Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    So there is a connection whether through Holly's mom or Holly. She would remember ZA from school. I wonder if all went well in 4th grade or did ZA hold some sort of grudge?
    There is most likely a link between Holly's mom and Zach's mom since both were school teachers in the Parsons school district. Cindy Adams taught at Parsons Junior High and was the dance team sponsor. She most likely knew Holly as well. Sounds like Zach came from a family that had been achievers but fell into the drug life.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/cindyleeadams

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to NanZDrew For This Useful Post:

Not sure if this has been posted, if so here it is again!

Zachary Adams' mother comments on Holly Bobo investigation

Adam's mother, Cindy Adams, said: "This investigation is about finding Holly Bobo, and the family does not want anyone to lose sight of that.
    http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20...-investigation

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    oceanblueeyes, the TBI/FBI silenced the Bobos in the first year or so, imo, and agents were sequestered in their home for weeks, maybe months after HB's abduction. It was speculated that this was for the family's protection, or to man the phone in case of a ransom demand. The Bobos had a spokesperson; Bromley, who released very little, if any info..Imo, this was due to advice from investigators. Eventually the Bobo's became frustrated due to the lack of progress in the case and began giving msm interviews, imo..

The msm links for the information about the stalking incidents have all aged off, but if my memory is correct the stalking info came from HB's friends or relatives.

I attended the one year anniversary of Holly's abduction in Parsons, TN while the 2012 Coon Hunt was taking place. Not sure if it was the economy, or the scrutiny by investigators of the prior year attendees, but the attendance was way off in 2012.

_____

http://www.examiner.com/article/holl...ons-criticized

Holly Bobo Abduction: Spokesman unable to answer questions, criticized
    Thank you so much for this information FF!

It infuriates me to no end when outsiders believe they have a right to know everything that goes on in an investigation. Why some think this way I have never understood. We all know by now that many times the perp or perps keep up with what is disclosed in the media and on the internet. Why would anyone want the perp to know about what is being discovered in any investigation? I can understand wanting to know more information about the evidence LE has found once an arrest has been made but not before.

The article you posted is spot on imo. Like I mentioned in a prior post Marlene Lamar knew many things behind the scene and even though she spoke out in the media several times she never divulged what she knew. No spokesperson for any family with a missing loved one should ever disclose any information that can impede the investigation. They are there to support the family and talk about the missing victim. That is their only role, imo.

I remember clearly ML was criticized unmercifully and even falsely accused by some who were sure she and her boyfriend had something to do with Sierra's disappearance and murder. Every time she spoke out she was accused of hiding something.......well she was .........she was not divulging what LE was telling her and that is the correct thing to do, imo.

I especially agree with this part of the article you linked.

What is frustrating to law enforcement and to families is that the public feels they have a right to know details of an active investigation. When they don’t get the details they begin to speculate and spread rumors. The internet has provided the perfect platform, as we’ve seen in Holly’s case.

Releasing the wrong information to the public while an investigation is ongoing could drastically hinder the investigation.

It is well known among law enforcement personnel that perpetrators follow information posted on the internet. This can serve to empower them, something people often don’t realize.

In Holly’s case the FBI, the TBI, sheriffs’ departments from numerous counties, state highway patrol, local police departments, and other state, local, and federal agencies are all involved in the investigation.

Investigators are well aware of what information they should release to the public and what information should be held close to the vest. These agencies have the resources to investigate cases such as Holly's, which should allay the fear that law enforcement is wrongly withholding information from the public.

I think all of these things listed are good things to remember. I know I even get antsy for more information before an arrest has even happened but when really I think about it clearly........it shouldn't be released. I sure wouldn't want it to happen if I had a loved one who was missing. Any investigation must remain private or it can terribly hinder the ongoing investigation.

Thanks again.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Unfortunately, I am one of those despised people that would like to know everything that is going on in a case.
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I won't be riding with you again.
    Too late ~n/t~....ChooChoo!
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Unfortunately, I am one of those despised people that would like to know everything that is going on in a case.
    the Justin Bieber tee shirt doesn't help
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Hey I think I see myself in one of those trains....right there in the Engineer's seat!
    You need to let me be in the Engineer's seat driving the train and we wont wreck. When I was 18 my dad and I hitched a ride on a train not to far from our house. My dad knew the Engineer. Well the Engineer let me 'drive' the train and even let me back it up and connect to some of the railcars. We went right up town and he even let me release one car that was to be released in the train yard.

I will never forget it and how much fun it was. I had my head hanging out the window so I could see the Conductor when he was given me instructions on dropping one of the railcars off. By then everyone that were in the stores had come out and was watching me!

Such great memories! It would never happen now of course because the laws are too strict but it was a more relaxed time back then.

All aboard!
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

I like to know everything too, but when I sit back, and logically think about it, I really know released information in any ongoing case could hinder the investigation.

I would never want that to happen for any family who has lost a loved one.

But if its out there of course I am going to read it.

IMO

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

It infuriates me to no end when outsiders believe they have a right to know everything that goes on in an investigation. Why some think this way I have never understood. We all know by now that many times the perp or perps keep up with what is disclosed in the media and on the internet. Why would anyone want the perp to know about what is being discovered in any investigation? I can understand wanting to know more information about the evidence LE has found once an arrest has been made but not before.

The article you posted is spot on imo. Like I mentioned in a prior post Marlene Lamar knew many things behind the scene and even though she spoke out in the media several times she never divulged what she knew. No spokesperson for any family with a missing loved one should ever disclose any information that can impede the investigation. They are there to support the family and talk about the missing victim. That is their only role, imo.

I remember clearly ML was criticized unmercifully and even falsely accused by some who were sure she and her boyfriend had something to do with Sierra's disappearance and murder. Every time she spoke out she was accused of hiding something.......well she was .........she was not divulging what LE was telling her and that is the correct thing to do, imo.

What is frustrating to law enforcement and to families is that the public feels they have a right to know details of an active investigation. When they don’t get the details they begin to speculate and spread rumors. The internet has provided the perfect platform, as we’ve seen in Holly’s case.

Releasing the wrong information to the public while an investigation is ongoing could drastically hinder the investigation.

It is well known among law enforcement personnel that perpetrators follow information posted on the internet. This can serve to empower them, something people often don’t realize.

In Holly’s case the FBI, the TBI, sheriffs’ departments from numerous counties, state highway patrol, local police departments, and other state, local, and federal agencies are all involved in the investigation.

Investigators are well aware of what information they should release to the public and what information should be held close to the vest. These agencies have the resources to investigate cases such as Holly's, which should allay the fear that law enforcement is wrongly withholding information from the public.

I think all of these things listed are good things to remember. I know I even get antsy for more information before an arrest has even happened but when really I think about it clearly........it shouldn't be released. I sure wouldn't want it to happen if I had a loved one who was missing. Any investigation must remain private or it can terribly hinder the ongoing investigation.

Thanks again.

IMO
    The only way to stop the wrong information being spread is if LE sets the record straight. I have a few examples in this case but will only post one s to not go off topic. Holly's pink purse is missing. Nobody knew until her dad mentioned it years later. I think this would have been a very important detail to release to the public. Why didn't LE release that info? What if someone found a pink purse and just discarded it? What if the purse held some crucial evidence that may have helped rather than hinder the investigation such as DNA?

LE can either embrace the publics help or criticize us for wanting to know too much. IMO many times cases are solved because of the publics help.

Look at the awesome job some of our members are doing identifying and matching the unidentified/missing persons.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I am SO happy to see that there's new LE activity happening in Holly's case. From the beginning, I never thought that her boyfriend or brother had anything to do with her disappearance and there were no leads for the longest time. This is encouraging.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kapua For This Useful Post:

IMO, LE has done a crappy job with this case for three years. Sadly I see no reason for this new searching, etc. to result in anything that will resolve the case. Of course I hope otherwise...but not holding my breath. JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    The only way to stop the wrong information being spread is if LE sets the record straight. I have a few examples in this case but will only post one s to not go off topic. Holly's pink purse is missing. Nobody knew until her dad mentioned it years later. I think this would have been a very important detail to release to the public. Why didn't LE release that info? What if someone found a pink purse and just discarded it? What if the purse held some crucial evidence that may have helped rather than hinder the investigation such as DNA?

LE can either embrace the publics help or criticize us for wanting to know too much. IMO many times cases are solved because of the publics help.

Look at the awesome job some of our members are doing identifying and matching the unidentified/missing persons.
    I do agree with you that in some instances they should seek the public's help and they have done so. They really use the media often in getting out the word/photo/story that someone is missing or they put composite drawings up of a potential suspect for the public to see.

But what I was referring to is actual evidence they have uncovered during an ongoing investigation. I don't think any evidence they have gathered about anyone should be divulged until after an arrest has been made.

And even when LE does come out and say some things often it doesn't stop the speculation. For example. No one that I am aware of ever heard CB say to the public his sister was 'dragged' into the woods. The police came out and said he did not say that but instead said he saw his sister being 'led' into the woods by a guy in camo. To this day I still see that he said 'dragged' even though LE said point blank he never said that. So sometimes even setting the record straight doesn't work.

IMO

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    IMO, LE has done a crappy job with this case for three years. Sadly I see no reason for this new searching, etc. to result in anything that will resolve the case. Of course I hope otherwise...but not holding my breath. JMO
    As large in scope as the search warrants were in the past few days and in so many locations, it will take the FBI/TBI weeks or months.... to get all the results back on all they have collected..... so I don't expect anything to happen soon anyway.

IMO

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

Thanks again.

IMO

oceanblueeyes, TY for the kind words. Yes, from day one all available resources; Local, State, and Federal LEAs were utilized in the Holly Bobo abduction investigation.
    All available resources except the most valuable investigative resource; The American public via msm.

I agree, as I am sure most everyone does, that the integrity of the investigation must be protected. With the advent of communications and forensic technology advancements. It is no longer necessary to hold back all info and evidence, as in the past, imo. We are living in a new era where aware citizens/the public are the eyes and ears of law enforcement; analogous to a security camera across the landscape of America. Most missing/murdered persons cases are solved due to dilligent investigations by LE combined with an aware citizen's tip.

In high profile cases such as Holly Bobo's, a Media Management Strategy by the lead agency is imperative, not only for a successful conclusion, but also to prevent speculation, rumors, and keep the community informed. Silence, nor misinfo via msm is considered an effective media management strategy during an abduction investigation.

Although the following sniped article is intended for serial murder investigations. Imo, it highlights the importance of media management in all high profile multi agency investigations...

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu.../serial-murder

IX. Media Issues in Serial Murder Investigations

Often the relationship between law enforcement and the media is not a close one. In some law enforcement agencies, there is a long history of distrust and resentment underpinning this relationship. From the law enforcement perspective, the media publishes unauthorized information from investigations, hypothesizes on investigative progress, and uses talking heads to critique the investigative efforts. From the media’s standpoint, law enforcement withholds too much information and does not communicate adequately with the media. It is counterproductive for law enforcement to sustain contentious relationships with the media, while attempting to develop an overall strategy for a successful serial murder investigation. The only party who benefits from this negative relationship is the serial murderer, who may continue to avoid detection. A respectful, cooperative relationship between law enforcement and the media will serve the missions of both.

It becomes essential for law enforcement personnel involved in a serial murder investigation to design and implement an effective media plan. The plan should provide timely information on a regular basis, without compromising the investigative endeavors. It is essential for media releases to be closely coordinated with investigative strategies. This helps determine the best times to both educate and solicit information from the public concerning certain aspects of the investigation. Once a media plan is established, law enforcement can be more proactive than reactive in its media strategy.

Symposium attendees provided a number of suggestions regarding media issues:
    <sniped - read more>
    Last edited by Foxfire; 03-04-2014 at 07:13 PM.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Remember the Tony Calabrese fiasco.

Ok off topic. Someone protect me from the needle I see it coming my way.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast