1000 users online (163 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NM - Emily Lambert, 30, Carlsbad, 1 March 2014

Emily Rebecca Lambert

Carlsbad police search for missing woman -

Carlsbad police are asking for the public's help in locating a missing woman. Emily Rebecca Lambert was reported missing Saturday from the Stevens Best Western Inn in Carlsbad. She was last seen leaving the Blue Cactus Inn at approximately 11:30 p.m.
    http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S...9#.UxYNh_ldXH8
    Last edited by los2188; 03-04-2014 at 01:55 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."
    -Mark Twain

The Finding Emily facebook page says she was last seen in Carlsbad, NM NOT Carlsbad, CA.
    -Mark Twain

-Mark Twain

After poking around on her FB page it appears she is missing out of Carlsbad, NM not CA. I never knew there was a Carlsbad, NM!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My confession... I

I have a lot of questions:
    1. Was she staying with her friend or at this motel?
    2. Was the friend out with her at the time, how long did it take to realize she was missing?

Does she smoke? I have a hard time believing she stepped out to leave the bar, because she left her cell phone and wallet. It would make sense if she went outside to smoke and something happened.
    -Mark Twain

So two motels are involved? Never mind...motel name and lounge name...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie Vi View Post
    After poking around on her FB page it appears she is missing out of Carlsbad, NM not CA. I never knew there was a Carlsbad, NM!

Off topic:
    Yup, that's where the famous Carlsbad Caverns are located near Carlsbad, NM.

There is only one motel. I've seen it listed a few different ways on news reports. It is the Best Western Stevens Inn. It is a large motel here in town and has a restaurant and lounge on site. The lounge is the Blue Cactus and it is on one of the main streets through town.

I am local and my daughter works at that motel in the restaurant and am very familiar with the location. Other than seeing the alert on Facebook I have not seen or heard anything else locally about Emily.

I do know that lately our town has almost doubled in population because of a massive oilfield boom the past year. It is almost impossible to find housing or a motel room here. This particular motel is probably booked solid with tons of oilfield workers. It is a busy place with the lounge and restaurant, especially on a Saturday night.

According to the Finding Emily Facebook page, Emily's body has been found.

She was a loving mother of two girls, a sister, and a daughter. Prayers for Emily and her loved ones.
    -Mark Twain

Dallas news now reporting on Emily. So sad. Prayers for her family and friends, especially her two daughters.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/248872...her-found-dead

So sad. RIP.

Missing Richardson ISD teacher found dead in New Mexico, police investigating as homicide

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2...w-mexico.html/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

From various news reports and interviews with her parents:

--Emily was visiting her boyfriend in Carlsbad.
    --Boyfriend called her parents Sunday morning to report her missing after they had a "spat" at the bar and she walked out (Saturday night).
    --Reports have said she left her wallet and cell at the bar.
    --Police have identified a person of interest, but as of right now have not released a name.

http://www.currentargus.com/carlsbad...ing?source=rss
    Last edited by justaparent; 03-05-2014 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Edited -- list function did not work

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie Vi View Post

LOL. I am from TX and I never knew there was a Carlsbad, CA! We went through the Carlsbad Caverns when I was a child. Scary.

So, sounds like this was a homicide. Wonder who their POI is. Maybe the boyfriend? And how far is the village of Loving from Carlsbad?

Sad, she was an attractive woman.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast