943 users online (162 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OR - Living skeleton, mother charged

A Hillsboro mother is facing charges that she starved her 3-year-old, to the point where police called the 17-pound child a "living skeleton."

http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/st...299627bf6.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

So so sad. They need to starve her now for what she did.

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    OMG!

... he could not walk or talk, and raw sores from an untreated diaper rash went down his legs and up his back...

The child's arms and legs were contorted from being cooped up in his crib, and he wouldn't stop crying.

His weight was about two pounds less than his medical records show he wieghed at six months...

Aren't we all so sick of this? I feel absolutely helpless. I don't know what to say; I don't know what to do. I just want it to stop.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    OMG!

... he could not walk or talk, and raw sores from an untreated diaper rash went down his legs and up his back...

The child's arms and legs were contorted from being cooped up in his crib, and he wouldn't stop crying.

His weight was about two pounds less than his medical records show he wieghed at six months...

Aren't we all so sick of this? I feel absolutely helpless. I don't know what to say; I don't know what to do. I just want it to stop.
    Hang in there JG. I had been feeling that way the last few weeks. Then I found some articles where the victims are fighting back, and winning. That helped.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

"Deanne Jenifer Krueger was arraigned on assault and criminal mistreatment charges. She was arrested released from the Washington County Jail on bail of $290,000."

There needs to be something else to charge a monster like this with....something more than assault.
    When it comes to this kind of thing I just don't think our laws have kept up with the type of crimes against innocent..helpless children that are happening everyday. It's so frustrating.

Sudzi

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzi
    There needs to be something else to charge a monster like this with....something more than assault.
    I agree 100%. It's only by the grace of God that this child didn't die before now. And who knows how much damage his body may have suffered from lack of food? There should be some charge similar to attempted murder. How about attermpted manslaughter? Is that an actual charge in every state or is it something that's recently being added to the books?

Mahatma Gandhi

OMG!

I completely agree with you. I don't understand how this went on for so long!!!!! When my children were young, I couldn't handle them crying at all. I don't believe in "allowing them to cry" for any reason. I've always been of the opinion that if they were crying, it was for a reason~!!~ Did she just leave? Did she just sit there and listen to the crying all day and night? Didn't anyone else hear it??? WTF~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes I really have no words....
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

I think people need to quit minding their own freaking business and GET INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why this "neighbor" wait so freaking long before she called 911?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I completely agree with you. I don't understand how this went on for so long!!!!!
    And how in the h*ll could he be contorted from being in his crib? How small was the crib??? Obviously he shouldn't have been left in there for long periods anyway but I don't understand how he could've been contorted.

Almost as sad as the suffering that he's endured is the fact that his developmental delays might be significant. After a certain point, a child that is that delayed might struggle just to reach an average potential. So it's possible that his suffering/struggling doesn't even end here.

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Hang in there JG. I had been feeling that way the last few weeks. Then I found some articles where the victims are fighting back, and winning. That helped.
    Thanks, mysteriew. I'm going to have to look for some of those articles because I'm really feeling out of sorts the past week with these kinds of stories. Luckily, I realize that we can't take ourselves out of the equation because of the sadness because the more of us that do that, the worse it becomes for these kids. I just HATE, HATE, HATE reading it so much lately. I guess I'm just in a bit of a rut; I'm sure that it'll pass. I welcome any links that you feel like sending that might help me see the other side. I could certainly use something uplifting.

Mahatma Gandhi

OMG!

I feel the same way - have tears streaming down my cheeks. Poor little boy. Breaks my heart....

I think people need to quit minding their own freaking business and GET INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why this "neighbor" wait so freaking long before she called 911?????
    I can only allow myself to assume that perhaps the neighbor didn't know, and then called as soon as she realized. I know that some of the most despicable people often find ways of hiding these types of atrocities. I have a feeling that this child would have died fairly soon had this neighbor not called when s/he did. I wish it had been discovered sooner but thank God this little one was at least found before he was dead, unlike so many others we've been hearing about.

Mahatma Gandhi

I can only allow myself to assume that perhaps the neighbor didn't know, and then called as soon as she realized. I know that some of the most despicable people often find ways of hiding these types of atrocities. I have a feeling that this child would have died fairly soon had this neighbor not called when s/he did. I wish it had been discovered sooner but thank God this little one was at least found before he was dead, unlike so many others we've been hearing about.

You may be right. I've lived through three kids going through the "diaper" period and they never had much rash at all, but when they did, I heard about it. I just can't imagine this baby not crying 24/7. I just pray that his mother gets locked up.

I just pray that his mother gets locked up.
    Jeana, is there such a thing as attempted manslaughter in every state? Can't this mother be charged with more? The charges seem pretty light to me considering the suffering of this child. Unless LE knows something about the mother's own mental state that they believe would prevent a jury from convicting her for anything that would carry a huge amount of time.(?)

Mahatma Gandhi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast