690 users online (89 members and 601 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Robert Davis, 93, San Rafael, 26 Feb 2014

Robert Davis

Police Searching for Missing Elderly Man -

Robert Davis, age 93, was last seen at 8 p.m. on Wednesday evening as he left Marin Joe’s restaurant in Corte Madera after his weekly dinner with his daughter. He got in his car and turned left out of the parking lot, presumably heading to the overpass to take Highway 101 north to his home in Terra Linda. Robert did not return home and has not been seen or heard from since. This is completely out of character for him. It was raining heavily when he left the restaurant and he may have gotten lost.
    - See more at: http://www.srpd.org/press/full.php?i....RnJLpd8s.dpuf
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Something just makes me want to hug this man.

Aww how sad. Right in my backyard too. I don't think this will end well, it was pouring like mad last night.

Prayers for him and his loved ones.

Oh, gosh, my sister lives in Terra Linda and heard about this from her next-door neighbor earlier today. And the weather was raining and wet last night.

This is so sad.

Hope he's OK somewhere. ..

Longer article about the circumstances and interview with family:
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/local/...driving/nd4z4/

Hoping he is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Police: San Rafael man still missing five days after initial disappearance

I still believe that he'll be found safe. You don't live 93 years on this earth without being one tough cookie.

Police: San Rafael man still missing five days after initial disappearance -

There's still no trace of a 93-year-old San Rafael man who went missing last week after failing to return home from dining out, San Rafael police said Monday. Robert Davis was last seen at 8 p.m. Wednesday driving away from Marin Joe's restaurant in Corte Madera, and heading toward the overpass leading to the Highway 101 northbound on-ramp. Witnesses do not know if he got on the freeway.
    http://www.marinij.com/marinnews/ci_...sing-five-days
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

I wonder if they've searched eastbound. Once you get on freeway to head north, it automatically turns into the exit/entrance to the San Rafael bridge (unless you move over) which bypasses san Quentin btw. It's straight freeway to his home exit so maybe he headed another direction. I can't think of a place he may have had an accident without being seen. This is a heavily traveled area. Hope for his safe return. The father/daughter lunch at this place is something I'm also familiar with and it saddens me for his family.

He has such a sweet face. Hoping for the best for him.

93-year-old Marin County man missing for over a week

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=9459567

Saturday, March 08, 2014

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (KGO) -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a Marin County man missing for more than a week.

Outside agencies aid county in search of missing man

Outside agencies aid county in search of missing man -

A helicopter flight crew from the Oakland Police Department has logged approximately four hours in the air searching parts of Marin County on two separate occasions for a 93-year-old Terra Linda man, missing in Marin County for nearly two weeks.
    Argus 1, one of two high-tech helicopters used to patrol the streets of Oakland, spent three hours last Friday and one hour Monday, March 10 searching roadways and waterways in Marin, looking for Robert Leslie Davis, who was last seen leaving Marin Joe’s restaurant in Corte Madera about 8 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 26.
    http://www.marinscope.com/news_point...a4bcf887a.html

Hi!

I'm local to the area and feel so bad for Mr. Davis and his family. Being gone this long, especially at his age, just can't be good. I'm thinking through the drive from Corte Madera Joe's to Villa Marin and though there's a small bridge (the base of which tends to flood when it rains) that he would have had to cross, it would have been difficult to go off the side without anyone noticing or at least seeing the car in the fairly shallow water below. There are also some hills, where he conceivably could have gone off the road, but he would have fallen into populated areas below and would have been found.

Some of the areas they mentioned they've searched (Lucas Valley Road, Nicasio) are remote and not really on the way anywhere. They're also curvy roads which wouldn't easily be mistaken for a "normal" road even in darkness and rain, so I don't think Mr. Davis would have taken one of those unless he was pretty severely confused.

How agonizing for his family! It sounds like they're out looking as best they can. My heart goes out to them.

What a sad case. Praying for Mr. Davis' return soon.

Bumping. I've reached out to Marin IJ to see if there's an update. Hope to hear back soon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast