CONVICTION OVERTURNED NJ - Karla Villagra-Garzon, 33, Elizabeth, 24 Feb 2014 *husband arrested*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Karla Villagra-Garzon
14414134-large.jpg

Elizabeth mother missing, police seek public's help -

ELIZABETH —
Police are asking for the public's help in finding a city woman who has been missing since late last month. Karla Villagra-Garzon, 33, was last seen about 10:30 p.m. on Feb. 24. The mother of a two-year-old, Villagra-Garzon reportedly left her home on the 80 block of East Jersey Street and was walking to a Walgreens store at 600 Newark Ave., police said.

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/2014/03/elizabeth_mother_missing_police_seek_publics_help.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/0...m-who-disappeared-week-ago/?intcmp=latestnews

A New Jersey mom vanished last week after she left her home for a trip to a local drug store to buy medicine for her 2-year-old, CBS New York reported. "She reportedly left her home on the 800 block of East Jersey Street to go to the Walgreens at 600 Newark Avenue," Lt. Daniel Saulnier, told the station. Surveillance video at the store indicates that the woman never made it there, WPIX-11 reported.

She is described as being 5 feet tall and about 120 pounds.

There are posters in Spanish on her Let's Find Karla Villagra FB page. How well does she speak English? If something happened to her on the way to the store, would she have difficulty communicating with, say, LE, EMT's, etc.? Have hospitals and homeless shelters been checked?

I hope she is found safe soon. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information out about her and her family/life before she disappeared. It appears that it was quite a long walk to the store in the dark. I am assuming they didn't have a car? Wouldn't it be safer for the husband to walk to get the medicine while she stayed home with the baby, or to ask a friend for a ride to the store? Today is the first time I even saw any news about her being missing and she's been gone what? 9 or 10 days?

Case is covered on NG Tonight. The husbands story is a bit fishy. He says he stayed home with the baby while she walked 1.7 miles to the pharmacy in sub freezing temps. He called police the next day. She was not found on any of the surveillance video and never got to the the store.

Her husband didn't report her missing until the next morning. Red Flag to me.
Plus...he should have walked to get meds while mom stayed with sick child

The family dropped the hyphenated portion of her last name on the missing poster...assuming that's the hubby's last name they dropped. Wonder if they suspect him?

I can't get that crime map to open, but I would never walk there alone at night. It's not a good area. There really isn't much local info other than the original story. Much of the FB page is in Spanish, so there could be a little more there, but no new info on the news, or on nj.com.

JVM on HLN covered this just now. It seems that there was an argument between Karla and her husband before she left for the store.

GRACE: Everyone, take a look at Karla Garzon, mom of a 2-year-old daughter. She leaves just after supper to go get flu medicine for her children. She`s never seen again.

Marc Klaas, president and founder of Klaas Kids Foundation. His specialty, missing people. Marc, weigh in.

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION (via telephone): Well, several things disturb me about this. First of all, it`s below freezing in that part of the country right now, and she was walking. That doesn`t make a lot of sense.

Secondly, according to Google maps, it`s 1.7 miles between her home and the Walgreens store. Thirdly, why in the world did the husband wait until the next day to report her missing? I find all of these circumstances very suspicious.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1403/06/ng.01.html

I can't imagine walking almost two miles, at night, in the cold. Why didn't husband go? This all sounds very bad to me. JMO

Checked out the FB page. Not much being discussed in Spanish aside from asking for prayers and sharing a link to a Spanish tv channel clip on the story. Apparently an aunt and cousin have traveled to take care of the baby and be closer while she is found.
Such an odd story. Being raised by Hispanic parents myself, I find it odd that the female would go in search of medicine and the male would take care of baby. Not the usual way things work within our culture IMO prayers that she is found soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back