Blind Man Regains Sight, and the First Thing He Does is Write a Love Note to His Wife

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
By Ellen's Good News | The Good News – Fri, Feb 28, 2014 1:10 PM ESTAlden Hultunen's love note to his wife was simple. "I love you Glenda," read his message, written on the back of a piece of paper. It was the first love note he wrote to her in over a decade, and writing it was one of the first things he did when he regained his sight after years of blindness. Alden is nearly 80 years old and lives in Aura, MI. When he was in his 50s, he was diagnosed with dry macular degeneration, which causes the central part of the retina to wear out. He slowly lost his vision over the past 25 years. more at link: http://shine.yahoo.com/ellen-good-n...;_ylg=X3oDMTBhYWM1a2sxBGxhbmcDZW4tVVM-;_ylv=3

Every so often I read a story that brings me to tears and puts a big smile on my face.

I liked this story very much.

This really interests me because it shows that advances are being made in the treatment of macular degeneration. I've had the wet version for about 4 years, and have to get a very expensive shot in each eye every month. I'm lucky because for me, it does improve my vision. For some people, the shots only stop the progression, (but not improve vision) and for the majority, the shots don't help at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back