Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    I wonder how long they lived in that home. Thinking maybe the siblings had a hiding spot or fort or something. I'm just worried sick about this little one. IMO

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to swanniee11 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    I wonder how long they lived in that home. Thinking maybe the siblings had a hiding spot or fort or something. I'm just worried sick about this little one. IMO
    Great thinking! Like playing hid and seek... my two boys never wanted the other to know his best spots. But I always made them tell me... just incase. My youngest would fight sleep alot... so if he got still for to short time he would fall alsleep.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gnsndr33 For This Useful Post:

Quill... what do you know, if anything, about cell reception in this area? I know there are several areas where my husband works "in the woods" here in west Alabama that he loses signal.

Just thinking.... maybe a lot of their family lives in the area. Maybe Dad said, "your sister stopped by about 2. Maybe she went with her?" Then the time is taken to contact the aunt, rather than immediately panicking. If cell reception is little to none, maybe they had to drive to these locations to find out. Many do not have home phones anymore. I have no family here, so my reaction would to be to immediately panic, but I have friends who live down roads where their whole family lives, and it's not unheard of for the children/cousins/etc. to travel between homes. Maybe little Myra really wanted to go with mom, so she started walking back towards the road thinking she could catch up with mom.

Do we know her birthdate? There's really a huge difference between just turned 2 and almost 3.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:

On Monday afternoon, Sheriff Randy Tucker said that in spite of reports that the search had been called off, officials are back on the scene combing the area again for any sign of 2-year-old Myra Lewis. He said at this point the investigation has not changed much since yesterday.

“We’ve gone back and analyzed our search, looking for new areas, so today we’re back with additional K9s,” Tucker said. “We’ll do some additional searching, and we have investigators following up on calls and contacts.”
    http://www.clarionledger.com/article...since-Saturday

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sunrisenow For This Useful Post:

I wanted to add some info that I've read/heard on Nancy Grace's page on CNN website. It is being reported that at any given time there could be up to 10 children in the home. There were children playing outside when the mother left at 10am to go to the store. She instructed the children to go inside and they did. The father was in a back room looking after a newborn. At around 12 pm he went to make the children lunch and that is when he discovered Myra was missing. I haven't heard anything to explain why they didn't report her missing until 4. The family believes that at some point after the mom left, Myra went back outside without anyone knowing, and was abducted from the front yard. Not sure why they assume she was abducted and had not wandered off, unless they "know" that she wouldn't have gone off alone.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:

I just keep praying that this person who abducted her is someone who loves her and wanted her, not someone who would harm her. That's her best possible outcome.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by T4Tide View Post
    Quill... what do you know, if anything, about cell reception in this area? I know there are several areas where my husband works "in the woods" here in west Alabama that he loses signal.

Just thinking.... maybe a lot of their family lives in the area. Maybe Dad said, "your sister stopped by about 2. Maybe she went with her?" Then the time is taken to contact the aunt, rather than immediately panicking. If cell reception is little to none, maybe they had to drive to these locations to find out. Many do not have home phones anymore. I have no family here, so my reaction would to be to immediately panic, but I have friends who live down roads where their whole family lives, and it's not unheard of for the children/cousins/etc. to travel between homes. Maybe little Myra really wanted to go with mom, so she started walking back towards the road thinking she could catch up with mom.

Do we know her birthdate? There's really a huge difference between just turned 2 and almost 3.
    I was thinking about cell reception last night when I was looking at the aerial maps. I don't ever travel that area so I don't know. But we have those dead spots here and there all throughout the area. Lots of people have abandoned landlines in favor of cell phones, but I wouldn't do it if I lived in a dead zone. I haven't seen a birthdate.

You raise a good point, though. Sometimes in rural areas the kids are used to walking to a relative's house, even along the roadside, maybe with a parent, maybe without. I would hope they never let her go alone, but she may have gone by herself if left unattended and no one noticed. I just hope and pray they find her, whatever the case may be.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Quill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lishac23 View Post
    I wanted to add some info that I've read/heard on Nancy Grace's page on CNN website. It is being reported that at any given time there could be up to 10 children in the home. There were children playing outside when the mother left at 10am to go to the store. She instructed the children to go inside and they did. The father was in a back room looking after a newborn. At around 12 pm he went to make the children lunch and that is when he discovered Myra was missing. I haven't heard anything to explain why they didn't report her missing until 4. The family believes that at some point after the mom left, Myra went back outside without anyone knowing, and was abducted from the front yard. Not sure why they assume she was abducted and had not wandered off, unless they "know" that she wouldn't have gone off alone.
    That wouldn't be the first time NG got her facts wrong. I put no faith in what she says anymore, she likes to sensationalize.
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lisa%20tackett

The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government.

All opinions posted by me, are mine, and in no way , are they to be interpreted as FACT, unless I provide a LINK.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

I have four kids of my own. On any given day, I can have up to ten or twelve in my house - three younger ones (brother and sisters) from down the street come to play with my younger two, my teenagers will often come home with friends in tow, and various other neighborhood kids might show up. On weekends, maybe a cousin or three will be in town too. It sounds insane (and sometimes it is, especially in winter when I want to throw them all outside but can't because the arctic freeze is in town lol ) but really it's not as nuts as it sounds, and definitely not unusual at least for this house.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

And the family members are considered victims,UNTIL, they are named poi's which they have not been. We're not allowed to place blame on them per the TOS.

The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government.

All opinions posted by me, are mine, and in no way , are they to be interpreted as FACT, unless I provide a LINK.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Family members said in a press conference Monday that they think Myra has been kidnapped, but Tucker said that so far all officials know is that Myra is gone.

“It was reported as a missing child, she was reported as having wandered off. We haven’t been able to corroborate anything except that Myra is still missing,” Tucker said. “Until we can prove or disprove one theory or another, we’ve still got to consider every possibility. She may have wandered off, she may have been abducted, we just don’t know at this point. We don’t have any physical evidence to lead us in any certain direction other than that.
    http://www.clarionledger.com/article...uction-update- 3/03/14
    b b m

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CHERIE.T For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quill View Post
    I agree about not slamming the parents. We just don't know enough right now and I'm sure they are devastated.

As far as weather, we had a high of 77 yesterday and it was beautiful all weekend. It only got down to around mid 50's Sat. night, if I recall. However, we had high winds and rain last night with a low around 40. It's cold and overcast this morning. It is currently 27 and we had flurries that didn't stick. I'm about an hour from Camden.

ETA: Welcome to Mississippi. Where, if you don't like the weather, just wait a minute.
    OMIGOSH! That's what they say about Texas!!

It has not been above freezing today, and the roads are still icy. Funny, because Sat. was beautiful, in the 70's, short sleeve shirt weather. Dontcha just love it?!!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    That wouldn't be the first time NG got her facts wrong. I put no faith in what she says anymore, she likes to sensationalize.
    I tend to agree. I only felt comfortable mentioning it because that particular info came from a reporter phoning in from the "area" Myra went missing and had attended the press conference.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lishac23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    OMIGOSH! That's what they say about Texas!!

It has not been above freezing today, and the roads are still icy. Funny, because Sat. was beautiful, in the 70's, short sleeve shirt weather. Dontcha just love it?!!
    Our County here in Kentucky, is under a state of emergency due to the roads. Most are impassable, and most businesses are closed. Come home Myra!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lishac23 View Post
    I tend to agree. I only felt comfortable mentioning it because that particular info came from a reporter phoning in from the "area" Myra went missing and had attended the press conference.
    Wanna see some sloppy reporting? Go to the Holly Bobo thread, Lots of misreporting there. By reporters.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast