,

    I briefly wondered if she could have been a hiker from the Trail. But with a purse or pack and without shoes, there's no way to know. But with the pantyhose under the pants, I did think she might be living rough, because I don't recall from my Gatlinburg adventures it being that cold if you were just about town.

    I haven't taken the tram yet, but spend a lot of time in Gatlinburg, my next trip down, I will, and I will think of "Gatlinburg Gal"

    I find it so hard to believe she could have sat beneath the OberGatlinburg tramway for all that time and not been found if she died in the summer, I'm thinking it had to have been October or so, especially given her clothing.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveFelines View Post
    Here's her Namus page. Four ruleouts so far:

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1589
    Thanks! Can anyone pop her picture in the thread, I haven't figured out how to do that.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    El Segundo, California
    Posts
    7,859
    Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    Thanks! Can anyone pop her picture in the thread, I haven't figured out how to do that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by necco View Post
    dogperson,

    I briefly wondered if she could have been a hiker from the Trail. But with a purse or pack and without shoes, there's no way to know. But with the pantyhose under the pants, I did think she might be living rough, because I don't recall from my Gatlinburg adventures it being that cold if you were just about town.

    I haven't taken the tram yet, but spend a lot of time in Gatlinburg, my next trip down, I will, and I will think of "Gatlinburg Gal"

    I find it so hard to believe she could have sat beneath the OberGatlinburg tramway for all that time and not been found if she died in the summer, I'm thinking it had to have been October or so, especially given her clothing.
    I like the nickname "Gatlinburg Gal"
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    I like the nickname "Gatlinburg Gal"
    I can't stand calling unidentified people Jane and John Doe. Nicknames, to me, give them a bit of their individuality back.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonymph View Post
    If that body was there six months to a year, as one of the links says, it does not fit the timeline for Connie.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's no way in my opinion she could have been there that long. Gatlinburg gets HOT in the summer and she was (I hate saying it this way) intact enough that they could tell she didn't shave her legs.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. PA PA - Uniontown, WhtFem UP16509, 30-45, in big rig accident, May'86
    By CarlK90245 in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 07-05-2017, 12:30 PM
  2. TN TN - Rebecca Johnson, 45, Gatlinburg, 15 May 2016
    By JaelynKL in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2016, 08:23 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-13-2016, 06:31 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 06:49 AM

Tags for this Thread