OR OR - Debra Morgan-Sparks, 48, Bonanza, 22 February 2014

Lilibet

Southern Oregon
Reaction score
KLAMATH COUNTY SHERIFF SEEKING HELP FINDING MISSING BONANZA WOMAN

Posted: Tue, March 4 2014 at 11:57 PM, Updated: Wed, March 5 2014 at 12:06 AM

Klamath Falls, Ore. -- Deputies in Klamath County are seeking your help in finding 48 year-old Debra Luanne Morgan, also known as Debra Sparks.

The Bonanza woman has been missing for more than a week.

Deputies say she walked away from her vehicle on Bly Mountain back on February 22nd.

She's described as 5-feet-7-inches tall, 135 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

The Sheriff's Office urges anyone with information on her whereabouts to call 911.

http://kobi5.com/news/local-news/it...nding-missing-bonanza-woman.html#.Uxvp75K9KSM

BBM
Photo in link. I wasn't able to paste the photo.

Debra LuAnn Morgan-Sparks, 48, was last seen the evening of Feb. 22 near her cabin in the 34000 block of Polar Bear Lane, Bonanza. According to her daughter, Samantha Barry, Morgan-Sparks left the residence after an argument with her husband.

She took her hairless Chihuahua “Buddy” with her, according to Barry.

When Morgan-Sparks did not return home, several family members searched the surrounding area. They found a headband Morgan-Sparks had been wearing, as well as Buddy’s collar, between the cabin and a wooded area.

Barry described her mother as 5 feet 5 inches tall, approximately 130 pounds, with short brown hair that contains blonde highlights. She has hazel eyes and a large, elaborate wizard tattoo on her back, as well as a distinctive circle-shaped scar on one of her hands.

A missing persons report has been filed with the Klamath County Sheriff’s Office, Barry said. There isn’t any current indication of foul play that has been communicated to the family, she added.

Anyone with information on Morgan-Sparks can contact the KCSO at 541-883-5130 or call Barry directly at 985-250-9686.

http://www.heraldandnews.com/news/article_9bc50944-a427-11e3-adde-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

BBM

Debra's daughter posted on the KOBI FB page March 2 and said she may be in Klamath Falls. She said she may be in danger. The poor family must be frantic.

https://www.facebook.com/kobitv?filter=2

So far, there isn't a lot of news coverage with more details other than what I've posted here.

If anyone is able to get the photos from the links to post here, I'd really appreciate it. I seem to be missing a step when I try it. Thanks!

I played around on some maps and found that Debra lives over 14 miles from Bonanza just off Oregon 140. I think the area she lives in must be called Bly Mountain since the mountain is nearby, and 140 crosses Bly Mountain Pass not far from her road. Polar Bear Lane has only a few houses or mobile homes quite spread out. I'm sorry not to link a map (nothing is working for me tonight), but googling will get you there.

When I first heard she was missing and was said to have been seen when she walked away from her vehicle on Bly Mountain, I assumed she had driven to a trailhead. But the more detailed article I posted said that she left her cabin on Polar Bear Lane and hadn't been seen again. I'm not getting the impression that there was a sighting after she left the cabin.

I don't like the fact that her headband and dog's collar were found. I'm not sure what it means, but it sounds strange. When I googled around with Polar Bear Lane, I found an arrest of a man on March 2 on the same part of the road. It was for several failure-to-appear bench warrants for disorderly conduct, criminal mischief, menacing, unlawful use of a weapon. It probably isn't connected, but it creeped me out. I really hope she is OK.

Here is her photo from the media page...

Sorry it came out so large...

Thanks, but this is a different young woman who is missing from Central Point, OR named Audrey Blackwell. I checked her out this morning and found that she had been arrested for burglary and released on her own recognizance a few days before she disappeared. Under the circumstances, I decided not to start a thread right now. That's just me. :)

The link below will take you to the photo of Debra. I've forgotten how to do thumbnails. :banghead:

https://www.facebook.com/kobitv/pho...7174128329907/636217016425613/?type=1&theater

03.04%20debra%20morgan_49efc907de1fc84490539e332580e977.jpg

And another, but this one is fuzzy. . .

5316b7604d1ef.preview-300.gif

Btw-Lilibet, right click on the image you want to post, select "copy image url", return to WS page and click on the little yellow box that says "insert image", a box will pop up, paste url into that box. :)

I just wanted to add, I don't like that they found the dog's collar. That's pretty weird. Why would anyone remove the collar for the dog??

I just wanted to add, I don't like that they found the dog's collar. That's pretty weird. Why would anyone remove the collar for the dog??

Unless it is one of those specific "break-a-way collars", where the collar could come loose, as opposed to a Martingale dog collar.
IMOO.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I found someone in Debra's "neighborhood" on Polar Bear Lane who was arrested March 2 on failure-to-appear bench warrants for menacing and unlawful use of a weapon among other things. Now I've found someone else at the same address who was arrested in January 2014 and September 2013. The worst charge was probation violation for Assault 4. This person has arrests dating back at least to 2005.

So now we have two lawless characters who are both in their late 40's living very close to (or with??) Debra. Her "cabin" is said to be in the 34000 "block" of Polar Bear Lane. The address of these two men is the only address I have found so far in that range, but it is a mobile home according to Trulia (not exactly a cabin). Other than their arrests, I haven't found out anything else about them so far. I don't know if one of them is Debra's "husband" with whom she argued (names are different). Or they may just be neighbors. I hope LE is taking a close look at both of them, in any case.

I think I would be violating TOS if I posted links. But at least they're on the radar if a POI is named.

One thing I'd really like to know is when and by whom Debra was reported missing. Her daughter SB (who lives out of state) posted to KOBI FB on March 2 or 3 and it didn't hit the news until a day or two later. Debra disappeared Feb. 22. Was there really a 7-10 day delay before she was reported missing? If so, why? Or am I overlooking something?

So it could be used to strangle it more easily. :(

Article which highlights the case of three missing women in the area, including Debra, with a surprising comment underneath. I checked it out - I'm sure it's impossible, but I see what the commenter means.....

http://kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/three-local-women-still-missing.html#.Uz6e1csaySP

Nice catch Zwie. I don't think it's possible either, but the resemblance is uncanny. Debra is from WA, so maybe this woman is a relative. I checked Debra's FB friends, but no match.

Article which highlights the case of three missing women in the area, including Debra, with a surprising comment underneath. I checked it out - I'm sure it's impossible, but I see what the commenter means.....

http://kobi5.com/news/local-news/item/three-local-women-still-missing.html#.Uz6e1csaySP

Nice catch Zwie. I don't think it's possible either, but the resemblance is uncanny. Debra is from WA, so maybe this woman is a relative. I checked Debra's FB friends, but no match.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Video-Shows-Children-Taken-with-Stolen-Car-249678401.html

Bumping for Debra. No news. No Find Debra FB page. Nothing on the kids pages. :(

I keep looking for news about Debra, but there is nothing. Sadly, I don't see anyone really trying to find her. Why?

Where is Debra? Still no news and no sign that anyone cares what happened to her. How sad!

Bumping for Debra...again. Still no news. Where is she?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back