1338 users online (236 members and 1102 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

UK - Ben Clarkson, 22, York, Yorkshire, 2 Mar 2014

On the same day Megan was found, and the River Ouse gave up another one of it's victims it looks like another young person, a former York St Johns University student had gone missing in eerily similar circumstances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-26431352

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1105...day/?ref=var_0

One thing I have noticed is there's a lot of information about the River Search with this case, compared to that of Megan Roberts. Strange IMHO.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-...age_fan_invite
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------
    Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Thanks for starting a thread for Ben Aviator!

From the article you linked from york press

"Ben, 22, was spotted at 3.40am on Sunday in Layerthorpe, close to the junction of James Street.

At the time he was wearing dark skinny jeans, a grey t-shirt with an Eiffel Tower logo on the front and dark pumps with white trim and white toe caps.

Police officers and PCSOs are searching of Ben’s route home from Stonebow to Heworth Green, the regional underwater search team and a specially trained scent dog have been brought in to assist the investigation."
    I know the area very well, I used to live on Heworth Green. I'm interested to know if the sighting on layerthorpe has been confirmed, if that was Ben then he has gone past the river foss and was only a few minutes walk from home. What happened to him? They do seem to be concentrating the search on the foss, the foss is very shallow at the junction of layerthorpe and foss islands road. It's not easy to fall into either, walls and railings around it.

Not pointing any fingers but I hope the police have checked out the gypsey camp that is at the bottom of james street where it meets layerthorpe, very close to the sighting of Ben.
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

C'mon, kiddo. Come home.

We're all so invincible when we're young. Hoping he's safe soon.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    I'd like to know where abouts on Heworth Green Ben lived, because it might make a big difference to which route he walked home. If he lives at the bottom of HG then around Foss Bank would be the way I would go, and that IMO holds a higher risk of falling in the water. But if he went that way that would mean the sighting on layerthorpe is wrong. There are traffic cameras at the junction of foss islands/foss bank/layerthorpe/stonebow. Hopefully they should show police something.
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Skibaboo it's been updated that Ben Clarkson, 22, was last seen at 3.40am on Sunday 2 March 2014, in Layerthorpe, close to the junction of James Street.

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13142
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------
    Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.

Hopefully this ends better than Megan's does. I don't feel good about it though. To many of these cases with water end badly

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Skibaboo it's been updated that Ben Clarkson, 22, was last seen at 3.40am on Sunday 2 March 2014, in Layerthorpe, close to the junction of James Street.

http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/13142
    Look at my first post That is what I mean, he would have needed to turn around and go back towards town for him to have ended up in the foss (of his own accord) If the sighting was him, we was past where the foss is.

I'm going to make a quick map

A = Heworth Green, Where Ben lives (specific address not known)
    Red/Green Spot = Fibbers on Stonebow
    Yellow Triangles = Areas of the River Foss searched/being searched
    Blue Star = Sighting of Ben on Layerthorpe/James St 3:40AM March 2nd

http://goo.gl/maps/rJncP

So strange that we are again being lead on the most strangest of stories/circumstances. York does have way to many for it's size doesn't it? No wonder someone made an entire story/topic on it on another forum that York could have a very professional Serial Killer operating.

I find it strange that on the day Megan is found someone else young under the influence of Alcohol goes missing. Alcohol can make you vulnerable, especially if you are alone.
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------

Ben Clarkson search enters fifth day - poster appeal launched - divers return to Foss - UPDATED 12pm

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1105...day/?ref=var_0

Ben Clarkson appeal - Divers call off river search

A North Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “All necessary searches of the River Foss at that area have been carried out at this time.

“Searches have concluded in the River Foss for the time being and other areas of investigation are being pursued.”
    http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/1105...earch/?ref=twt

Why on earth does this case give so much Information compared to that of Megan Roberts? Police say other areas of investigation are being pursued now, are we looking at something possibly criminal here?
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------

I really don't know aviator? They say they have reviewed CCTV but won't elaborate on what they have found. I think with Megan they got a pretty good idea from the CCTV and nobody saw anything, maybe Ben is different because they have gotten tips? I don't know

CCTV released - why didn't they just do this with Megan Roberts also?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-26513531
    Kindest Regards,

Aviator
    -----------------------

I too live in Heworth and have done for 16 years, so I know the area very well. From Foss Bank Ben lives approximately a third of the way up Heworth Green on the left. The quickest route from Layerthorpe where Ben was last seen is straight up towards Hawthorn Grove, turn left into Millfied Lane at the end of Millfield Lane turn left and cross over the road. The other two routes Ben could have taken is either down Gas alley or the cycle track.

If I was the Police I would be looking on the gypsy camp at the end of James Street and James Street tip.

I really hope Ben is found soon.
    Last edited by Candyfloss; 03-12-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast