909 users online (121 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Canada - Jeffrey Boucher, 52, Whitby ON, 13 Jan 2014 - #4

Jeffrey Boucher

Jeffrey Boucher is a 52 year old teacher at Bowmanville High School and an avid runner who has gone missing. He was last seen on Monday morning January, 13th, 2014 to go on a run. He never returned home. Normally, Boucher's daily runs go on for about 10 kilometers (6.2 miles), but he does not keep to the same route. When he failed to return home, his wife contacted authorities, and a search was then ensued. Boucher is a white male, 6', he weighs 180 lbs, he has graying brown hair with brown eyes.

Please contact the Durham regional police at 1-888-579-1520.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/01/13/po...ng-whitby-man/

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Verified insider: Mommybear
    Last edited by KateB; 04-18-2015 at 10:22 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 01:14 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Please continue here...

Quote Originally Posted by mommybear View Post
    I joined this forum on the day LE had a 'closing interview' with me, when they basically 'shelved' the investigation. During that interview they talked quite a bit about the suicide angle, so much so that I thought to myself "I shouldn't really close my mind off to this possibility". One of my goals of joining this forum was to open my mind and investigate this angle some more.
    So what bothers me is things like "the money that he didn't tell me about", and what I feel is "excessive running", and although I will still say that JB is so level headed that he would never consider suicide, I will raise my probability from 0% to about 20%

I'm so confused.
    They say time heals all wounds. Well, I guess I'll need a LOT more time, because right now, things seem to be feeling worse, not better. JB was my rock. You know how when women get emotional, the man will keep them stable? He always said "It'll be OK, don't worry about it", and now he's not here to do that. Sure other people are there to help me, but it's just not the same.

I can understand why the Mod has ruled out discussion of the locker money since LE consider it as being a non-issue. IMO that means LE were satisfied that there was nothing fraudulent or inappropriate regarding the money. I agree that any suggestion otherwise is unwarranted.

Now that mommybear has stated that "the money he didn't tell me about" does in fact bother her, perhaps we can discuss the money with MB in this regard? Hopefully MB will discuss this in more depth with the principal, if she hasn't already done so.
    casesensitive

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    OMG .. thank you. It's 3:30am here on the west coast. I guess I should get some sleep.

I could delete the post and save the embarrassment, but think i'll leave it up for a bit of levity.
    Lol, no violins on t.v. before 10 pm!!

http://screen.yahoo.com/weekend-emil...000000080.html

I don't know if I missed it but did someone post the actual email sent by the principal or was it paraphrased by mommybear on here? It is possible that JB saw that he had received an email in his inbox and saw a subject heading and did not open it. It is also possible in FirstClass mail system to mark a read email as unread IIRC.

Here is the link to the MISSING: JEFFREY BOUCHER facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/missingjeffreyboucher

Please "like" it and "share" it, especially the missing poster information, but please don't bring any drama or rumours over here from it as per TOS. Facts about searches, etc. are ok. I do believe there are more people out there who are just learning about his disappearance now, and this may spark renewed interest and may nudge memories to the surface. There may even be folks who don't follow social media or news, and word needs to get out to them as well.

Link to sillybillys latest revised timeline:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - ON - Jeffrey Boucher, 52, Whitby, 13 Jan 2014 - #3

REVISED TIMELINE

(Revised February 28 2014; Changes/Additions include: shoe size mens 11; keyless entry issue clarified .. front door only; side door to garage locked; BB got up about 7:15am, was eating breakfast at 7:30; possible sighting on Bourbon Place by JS; JB’s entry on his teacher page re dentist Nov 8)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 2013 sometime this month JB had surgery for receding gums; his BHS teacher page has entry on Nov 8 “On-call dentist”; he didn’t take Motrin after the 3rd day

Dec 2013 Ski trip to Mount St. Louis this month

Dec-20 JB and BB left for Collingwood

Dec-22 Pizza Hut, Collingwood, 29.81 VISA transaction

Dec-22 Loblaws, Collingwood, 68.72 VISA transaction

Dec-23 Esso, Collingwood 26.77 VISA transaction

Dec-24 Walmart Supercenter, Collingwood 19.83 VISA transaction

Dec-24 Loblaws, Collingwood 21.17 VISA transaction

Dec-25 KB and K left for Cuba

Dec-26 Esso, Collingwood 24.41 VISA transaction

Dec 27 East Side Marios, Collingwood (JB and BB) 32.36 VISA transaction

Dec-31 Esso, Collingwood 30.92 VISA transaction

Jan-01 KB and K returned to Whitby from Cuba

Jan-02 Walmart Supercenter, Collingwood 36.81 VISA transaction

Jan-05 Refuel at No Frills, Angus 37.14 VISA transaction

Jan-05 JB and BB returned to Whitby from Collingwood

Jan-06 First day of school after Christmas break. It was a "Snow Day" but JB went to work.

Jan-06 Petrocan, Whitby 16.97 VISA transaction

Jan-07 regular classes resumed after Jan 6 Snow Day

Jan-07 Ontario Hyundai, 4.50 VISA transaction (oil changes free except for environmental tax?)

Jan-07 Real Canadian Superstore 9.46 VISA transaction

Jan-08 Great Clips 15.56 VISA transaction

Jan-08 JB got haircut at Great Clips, and also recently got new glasses

Jan-09 Petrocan-1006 Brock St S., Whitby 34.92 VISA transaction

Jan-09 to Jan-15 No entries made in JB's course outline for his Entrepreneur course. All other dates are filled and it's unclear if JB left these blank, if he removed any actual entries, or if they were removed by someone else for some reason. KB thinks they must have been doing an end of term assignment

Jan-10 Petrocan-3930 Brock St N., Whitby 11.04 VISA transaction

Jan-10 Real Canadian Superstore, Whitby 8.04 VISA transaction (addy is 200 Taunton Rd, Whitby)

Jan-10 A sum of money was found in JB's file cabinet at work on this date. KB says the money was in a malfunctioning file cabinet which was opened by the caretaker while JB was out of the classroom. JB did not tell KB about the incident.

Jan-11 Jeff did not run Saturday morning

Jan-11 5:00 AM JB and BB left in the car (Hyundai) to drive to Blue Mountain where they are both ski instructors; at times they taught near each other; they probably saw each other about 3 times a day. They spent the evening and night at JB's parents' chalet which is about 35km from Collingwood

Jan-12 Jeff did not run Sunday morning

Jan-12 AM KB went to church;

Jan-12 PM KB says she went shopping Sunday afternoon and arranged the new food in the fridge that afternoon, and does not recall moving a lunch bag

Jan-12 3:30 PM KB says that BB called approx 3:30 to 4:00 PM to say she and JB were leaving Blue Mountain to return home to Whitby

Jan-12 4:00 PM Approx time that JB and BB would have left Blue Mountain to arrive home in Whitby at 6:30 PM

Jan-12 Petrocan-1755 Dundas St. Whitby, 34.44 VISA transaction. KB says BB called from this location to say they were 5 min from home.

Jan-12 6:30 PM JB and BB arrived home in Whitby from Blue Mountain; approx 2.5 hour drive (this would put them having left Blue Mountain approx 4:00 pm)

Jan-12 6:45 to 7:15PM KB says she believes JB was on his computer for a short time between about 6:45 and 7:15

Jan-12 7:00 PM Approx time, KB was watching TV and JB was in dining room on his laptop. They sat together for a bit on the couch discussing the houses for sale that KB had researched in Collingwood, and then they went on the computer together to look at the potential houses, to get an idea of what their 'dream house' might look like when they did move up to Collingwood. JB asked KB to email him the links to the place they currently liked best. KB says she emailed JB the Collingwood cottage listings to JB.

Jan-12 7:20 PM This is the time KB believes the email from the Principal was sent; she thinks JB was just getting off his laptop around this time; the email was asking JB to stop by the Principal’s office before lunch on Monday, again saying not to worry. The Principal says this email was never read by Jeff.

Jan-12 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM BB was tutoring a student at the dining room table; KB says student was definitely gone by the time BB went to look for JB

Jan-12 8:30 PM MB called the house to speak with BB and KB picked up the phone and called from upstairs to JB downstairs that his mom was on the phone; JB told MB that BB couldn't come to phone as she was tutoring; he also said he was preparing for upcoming student exams. MB says JB normally went to bed at 10:00 pm; KB advises they normally went to bed between 10:30 and 11:00 pm and that JB would not wake up until 5:00 am

Jan-12 8:50 PM JB gives KB kiss on cheek and says he's going for a run because it's such a nice night. KB warns him about icy sidewalks and advises other runners are running on the roads. JB normally changes in the laundry room which is attached to the garage, then goes out through the garage. There is a side door to the garage which JB would sometimes leave unlocked and he would re-enter through that door. KB says that the morning of JB’s disappearance, that side garage door was locked. Had JB returned, he would have had to enter through the front door to the house. The front door of the house has keyless entry (number keypad). When leaving the house, you just press the lock button on the pad.

Jan-12 9:05 PM MB states she called BB (this would be in addition to her call at 8:30 when she spoke with JB). KB doesn’t recall MB calling back and thinks BB was supposed to call MB back re MB having found USB charger under the bed.

Jan-12 9:05 PM Student left and, according to KB, was picked up by a parent (Q: Has "parent" or otherwise been verified by LE?). Student lives by Sinclair SS which is in the opposite direction of where JB is believed to have headed out.

Jan-12 10:30 PM KB says she and JB always go into the hot tub at 10:15 prior to bedtime between 10:30 and 11:00 PM. KB went to lie down and BB says she will take the van and go look for JB

Jan-12 10:34 PM BB tweets her dad "went running 3 hours ago and he isn't home yet. Anyone seen a 50 year old man lying on a sidewalk?" (Tweet was deleted, possibly Monday, because BB said "it was irrelevant" and "people were asking a lot of questions); temp about 2C, clear, and light rain was forecast for the following day.

Jan-12 10:38 PM BB left in the van to look for her Dad. KB had looked at the alarm by the bed.

Jan-12 10:50 PM BB returned home and said JB was located running about 200m from home (later changed to 900m); KB says JB was just crossing over from Cochrane Street to Briargreen Court as BB was driving along Woodhaven Cres. BB had a chat with JB through the van window; KB says there was a witness to the BB/JB convo and that witness has been interviewed by LE; BB said JB "was completely normal” when he got home that night. She says he didn’t go back out again and she was up late and would have noticed. There was almost a full moon; Environment Canada historical weather data for Oshawa Jan 12 shows 2.3C to 3.0C, precip. 0, snow accumulation 3cm.

Jan-12 10:55 PM Approx time JB arrived home, apparently having run up to Heber Down and back. His favorite places are Heber Down and Cullen Park

Jan-12 10:55 to 11:10 PM KB says JB would have gone in hot tub (no swimsuit); she says JB knows she wouldn’t like him to come to bed sweaty

Jan-12 11:10 PM JB came to bed. KB was in bed almost asleep. He woke her to tell her about the nice weather; he was asleep in a few minutes but KB couldn't get back to sleep. KB says when she got up to take 1/2 Sleepeze at 1:00 am, Jeff was definitely in bed, sleeping

Jan-13 1:00 AM KB took a sleep-eez or 1/2 a Sleepeze. She heard BB downstairs and said BB was up until about 1:00 am or 1:30 am

Jan-13 3:30 AM KB says that LE advised her the plows were out at this hour

Jan-13 5:00 AM or 5:30 to 6:00 JB normally wakes up automatically at this time without an alarm clock

Note: KB advises JB’s morning routine as:

Go down to his bathroom, and take out his mouth guard (which is there), eat a banana, get ready for run, run, come home about 6:50 am, drink water, have shower, go to kitchen in underwear, eat toast with a ton of peanut butter, warm up his spoon-sized shredded wheat with hot water, add milk, eat. Come upstairs to get his ironed shirt from the closet, kiss me goodbye in bed (this happens at 7:10-7:20), goes back downstairs, puts his long pants and shoes on and leaves.

Jan-13 5:15 to 5:20 AM Approx time JS said he almost backed into a jogger as he was backing out on his street. JS saw the back of the jogger who was wearing all black and fit JB’s height and build. He said he had reported this info to LE (unknown when). JS posted this info to KB on the Missing JB page Feb 14. KB says JS goes to their church, and that JS said the jogger was running east on Bourbon Place.

Jan-13 5:30 AM KB says that LE advised her plows were also out at this hour and that the drivers were interviewed by LE. Today is also recycling pickup north of Taunton.

Jan-13 Esther thinks she saw JB running northbound on the road early Monday morning when she was driving south on Brock St., south of Taunton Rd. It was still dark and Esther was startled when the man in dark clothing suddenly appeared on the road. She said she could only see his white face.

Jan-13 5:32 AM cctv video shows jogger who appears to be running in the direction of Gilchrist Court. KB and BB viewed video and say it is not JB.

Jan-13 6:00 AM The time JB would normally go for his morning run, but nobody saw him leave. No cereal bowl or indication he ate breakfast, and compost was not checked for banana peel. KB says he didn't kiss her goodbye. It is believed he was wearing his wedding band, wire silver framed glasses (wire on top, no wire on bottom), a navy blue or black Mountain Co-op running suit; small MP3 pinned to his shirt/jacket; no Nike chip in shoes, no hat, no gloves, no water bottle or sweat band; KB initially advised that both vehicles were in the driveway, but later said JB’s car was in the garage overnite (the van in the driveway); his keys and wallet found at home (KB advises she and JB have never owned cell phones); unknown for sure which shoes he was wearing but KB advises shoe size is mens 11 and she guesses they may be an older, slightly roughed up pair of Asics, dark colour uppers maybe with orange on the sides. The regular Timex watch he normally wore while running watch was found at home in his work shoe; KB says his mouthguard was in its case in his downstairs bathroom and was dry by Monday nite when she checked; JB is said to run 10-15 km (2005 record shows 10km in 43 mins); historical weather data shows Jan 13 as 2.3C to 6.0C, precip .6 cm, snow accumulation 2cm. Locals say weather was clear, no fog.

Jan-13 7:00 AM KB woke up. KB says BB was still in her room

Jan-13 7:15 AM BB got up around this time

Jan-13 7:30 AM BB said she was eating breakfast when KB came in and asked if she’d seen JB

Jan-13 7:30 AM Family states they notice JB is not home yet

Jan-13 7:48 AM Sunrise in Whitby, ON

Jan-13 8:30 AM JB was reported missing and officer arrived right away; LE took JB's laptop and had a look at KB's computer which JB sometimes used. They were able to access JB's Hotmail account because the family knew the password. KB says her email to JB regarding the Collingwood houses was unread. KB advises both vehicles were searched but no forensics done because not criminal investigation; K9s brought to the residence today but unable to get a good track.

Jan-13 9:00 to 11:30 AM KB and BB searched trails through Heber Down

Jan-13 10:30 am Around this time, Alvin Crocker noticed a man who appeared to be in his 50s running southbound along McQuay Blvd. “He was going very slow for a jog”, and he assumed the man was coming to the end of his run. Mr. Crocker reported this information to LE (unknown when).

Jan-13 12:00 Around noon LE informed KB about the Friday incident re the money in JB’s file cabinet

Jan-13 12:00 KB says that after lunch she moved JB’s car from the garage to the driveway

Jan-13 PM KB contacted Principal who advised that on Friday Jeff was told they would have to discuss protocol re money, 'it is no big deal', 'not to worry about it', she would talk to him Monday.

Jan-13 KB says it late Monday when she found the mouthguard was dry

Jan-14 Esther reports her Monday morning sighting to LE's command post

Jan-14 Recycling day for Gilchrist Court neighbourhood

Jan-14 BB tweets to her Dad that she misses him

Jan-14 Air, ground, canine searches commenced of trails and wooded areas near his home and within a 25 mile radius

Jan-15 BB said in media interview on this date that when JB came home from his run Sunday night “he got ready for school the next day”

Jan-19 BB tweets to her Dad "I love you dad, always living your life to the fullest. Nobody else enjoys nature as much as you, I hope you're safe."

Jan-20 LE says they have not ruled out any possibilities, including foul play

Feb-03 LE say the possibility that JB fell and injured himself is becoming "less realistic" because he would have been found by now. Bank accounts and internet profiles have yielded no clues.

Feb-03 Underwater search off Whitby Harbor pier of Lake Ontario started/concluded today without results

Feb-03 Approx date LE state they are not ruling out a number of possibilities, including suicide or that JB may have run away.

Feb-12 Last time LE spoke with KB, no response to her subsequent emails or phone calls
    Last edited by KateB; 04-18-2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Mommybear, you posted in an earlier thread about a psychic visiting your house (Post #702 on Feb. 14th):

"Those first days I was also getting a sense that he's real close to home, or rather, he's 'right under our noses'. But police really aren't too interested in listening to feelings, energy or psychics. On that note, one of Jeff's student's mothers is a pretty well known psychic and she came over the second week. She couldn't really get a sense of anything here at our house at that time, saying that 'it was probably too fresh'. But she did mention that she drove by the OVERT station down on Whitburn the first few days, and got a feeling of "have they looked close to where they are stationed?". It was just kind of strange."

If it was 'too fresh' then, have you thought about inviting her back?

Sorry, if this has been answered, I've been trying to keep up with this case but is there a map of the areas that have been thoroughly searched? And what searches have been done since the original ones done by the police? I know in other cases such as Heather Elvis, etc. there were searches almost every weekend. I know it's winter time but I'm surprised that I haven't read about more searches.

Had not seen this video yet ...some good footage of pier search etc.

Jeffrey Boucher's Wife Believes Husband Is Dead - Video Dailymotion
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 01:14 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by periwinkle blue View Post
    Mommybear, you posted in an earlier thread about a psychic visiting your house (Post #702 on Feb. 14th):

"Those first days I was also getting a sense that he's real close to home, or rather, he's 'right under our noses'. But police really aren't too interested in listening to feelings, energy or psychics. On that note, one of Jeff's student's mothers is a pretty well known psychic and she came over the second week. She couldn't really get a sense of anything here at our house at that time, saying that 'it was probably too fresh'. But she did mention that she drove by the OVERT station down on Whitburn the first few days, and got a feeling of "have they looked close to where they are stationed?". It was just kind of strange."

If it was 'too fresh' then, have you thought about inviting her back?
    "Fresh" ?? in the video I posted you can see the dog(s) at work (briefly) - as per KB they went to the home as well - strange they did not pick up on JB's "Fresh" scent ???

News story on Sergeant Nancy van Rooy of DRPS who was the media officer when JB went missing. She has returned to her role as detective.

http://www.durhamregion.com/opinion-...durham-police/

Quote Originally Posted by casesensitive View Post
    I can understand why the Mod has ruled out discussion of the locker money since LE consider it as being a non-issue. IMO that means LE were satisfied that there was nothing fraudulent or inappropriate regarding the money. I agree that any suggestion otherwise is unwarranted.

Now that mommybear has stated that "the money he didn't tell me about" does in fact bother her, perhaps we can discuss the money with MB in this regard? Hopefully MB will discuss this in more depth with the principal, if she hasn't already done so.
    The principal has yet to get back to me. She said she was letting Human Resources work out the details...

I have to admit I haven't read through all the postings here so this theory may have already been discussed. If not, I wonder if the police have considered that JB may be in hiding (or worse) due to an extortion attempt? What I mean is, someone may have threatened to sully his good reputation by making public something he'd rather have kept secret more than anything else? If he's no longer "around", making public this information is of no use if you think about it. And it would also draw undue attention to the would-be extortionist if it were made public. I don't know if I'm explaining this well but it makes sense in my head!

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast