810 users online (165 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74
Results 1,096 to 1,108 of 1108
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I think "now" is because before the search, they had gossip and suspicions and not a whole lot more. You certainly can't arrest on that. But once they finally found a way to get on his property and give it a thorough search, they have the benefit of everything that could be discovered from that search.

With the violence, I bet they'll start stacking sentences rather than running them concurrently. And with all the crimes they now have proof of, I suspect he'll be buried in jail, if he doesn't get fried.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24...rocute-inmates

Attorney General Says Tennessee Can Lawfully Electrocute Inmates

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 2:26 PM EDT
    Updated: Mar 14, 2014 2:26 PM EDT

Tennessee's electric chair (AP Photo/FILE)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The State Attorney General says Tennessee can lawfully use the electric chair on death row inmates if drugs used for lethal injection are not available.

Attorney General Bob Cooper's written legal opinion was issued this week as state lawmakers consider a bill that would allow condemned prisoners to be electrocuted if lethal injection is thwarted by big drug companies or the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Bingo! Re your comment about the interviews. That's why I'm so obsessed they prepare Clint.
    Im not too worried. After all, the truth is the truth. I guarantee Clint knows the exact story. It's not his fault that what has been relased in edited interviews, choppy written transcriptions etc. has been off. I bet too there are details not released to the public at all about what he saw/heard/did that, while useful to the prosecution would not be of any great use (aside from interest) to the public.

And hey, if ZA has some sort of corroborating alibi, etc. so be it. That is how things work, maddening as it can seem.

What may not make much sense to us now may not be an issue at all "big picture" with what LE has to work with.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24...rocute-inmates

Attorney General Says Tennessee Can Lawfully Electrocute Inmates

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 2:26 PM EDT
    Updated: Mar 14, 2014 2:26 PM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The State Attorney General says Tennessee can lawfully use the electric chair on death row inmates if drugs used for lethal injection are not available.

Attorney General Bob Cooper's written legal opinion was issued this week as state lawmakers consider a bill that would allow condemned prisoners to be electrocuted if lethal injection is thwarted by big drug companies or the courts.
    Works for me. Not that I have a problem with the needle, gas, rope, firing squad, guillotine, drawing and quartering... Even burning at the stake gets the job done, and you can make smores at the same time.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    The scream was from the Bobo house and not the woods. Mom told him it wasn't Drew. Sadly it was too late. Holly was gone.
    How would the neighbor know that when he lived 1/4 mile away? He wasn't even looking that way. He was out changing or putting oil in his vehicle at the time.

I don't think that will turnout to be correct.

I live in a rural area too and if our far away neighbors heard a scream they would also say they heard a scream up at our home/place. But they would just mean it came from the area where we lived not at our home exactly.

I think a lot of the true meaning may get lost if you aren't from the south and know how we speak when saying something. Those that don't live in the south tend to take what southerners say literally word for word when that isn't what they meant. Words have different meanings depending on what geographical area you live in.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

I really do hope that LE has enough evidence to where it wont matter. So long as LE can prove who committed the crime without using eyewitness testimony then hopefully the evidence will be overwhelming.

IMO, The defense will most likely call witnesses and show where certain statements were changed over time. They will most likely try to exploit this sort of thing to the fullest to try to put some sort of doubt in 1 jurors mind. The goal of the prosecution will be to have so much other evidence it hopefully will not matter as the defense goes with their tactics.

I've always wondered if a witness can just reply with "I dont remember anymore" if before they had said certain things. Cant a witness just claim they dont remember.
    Ive seen so many witnesses on the stand struggle and I was answering for them. "Tell them you dont remember or dont know".

I realize most people are trying to be honest and help but if they struggle and really cant come to a solid answer then they really dont know and should just say that. So it seems anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    Works for me. Not that I have a problem with the needle, gas, rope, firing squad, guillotine, drawing and quartering... Even burning at the stake gets the job done, and you can make smores at the same time.
    You forgot Public Stoning!

I believe someone gave LE information as to what happened on that day. Maybe as an eyewitness or true knowledge, I don't know. But when LE went onto that property it was with a vengeance. All search warrants in hand with full access. They knew exactly what they were looking for. Someone had told them, had to be. They took all assets, and even on a weekend. Very expensive search. And they looked until they found what they were there for. The timeline is not going to make or break this case. Or two inches of how tall he is. Just my opinions

Ya know, I do not really know who's testimony will be used and frankly do not think the defense is going to benefit in any way from it. TBI must have ZA dead to rights on his involvement for them to be able to charge him with murder and kidnapping. There was something found on his property that pretty much ties it up that he not only kidnapped Holly, but during the course of that kidnapping killed her.....and not accidentally. He would not be able to be held for this crime if the evidence did not directly point to him.

This will not be a circumstantial evidence case. It may be a case as to degree of murder, but that is about all the defense is going to be able to work with. That and if he had accessories to the crime, blaming them for the actual murder.

Think his goose is cooked and any testimony will be used for timeline reference only. They have been working on this for a number of years and It is my opinion we will finally get all the answers we have been waiting for. I do not think it will be before the trial though, unless he makes a plea deal for where the body of Holly can be found.

This is of course , only my thinking. I could be SOOOOO wrong! I sure hope not, the Bobo's have waited long enough for justice, would not want to see this thing drag out for more years.

Seems like some more recent arrests in ZA's circle of "friends." The people named in MSM as "flushing pearls" down the toilet were picked up. He (CB) is still in jail, but she (TC) bonded out on the 11th. Different county jails for each... (per Vinelink)

I believe the only haggling there is going to be is who actually did the killing. Of course the **brave** informant is going to say ZA did it. ZA is going to say the **brave** informant did it. I only hope LE did not deal ANYBODY full immunity. JMO's
    Last edited by jggordo; 03-15-2014 at 12:23 AM. Reason: typo

IMO, same thing is happening in the Heather Elvis case right now, people doubting the evidence before they have even heard any of it. Two weeks ago, everyone was elated by the arrests and convinced LE had done it right. Now, for no reason and no new info, lots of folks are doubtful they have enough to convict, seems like same thing is happening here. Anyway, just an observation...IMO it comes from not being used to wait for answers anymore, otherwise why would doubt set in, when we have not been told anything new?
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jggordo View Post
    I believe someone gave LE information as to what happened on that day. Maybe as an eyewitness or true knowledge, I don't know. But when LE went onto that property it was with a vengeance. All search warrants in hand with full access. They knew exactly what they were looking for. Someone had told them, had to be. They took all assets, and even on a weekend. Very expensive search. And they looked until they found what they were there for. The timeline is not going to make or break this case. Or two inches of how tall he is. Just my opinions
    I agree with you 100% and was preparing to make a post when I read yours. It seems to me that when TBI accessed the property, they searched predetermined locations. I don't think they searched everywhere. I also think that solid physical evidence was found and taken from the property by the person who came and left in the helicopter, taken possibly to the TBI crime lab for DNA tests ASAP. Hence the charges of kidnapping and murder a few days later.

Last edited by KateB; 05-24-2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74