1189 users online (243 members and 946 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    381

    LG Hollingsworth and the stinky box

    What is everyone's thoughts on this? I haven't found much information on it, just a statement made by Narlene that LG had a stinky box that he didn't want anyone to touch. Apparently he had the box on the day that the victims were found.

    To me this is so bizarre. I mean what could he have had in a box that would smell so bad?

    I really wish LG would have been investigated further.
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

    And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

  2. #2
    The Keystone Kops (wmpd) strike again! Why wasn't LG investigated further? How was he actually cleared, or was he? That seems to be a pervading problem with many of the supposed suspects. The wmpd say that someone is a suspect, but there is simply no evidence of how said suspects were cleared. It seems that this case generates endless questions. Hopefully, some day soon we will know the truth - but IMO it won't come from the State of Arkansas!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    The Keystone Kops (wmpd) strike again! Why wasn't LG investigated further? How was he actually cleared, or was he? That seems to be a pervading problem with many of the supposed suspects. The wmpd say that someone is a suspect, but there is simply no evidence of how said suspects were cleared. It seems that this case generates endless questions. Hopefully, some day soon we will know the truth - but IMO it won't come from the State of Arkansas!
    I can tell you how they were cleared. Because over the course of about 2 days, the wmpd typed up dozens of little memos that said they're clear. Solid investigatory work if you ask me.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    I can tell you how they were cleared. Because over the course of about 2 days, the wmpd typed up dozens of little memos that said they're clear. Solid investigatory work if you ask me.
    My point exactly!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    381
    To me it's just so crazy that some people weren't investigated further. They were just so determined to solve this crime in the least amount of time possible (I guess to further their reputations?) that they denied involvement of people who should have truly been investigated. It's so sad and quite honestly I don't see any real information coming out any time soon. To me it seems like since the 3 were released from prison, everyone just gave up trying to find who really did it.
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

    And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    381
    Oh, and this is what happens when cases get dragged on for years. Potential suspects start to die so no one will really ever know.
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

    And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

  7. #7
    I haven't given up on a resolution. I'm convinced that there is still "action" occurring, but it's behind the scenes and won't be made "public" until it's rock solid. Too often in this case information has been released that was misrepresented and therefore not taken seriously by LE. This time, I'm sure that the "defense" is waiting until there is sufficient, rock-solid information so that no one can doubt its veracity and its implication, including the State of Arkansas. In short, the information to come will close this case definitively! I just hope it's soon!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by missy_g View Post
    What is everyone's thoughts on this? I haven't found much information on it, just a statement made by Narlene that LG had a stinky box that he didn't want anyone to touch. Apparently he had the box on the day that the victims were found.

    To me this is so bizarre. I mean what could he have had in a box that would smell so bad?

    I really wish LG would have been investigated further.
    Possibly the missing underwear and five socks, that might have been used to mop up the crime scene ?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Cher Lockhomes View Post
    Possibly the missing underwear and five socks, that might have been used to mop up the crime scene ?
    Good guess, but unlikely. If you were going to mop up a crime scene, it would make more sense to use the t-shirts/pants, in that you could cover a wider surface area in faster time than with socks/underwear.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    Good guess, but unlikely. If you were going to mop up a crime scene, it would make more sense to use the t-shirts/pants, in that you could cover a wider surface area in faster time than with socks/underwear.
    Very true! I've often thought that the socks and underwear might be trophies. It would be interesting to see where they are found - if they are ever found.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    I've always been a little skeptical of the slicked/wiped down ditch bank. What was the evidence that was used to determine that the bank had in fact been cleaned that particular night?

    I used to frequent a waterhole with friends when I was younger and the banks always had a clean swept looking surface from all the traffic and water that passed over it.

    Is there something I've missed here?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gheckso View Post
    I've always been a little skeptical of the slicked/wiped down ditch bank. What was the evidence that was used to determine that the bank had in fact been cleaned that particular night?

    I used to frequent a waterhole with friends when I was younger and the banks always had a clean swept looking surface from all the traffic and water that passed over it.

    Is there something I've missed here?
    I agree! There's more than one way for a bank to have a "slicked off" look.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    Very true! I've often thought that the socks and underwear might be trophies. It would be interesting to see where they are found - if they are ever found.
    Have you ever wondered about the fact that there was 5 shoelaces missing from the boys' shoes, and 5 socks missing from the scene (as Cher Lockhomes points out above)? There seems to be a correlation of some sort there, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by gheckso View Post
    I've always been a little skeptical of the slicked/wiped down ditch bank. What was the evidence that was used to determine that the bank had in fact been cleaned that particular night?

    I used to frequent a waterhole with friends when I was younger and the banks always had a clean swept looking surface from all the traffic and water that passed over it.

    Is there something I've missed here?
    To answer this question directly (from memory), the prosecution determined that by the absence of leaves, sticks, and debris from the bank; compared to the immediate areas and other banks in the area.

    I agree with you though, it was and still is a weak argument for the prosecution.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    To answer this question directly (from memory), the prosecution determined that by the absence of leaves, sticks, and debris from the bank; compared to the immediate areas and other banks in the area.

    I agree with you though, it was and still is a weak argument for the prosecution.
    Yeah that's about as much as I thought. If this was a hangout for more than a few kids than I would expect there to be areas that are absent of debris and have a smooth compacted surface.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. AR AR - Verna Hollingsworth, 43, Fort Smith, 10 July 1985
    By OkieGranny in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2014, 02:11 PM
  2. Found Deceased TX - Linda Hollingsworth - 67 years old - Denton - 15-Jan-2013
    By summer_breeze in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM

Tags for this Thread