1126 users online (232 members and 894 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MA - Rebecca Streeter, 35, Greenfield, 25 Feb 2014

Rebecca Streeter

Greenfield Police Ask for Public’s Help to Locate Missing Woman -

GREENFIELD, Mass. (wggb) –
    Greenfield Police are looking for the public’s help in locating Rebecca Streeter who’s been missing since Tuesday. A Greenfield resident, Rebecca is described as a 35 year old female, approximately 5’4″.
    According to Greenfield Police Sergeant Todd Dodge, it is believed that Rebecca left her home on her own late Tuesday night leaving her wallet, car keys, car and other belongings behind.
    http://www.wggb.com/2014/03/01/green...missing-woman/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Helpful

It would be helpful if we knew what the tragic circumstances were in Rebecca's sisters death.
    Also what personal items she left in her home,

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hearth View Post
    It would be helpful if we knew what the tragic circumstances were in Rebecca's sisters death.
    Perhaps the "other belongings" are items she would normally have with her when leaving home (such as medications?), however, the wallet, car keys, and car are enough to make this very suspicious. Did someone pick her up? Is there any sign of foul play inside her home? Is there anything on her cell phone to indicate who she may have gone with or is her cell phone missing also?

Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

I saw on her FB, on 2/16, somebody asked her if she was back in town and asked how her sister was.

Noodling around on Facebook, it appears her sister died unexpectedly in her mid-20's and left behind two small children. The autopsy revealed signs of Leukemia although apparently it was not diagnosed before her death.

Sad.

From what I can work out, she had leukemia and died about 10 days before Rebecca went missing. It sounds as if it was so quick the diagnosis may have come after she passed.
    Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Reading through Rebecca's facebook page, it seems her sister's sudden death was basically the straw that broke the camel's back. She seems very emotionally vulnerable and depressed, to me, before the sad shock of her sister's passing.

I haven't see a Police update today. Yesterday the Greenfield Police stated they had the search dogs But... the dogs could not get her scent. Knowing that is seems like she would have left in a car.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Friends & family search for missing woman

Friends & family search for missing woman -

Help find Rebecca Streeter YouTube Video

GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) –
    A Franklin County family is asking for the public’s help in finding a loved one who hasn’t been seen since last week. Rebecca Streeter, or “Becky” as she’s known by her friends and family, was last seen Tuesday, February 25th, and since her disappearance, her family has been spreading the word. A Facebook page was created for friends and family to express their concerns and to share their memories of Rebecca. A YouTube video was also posted of her friends searching for her and begging for her return.
    http://wwlp.com/2014/03/04/friends-f...missing-woman/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    This FB page has been dismantled...https://www.facebook.com/groups/bringrebeccahome

But, I was able to find one that is active...

https://www.facebook.com/rebeccastreeter

A search is planned for this Sunday, 3/16/14. I hope they find her and that she is safe.
    Last edited by MamaJoJo; 03-12-2014 at 10:05 AM. Reason: added working FB link

Thanks los for starting this thread. I've just seen this on FB.

What a mess it is, and how heartbreaking it is for the parents to possibly lose another child, so soon after the sudden and unexpected death of Rebeccas sister.

My heart bleeds for this family. I find myself in similar circumstances at the moment (my twin sister's cancer has returned - diagnosed this week) and the pain of it all is just utterly crippling. My sister and I are only 31. It appears Rebecca may have also (like me) been depressed prior to the events leading to her disappearance. I understand how Rebecca must have felt and my heart bleeds for her. Terrible and tragic for everyone. This poor, poor family.
    You cannot unsee what has been seen,
    You cannot unhear what has been heard

Elisaa444 is offline "Respect is for those who deserve it, not for those that demand it."
    Quote Originally Posted by madamehdivision View Post

What a mess it is, and how heartbreaking it is for the parents to possibly lose another child, so soon after the sudden and unexpected death of Rebeccas sister.

My heart bleeds for this family. I find myself in similar circumstances at the moment (my twin sister's cancer has returned - diagnosed this week) and the pain of it all is just utterly crippling. My sister and I are only 31. It appears Rebecca may have also (like me) been depressed prior to the events leading to her disappearance. I understand how Rebecca must have felt and my heart bleeds for her. Terrible and tragic for everyone. This poor, poor family.

Hugs to you Madamehdivison. My prayers are with you and your sister. I pray you can stay strong for yourself and for your sister as well as recovery for your sister. Prayers also to Rebecca and her family. I hope Rebecca is found soon and safe.
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Quote Originally Posted by madamehdivision View Post

Prayers are with you and your sister, Madame.

http://www.recorder.com/home/1114574...treeter-sunday

As MamaJoJo noted in a previous post, a search will be conducted tomorrow for Rebecca. This news article mentioned that the police are not involved in the search but will do water searches once they are able to get boats into the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast