1566 users online (347 members and 1219 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WV - Megan Poston, Michael Dillon, Eddrick Clark and Donte Ward, Huntington, 2005

Police brought several people in for questioning and searched for clues Monday in the shooting deaths of four teenagers on the morning after the prom.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...94/detail.html

Police from four agencies were conducting at least two raids Monday morning in the Huntington area, but are not confirming a possible connection with the quadruple shooting deaths of four teens Sunday morning.

http://www.hdonline.com/2005/May/23/brknews.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

four teenagers shot to death

http://www.hdonline.com/2005/May/24/LNspot.htm

9 questioned in murders
    Police: ‘Strongest theory’ links murders of four teens to Detroit
    HUNTINGTON -- A buzz of police activity and a flood of tears fell upon the Greater Huntington area Monday as many continued to mourn the murder of four teenagers who were shot early Sunday morning.
    Two morning police raids and one traffic stop netted nine individuals Monday, but Huntington Police Capt. Steven Hall said none of them had been arrested or labeled as suspects in the quadruple murder.

Two morning police raids and one traffic stop netted nine individuals Monday, but Huntington Police Capt. Steven Hall said none of them had been arrested or labeled as suspects in the quadruple murder.

However, Cabell County Prosecutor Chris Chiles said Monday evening that some of the individuals had been arrested on unrelated charges.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

WV - Four teens shot to death, Huntington, 22 May 2005

these 4 kids look like good kids. Why did this happen?

The victims
    Eddrick Clark
    Michael Dillon
    Megan Poston
    Donté Ward

Seeing their pictures just breaks my heart.

This is to close to home. It seems that 1 victim was the target and the other 3 were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Donté Ward, incidentally, was the victim of another shooting Feb. 7 in the 1600 block of 8th Avenue, according to a Huntington Police Department report that refers to the incident as a malicious wounding.

Four teenagers were shot to death outside a home over the weekend, and a girl who lives next door told her mother she heard gunfire and a girl pleading for her life.

Christy Thomas, a neighbor of Ward's, said her 12-year-old daughter awoke early Sunday to the sound of gunshots and screaming, and saw two bodies when she looked out her bedroom window.

"She said the gunshots sounded like cannons going off," said Thomas, who was at work at the time. "She said she heard a girl say, 'Please don't shoot me, please don't shoot me.'"

Three of the teens were dead when police arrived and the fourth died a short time later at Cabell-Huntington Hospital, police said.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...052307938.html

Promgoers May Have Been Killed So Shooter Wouldn't Be Caught

Police believe a 19-year-old man may have been the intended target when he was gunned down in his front yard along with three teens, but authorities were no closer to knowing what prompted the shootings.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...68/detail.html

They call it the Detroit connection.

It's a link police say is responsible for importing a steady flow of drugs and crime to Huntington, W.Va. It now is the focus of an investigation into the deaths of four teenagers, found shot outside a Huntington home early Sunday morning after a local high school prom.

"Do I think the murders have a Detroit connection? Yes," Huntington Police Capt. Steven Hall said Tuesday. "A substantial amount of our violent crime stems from Detroit."

http://www.detnews.com/2005/metro/05...A03-192998.htm

Investigators have leveled firearm, drug and stolen property charges against several individuals, many from Detroit, as they sift through numerous interviews and tips looking for those responsible in killing four area teenagers early Sunday morning.

However, no charges directly related to the deaths had been filed as of Tuesday evening

http://www.hdonline.com/2005/May/25/LNspot.htm

Hall said the community’s response has been better than expected, and regional departments -- including agencies in Lexington, Ky., and Hanging Rock, Ohio -- have offered information from previous Detroit-related drug investigations

Hall said his department also has gained usable information from recent Detroit arrestees charged with unrelated crimes.

Hall said more unrelated arrests have been made since Monday as detectives continue questioning almost anyone with Detroit ties.

According to department reports, one traffic stop Wednesday nabbed a Michigan man with $2,027, two cell phones, 32.4 grams of marijuana in his shoes and a contact list of names and phone numbers.

http://www.hdonline.com/2005/May/27/LNspot.htm

A woman being held in Detroit could be a key to solving the slayings of four teens in Huntington last month.

The Detroit News reported Monday that Cherylethia Glenchelle Holmes, 23, was arrested Friday on federal drug charges.

But Police Capt. Steve Hall told 13 News Monday that Holmes is "not linked to the murders."

The teens, who were killed about 4:30 a.m. on May 22, were:

Eddrick Clark, 18, of South Point, Ohio.
    Michael Dillon, a 17-year-old junior at Huntington High School.
    Megan Poston of Barboursville, a 16-year-old junior at Cabell Midland High School.
    Donte Ward, 19. The slayings occurred outside his home on Charleston Avenue.

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=v...y&storyid=3221

Here is a story about the cold case thanks to Tulessa. It has been 10 years since the murders.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/C...304757831.html

Where -- and who -- were four teenagers "shot to death"? No way to tell from the thread title.

"After the prom" doesn't tell me much, either.

PLEASE, when opening threads, include some specific information in the thread title.

Too many thread titles read like tabloid headlines, and mods constantly have to edit titles to reflect at least some pertinent info.

I don't think it's too much to ask for a state prefix and a suspect's or vicitm's name.

Example: XX - John Doe, blah blah blah...month/year

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

COLD CASE: Prom Night Murders 10 Years Later

Updated: Fri 7:46 PM, May 22, 2015

By: Dan Griffin

[...]
    Megan Poston, Michael Dillon, Eddrick Clark and Donte Ward were all killed.

It happened outside Ward's apartment on Charleston Avenue in Huntington.
    Ten years later, the family still has unanswered questions and no closure, because no one has ever been charged with their murders.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast