GUILTY SC - Briana Nicole Rabon, 18, Elgin, 27 Feb 2014

PeterThomasFan

Reaction score
ELGIN, SC (WIS) - Authorities in Kershaw County have released the identity of a woman found dead on a dirt road in Elgin.

Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews confirms the victim is 18-year-old Briana Nicole Rabon. The sheriff said the 2013 Lugoff-Elgin High School graduate would have been 19 next month.

Investigators said they found Rabon's car several miles away at a Waffle House on Highway 601 in Camden.

Deputies said they don't know how she got there but know a man was with Rabon Tuesday night. They are currently looking for him.

Mother pleads for help to catch daughter's killer

Friends Hope for Swift Justice in Murder of Elgin Teen

If you know anything about the death of Briana Rabon, you are urged to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.

ojmrrs.jpg

Briana's Twitter

Briana's Facebook Page

So sad. RIP Briana!

I believe LE is on the trail though of the perps who did this.

This is horrible. My husband's college roommate is from Camden. Poor girl. I hope the truth comes out.

Very sad, hopeful LE can locate the male she was with Tues night and get some answers.

She's beautiful! So sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More from the article:

"We have a good deal of evidence that was collected by SLED. We have some DNA evidence, we have some prints. We have other kinds of evidence I really can't go into right now."

"There's no real indication that who she was with is responsible for this, but it is certainly somebody we want to talk to," Matthews said. "We are gathering a lot of evidence and I can't ever say with 100 percent certainty, but I feel pretty confident that we'll have a real strong person of interest soon in this case."

Very sad a classmate found her body.

ELGIN, SC (WIS) - Authorities in Kershaw County have released the identity of a woman found dead on a dirt road in Elgin.

Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews confirms the victim is 18-year-old Briana Nicole Rabon. The sheriff said the 2013 Lugoff-Elgin High School graduate would have been 19 next month.

Investigators said they found Rabon's car several miles away at a Waffle House on Highway 601 in Camden.

Deputies said they don't know how she got there but know a man was with Rabon Tuesday night. They are currently looking for him.

Mother pleads for help to catch daughter's killer

Friends Hope for Swift Justice in Murder of Elgin Teen

If you know anything about the death of Briana Rabon, you are urged to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.

ojmrrs.jpg

Briana's Twitter

Briana's Facebook Page

Interesting Twitter conversation Feb 25.

fwiw
fran

If this man is not guilty, why can't LE find him, I wonder?

I have been following the Heather Elvis case from day one. It's so sad it just makes you want to scream.

I live down the road from where Heather's car was found and where LE is now saying the murder occurred. I'm not 100% convinced yet but, then again, I don't know what evidence was found to confirm or deny.

Feeling helpless to find Heather, I took to the computer and found several things that I thought would be helpful to the initial investigation and reported them to LE.

When I saw the news yesterday about Briana, it brought back the same sadness and helplessness I felt when Heather went missing.

I'm not even sure to what capacity I can help with this case? I'm just glad that LE is on track with a POI and have DNA evidence to lock-up whoever did this for good!

The death of a recent Lugoff-Elgin High School graduate whose body was found on a dirt road near Elgin is being treated as a homicide.

Death of Lugoff teen found on dirt road ruled homicide

Matthews asked anyone with any information about the crime or anyone who saw Rabon Tuesday to contact KCSO at (803) 425-1512 and ask for Lt. Steve Knafelc. The identity of those giving information will be kept confidential.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back