Bizarre News Lurkers/Guests

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
I see lots of guests reading the Bizarre News Forum

Sign up! come in and say hi... comment on a story and join the fun. :p The more the merrier :dance:

By all means, join the party. Some days you just need to hear about someone who makes you feel like a real genius. At least I do!

Hiya gang! I don't post in this forum as much, mostly cause I'm dumbfounded or disgusted by most of the news!! Came here tonight, though, hoping to figure out a bizarre courtroom scene I saw earlier this evening (5/24) on Court TV. I had the tv muted because I was on the phone, but they showed a young defendant with what appeared to be a plastic mask (like Hannibal Lector's face restraint), then they showed the people in the courtroom and a woman jumped up and got hysterical and had to be subdued. I can't find anything on CTV in their Trials section or Open Court section of the Message Boards. I didn't catch the name of the case or defendant, but there can't be very many defendants who for some reason or other, have to wear a white plastic thing over their face!! Anyone know what case this is? Why he had that on his face? Sure was bizarre!!

SieSie said:
Hiya gang! I don't post in this forum as much, mostly cause I'm dumbfounded or disgusted by most of the news!! Came here tonight, though, hoping to figure out a bizarre courtroom scene I saw earlier this evening (5/24) on Court TV. I had the tv muted because I was on the phone, but they showed a young defendant with what appeared to be a plastic mask (like Hannibal Lector's face restraint), then they showed the people in the courtroom and a woman jumped up and got hysterical and had to be subdued. I can't find anything on CTV in their Trials section or Open Court section of the Message Boards. I didn't catch the name of the case or defendant, but there can't be very many defendants who for some reason or other, have to wear a white plastic thing over their face!! Anyone know what case this is? Why he had that on his face? Sure was bizarre!!

Siesie, could this have been a mask that they use in burn rehab? Sometimes they have to wear a mask that fits tightly to help reduce the scarring. Just a thought.

I see guests and lurkers in all of the forums. I want to offer my invitation to all of you also. Join the fun! I am basically a pretty shy person, and found it intimidating to post the first time. Weelllll, I have managed to get over that, and now they can't shut me up!!!! Seriously, join in and give us your thoughts and viewpoints.

SieSie said:
I didn't catch the name of the case or defendant, but there can't be very many defendants who for some reason or other, have to wear a white plastic thing over their face!! Anyone know what case this is? Why he had that on his face? Sure was bizarre!!
Could it have been the guy in Rhode Island who killed a police officer a few weeks ago? The last time I read about that story (in the Boston Globe, I believe) there was a photo of him in that mask. It was to keep him from spitting/biting.

ETA: Here's a new story with lovely full color photo:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/rh...sults_of_probe_into_murder_suspects_handling/

Mysteriew said:
Siesie, could this have been a mask that they use in burn rehab? Sometimes they have to wear a mask that fits tightly to help reduce the scarring. Just a thought.
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that - but found out (thanks to Hammerized) that it was a mask to prevent him from spitting or biting.

Hammerized said:
Could it have been the guy in Rhode Island who killed a police officer a few weeks ago? The last time I read about that story (in the Boston Globe, I believe) there was a photo of him in that mask. It was to keep him from spitting/biting.

ETA: Here's a new story with lovely full color photo:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/rh...sults_of_probe_into_murder_suspects_handling/

Wow, Hammerized - that's it! Thanks so much for finding it!!! Here's the pic:
bMaskDefendant.jpg

This picture just really creeps me out for some reason - even now that I know that it's a mask to prevent him from biting/spitting. Maybe because he's so badly beaten along with the mask - I'm not sure what, but it's just a picture I couldn't get out of my mind and it was driving me nuts not to know what it was (or what case so I could look it up!). I have never seen such a thing before, guess I'm naiive. Thanks for the link!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back