758 users online (95 members and 663 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Socastee, SC
    Posts
    1,949

    SC - Briana Nicole Rabon, 18, Elgin, 27 Feb 2014

    ELGIN, SC (WIS) - Authorities in Kershaw County have released the identity of a woman found dead on a dirt road in Elgin.

    Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews confirms the victim is 18-year-old Briana Nicole Rabon. The sheriff said the 2013 Lugoff-Elgin High School graduate would have been 19 next month.

    Investigators said they found Rabon's car several miles away at a Waffle House on Highway 601 in Camden.

    Deputies said they don't know how she got there but know a man was with Rabon Tuesday night. They are currently looking for him.


    Mother pleads for help to catch daughter's killer

    Friends Hope for Swift Justice in Murder of Elgin Teen


    If you know anything about the death of Briana Rabon, you are urged to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.





    Briana's Twitter

    Briana's Facebook Page
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 02-28-2014 at 10:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Socastee, SC
    Posts
    1,949
    So sad. RIP Briana!

    I believe LE is on the trail though of the perps who did this.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    This is horrible. My husband's college roommate is from Camden. Poor girl. I hope the truth comes out.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

  4. #4
    TigerBalm's Avatar
    TigerBalm is offline Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose lives were taken too soon!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,189
    Very sad, hopeful LE can locate the male she was with Tues night and get some answers.
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. ~ Maya Angelou

  5. #5
    What a beautiful young girl. Gone much too soon.

    RIP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Girl View Post
    What a beautiful young girl. Gone much too soon.

    RIP
    I feel the same way.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    561
    She's beautiful! So sad.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Socastee, SC
    Posts
    1,949
    I thought for sure LE would have the POI by the time I woke up this morning. Hoping today they will find him!

    Coroner Johnny Fellers says Briana Nicole Rabon died as a result of strangulation.

    Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews said they are now seeking a person of interest in connection with the homicide case.
    Coroner releases cause of death in 18-year-old's murder

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,429
    "Coroner Johnny Fellers says Briana Nicole Rabon died as a result of strangulation."

    http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/248...man-found-dead


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,429
    More from the article:

    "We have a good deal of evidence that was collected by SLED. We have some DNA evidence, we have some prints. We have other kinds of evidence I really can't go into right now."

    "There's no real indication that who she was with is responsible for this, but it is certainly somebody we want to talk to," Matthews said. "We are gathering a lot of evidence and I can't ever say with 100 percent certainty, but I feel pretty confident that we'll have a real strong person of interest soon in this case."

    Very sad a classmate found her body.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,320
    Which TK did she work a at...?
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Socastee, SC
    Posts
    1,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Just K View Post
    Which TK did she work a at...?
    Haven't even verified for sure yet.

    I am assuming the one in Columbia, SC.

    The Tilted Kilt - Columbia, SC

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterThomasFan View Post
    Haven't even verified for sure yet.

    I am assuming the one in Columbia, SC.

    The Tilted Kilt - Columbia, SC
    Like u I'm really starting to dislike TK. Never been to one n don't plan on going to one.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterThomasFan View Post
    ELGIN, SC (WIS) - Authorities in Kershaw County have released the identity of a woman found dead on a dirt road in Elgin.

    Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews confirms the victim is 18-year-old Briana Nicole Rabon. The sheriff said the 2013 Lugoff-Elgin High School graduate would have been 19 next month.

    Investigators said they found Rabon's car several miles away at a Waffle House on Highway 601 in Camden.

    Deputies said they don't know how she got there but know a man was with Rabon Tuesday night. They are currently looking for him.


    Mother pleads for help to catch daughter's killer

    Friends Hope for Swift Justice in Murder of Elgin Teen


    If you know anything about the death of Briana Rabon, you are urged to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.





    Briana's Twitter

    Briana's Facebook Page

    Interesting Twitter conversation Feb 25.

    fwiw
    fran

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    37,777
    If this man is not guilty, why can't LE find him, I wonder?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast