CA - Suspect dressed up as "Barbie" holds woman hostage in Big Lots restroom

If nothing else, this wins the Outstanding Thread Title of the Year for 2014 - already!

:)

I know some customers were concerned, but have to admit...this news blurb made me LOL. ;D

So, I'm dying to know...

Was it Princess Barbie?

Or Catwoman-gone-bad Barbie?

Or, maybe Jailbird Barbie??

So I guess Sports Illustrated wasn't enough for Barbie???

I hear they've brought in Police Woman 'Angie Dickenson' Barbie to sort this out.

picture.php

Police Woman TV series

Lol!

Seriously, I'm glad no one was harmed. (Seriously.)

And you know, things could have been a LOT worse. (Ok, can't resist...)

(Also glad some of you share my weird sense of humor!)

I can't believe this happened in California. If it is true you can bet alcohol and that trollop Skipper is involved.

An arrest has been made, with some new twists to the story. The twists don't all say quite the same thing, but, here are the accounts found today:
A California man is accused of sexually assaulting a woman while wearing a pink Barbie costume, authorities say.

Gregory Schwartz, 40, was arrested Sunday afternoon in conjunction with the alleged assault, which took place Friday afternoon in the bathroom of a San Diego Big Lots store.

The victim, who asked not to be identified, said she was using the restroom when the suspect entered her stall dressed in the Barbie costume.

"I was looking and I saw two feet slowly planting on the floor and they were a man's bare feet. He went underneath the stall really quickly and then he came into my stall and the door was still locked. I didn't even have time to act," she told KGTV-TV. "He grabbed my neck and he pushed me all the way against the wall and he started squeezing my neck and I start yelling from the top of my lungs and then he covered my mouth."

She noticed the suspect was wearing a Barbie outfit and suspects he stole it from the store.

"I don't know how it fit," she told KFMB-TV.

The victim fought back, and managed to escape. Schwartz ran out soon after with a jacket over his pink Barbie shirt.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/03/gregory-schwartz_n_4890432.html

The woman says the attack occurred she was using the restroom at Big Lots -- located at 4829 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. -- on Friday when a man entered the stall. She says he was wearing a pink Barbie costume.

"I was looking and I saw two feet slowly planting on the floor and they were a man's bare feet," said the woman, who wished to remain anonymous. "He went underneath the stall really quickly and then he came into my stall and the door was still locked. I didn't even have time to act."

She added, "He grabbed my neck and he pushed me all the way against the wall and he started squeezing my neck and I start yelling from the top of my lungs and then he covered my mouth."

The woman said she blacked out before waking up to fight him off. She was able to run out of the restroom and then told employees what had happened.

http://www.10news.com/news/woman-sa...ume-inside-a-san-diego-area-big-lots-restroom

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - A man is under arrest accused of violently attacking a woman inside a Clairemont Big Lots store.

The attack took place Saturday. The woman says she was in the store's bathroom when the suspect, wearing a pink Barbie costume, attacked her.

She says the man attempted to sexually assault her before she managed to get away.

Police identified the suspect as 40-year-old Gregory Schwatz and he was arrested late Sunday in the Clairemont Area.

This is the latest information. The original story is below.

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - A woman wants to warn the public about a man who allegedly attacked her while wearing a Barbie T-shirt in a Big Lots bathroom in Clairemont.

The woman says Friday while she was using the bathroom, a man looked over her stall and then quickly came underneath it.

She says he grabbed her neck and pushed her against the wall making her fear for her life:

"I thought he was gonna kill me, I mean, rape me, uh I don't know what, I mean he was gonna attack me, that's all I was thinking."

The woman says she was able to escape but unfortunately so was the man.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/24861408/woman-allegedly-attacked-in-bathroom-at-big-lots

I noticed that the original link and news story copy/pasted in post 1 here has been updated (rewritten) entirely. The part about being false imprisonment and being held against her will has been changed to a "sexual assault."

Not sure where this is going to go in court... While it certainly sounds frightening, it doesn't sound like she's a real consistent witness (IMHO).

This is what that link now states:

By Andie Adams
| Monday, Mar 3, 2014 | Updated 8:27 AM PST

Police are investigating an attempted sexual assault in San Diego involving a suspect dressed up as a Barbie doll.

On Friday around 5 p.m., a woman walked into the women's restroom at a Big Lots store in Clairemont.

When she entered a stall, a man climbed under the door after her, grabbed her and tried to sexually assault her, police said.

Investigators confirmed the suspect was wearing a Barbie costume.

The victim fought back, managing to escape and run to a store employee. The suspect ran out soon after, only to be confronted by a security guard.

Police said the suspect threatened the guard with what appeared to be a screwdriver and ran out of the store.

The man suspected of the crime, 40-year-old Gregory Schwartz, was arrested Sunday around 3:40 p.m. near Clairemont Mesa Blvd. and Diane Ave.

If you have any information about the incident, police ask that you call 619-531-2210.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...oman-in-Bathroom-248100791.html#ixzz2uvechF00

"The woman also say the suspect put on a jacket over his Barbie T-shirt before leaving the scene."

(But if she left the bathroom first and ran to find a store employee, how does she know this?)

:confused:

And if he was barefoot when he attacked her, after she escaped did he also take time to put his shoes back on?

Where did the screwdriver come from and why would he have it on his person? (Should LE should maybe check restroom ceiling vents for possible hidden cameras?)

How did I know it was going to be transvestite Barbie before I even looked? :facepalm:

Because you're intuitive, hambirg. ;) In all this googling I've discovered an Etsy shop that sells really unique Barbie clothes (if you're interested, it's Notyourmothersbarbie).

Back on topic.

This account says it was a pink tutu:

SAN DIEGO — Police Sunday arrested a 30-year-old man who was wearing a pink tutu when he allegedly attacked a woman in a toilet stall at a Big Lots store in Clairemont.

Investigators identified the suspect as Gregory Schwartz, who was arrested around 5:40 p.m. in the area of Clairemont Mesa Boulevard and Diane Avenue, San Diego police Lt. Chuck Kaye said.

About 40 minutes earlier, Kaye said, a woman who had entered a toilet stall in the Big Lots store at 4829 Clairemont Drive was “confronted by a male who had crawled under the stall she occupied.”

Surveillance video showed the man was wearing “a tutu-type thing” he took from the store, Kaye said.

Read more: http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/02/man-in-barbie-costume-attacks-woman-in-bathroom/#ixzz2uvrrqSUE

His attorney, pictured here, claims it was all a misunderstanding, and plans to vigorously cross examine the cross dressing witnesses, while keeping his fingers crossed. He plans to call cross dressing Ken and cross dressing Barbie to the witness stand.

Attachments

• lawyer.jpg
    lawyer.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 1990kendoll.jpg
    1990kendoll.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 9
  • cd Barbie.jpg
    cd Barbie.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 7
*groan* (where's the cross-eyed smilie??) ;)

(Hey, I had a troll like that! Well, except for the lawyer suit... ;D)

ETA: Hah! Found it! :crosseyed:

http://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2014/08/11/man-41-ordered-to-trial-in-barbie-sex-assault-case/

A man who was wearing a Barbie costume when he allegedly attacked a victim in a women’s restroom at a Big Lots store was ordered Monday to stand trial on four felony charges, including assault with intent to commit rape and false imprisonment by violence.

Gregory Phillip Schwartz, 41, faces more than seven years in prison if convicted, said Deputy District Attorney Mary-Ellen Barrett.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back