I Saw It On Pinterest So I Did It Myself

OMG I'm rolling! The rabbit and the shark had me laughing out loud!

The one time I made a homemade birthday cake for my son it looked like rats had been at it or maybe it had fallen victim to a tornado or two. I was laughing so hard I had to snap a pic and send it to my niece. My sweet son still remembers it as the best birthday cake he's ever gotten! He appreciated the herculean effort he knew I put into it.

I've long given up trying to make stuff that looks cute. I stick to stuff that just tastes good.

That shark :floorlaugh:

And the hedgehog, it reminds me of Pinhead from Hellraiser! Some poor child out there is still having nightmares. :scared:

My belly hurts from laughing so much!

I've long given up trying to make stuff that looks cute. I stick to stuff that just tastes good.

That shark :floorlaugh:

And the hedgehog, it reminds me of Pinhead from Hellraiser! Some poor child out there is still having nightmares. :scared:

That's what my son said "Mom, it tastes delicious and that's what counts." I thought to myself, my boy will make some lucky woman a great husband one day. :lol:

Hahaha Pinhead from Hellraiser! And that rabbit looked like roadkill, like it was literally scooped up from a road moments before! :floorlaugh:

Haha I looked at this with my morning coffee. I think I scared my husband by laughing out loud. I'm not a morning person and usually just grumble until I had my coffe and shower.
Thanks for the laugh.

I thought the funniest was the melting mermaid,:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
That's my frustration with Pinterest. Nobody tells you how they made anything. I've tried to recreate the decor for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah with limited success I think. Pix are on the How Crafty Are You thread if the links aren't broken.

The hedgehog cake...rofl, my boss and I are crying over this!

:floorlaugh: Ok, I get that cakes are what I do, and I don't expect everyone's cakes to look like mine. Heck there are tons of cake artists out there who blow me away every single day. What I will never understand is how the heck people make such an overwhelming mess out of putting frosting on a cake? Forget how they are decorated, just look at the frosting! I swear some of them look like a little kid did it with their bare hands!! :floorlaugh:
I have been very lucky, so far I have not had a cake order end in epic failure. There have been some that I have not been entirely pleased with, but thankfully nothing like those pictures.

Why does the hedgehog look like he's wearing dentures?? :floorlaugh:

Haha I looked at this with my morning coffee. I think I scared my husband by laughing out loud. I'm not a morning person and usually just grumble until I had my coffe and shower.
Thanks for the laugh.
I am too! I grumble and swear to God until I've had coffee and an hour of silence for my brain to wake up I don't even speak lol~ I used to be the exact opposite as a child, but as an Adult I absolutely hate mornings.

I tried the cookie dough bowls...and ended up with the identical fail as the photos.

My D-SiL wanted to know if I'd ever done it before, and I said, "why no...but I saw it on Pinterest. How hard could it be?"

ROFL. Been there, done that, laughed the whole way through.

Best-
Herding Cats

Cute and funny. Just don't start reading the comments over there! Some of them are amazing. It's so much easier to laugh than to criticize.

I love looking at Pinterest. Hard to stop, just flitting from one subject to another.

I thought the funniest was the melting mermaid,:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
That's my frustration with Pinterest. Nobody tells you how they made anything. I've tried to recreate the decor for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah with limited success I think. Pix are on the How Crafty Are You thread if the links aren't broken.

The *Nailed it* listed below is killing me!! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

An A for effort, but they missed a nail or two! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh:

The one with the Lamb..I had to look very closely at the background, I thought my sister had taken a picture of a cake my mom attempted to decorated..it looked eerily similiar..but it wasn't hers..

Tooo funny! We were gonna try the Cookie Monster cupcakes but now...maybe not!

Tooo funny! We were gonna try the Cookie Monster cupcakes but now...maybe not!

go for it...just don't ice it while the cupcakes and cookies are warm!
well that's what it looks like they did to me....LOL

I love it when something makes me laugh out loud... this nailed it!!

My brother's girlfriend had something on her FB about Pinterest photo fails. It was just as funny. Going to look for it.....brb

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back