1239 users online (275 members and 964 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Terry Trafford, 20, Saginaw, 3 March 2014

Terry Trafford

Saginaw Spirit hockey player Terry Trafford missing for nearly one week, OHL team president confirms -

SAGINAW, MI —
    A Saginaw Spirit player is missing after he was last seen nearly a week ago, according to the president of the Ontario Hockey League team.
    Terry Trafford, a 20-year-old center who has played several seasons with the Spirit, reportedly disappeared after spending time at the Dow Event Center on Monday, March 3. "The last time he was seen by us was Monday morning, March 3," said Craig Goslin, president and managing partner of the Saginaw Spirit. "We're very concerned for the young man. We hope and pray that he's found soon.
    http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ss...r_missing.html
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

A few more details, a worrisome text to his girlfriend.

http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ss...it_player.html

I hope he has just gone somewhere to clear his head.

Missing Saginaw Spirit hockey player Terry Trafford was in trouble with team, girlfriend says

Skye Cieszlak, who has dated Trafford since he first came to Saginaw in 2010, said she believes Trafford was cut from the Ontario Hockey League team prior to his disappearance on Monday, March 3.
    "He had gotten into trouble for partying on a road trip and they were sending him home for good," Cieszlak said. "He was devastated."
    she last heard from Trafford on Sunday, March 2, when he sent her multiple text messages saying that he loved her. He also sent a message that greatly concerned Cieszlak.

"He texted me and told me his life was over and that he didn't want to do it anymore," Cieszlak said.
    http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ss...it_player.html

Between the hard partying and the years of a very traumatic contact sport, I worry in cases like this if he doesn't have the beginnings of a frontal lobe injury which would inhibit his ability to make calm and good decisions, especially in a brain where the prefrontal cortex is still developing, as it does until 25. I wonder how many concussions he's had.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

Being 20yrs old, it is his last year in the OHL, unless a team picks him up as an over ager for his 21st year. Being cut from his team means the end of his hockey career, as no other OHL team would pick him up now. Must have been a very depressing time for him to hear that he was being cut from the team.

Video interview with Terry's parents and girlfriend (posted March 9th, 2:25pm ET): http://www.680news.com/2014/03/09/ju...in-u-s-family/

"Saginaw Spirit's Terry Trafford, missing for one week, sparks #prayingforterry hashtag" (posted March 10, 1:16pm ET): http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/in..._terry_tr.html

Please, please be okay Terry.

hmm, so he didn't cross the border back into Canada. Woudl there be an active search going on by US LE, even if he is not a citizen?

Prayers for Terry to reach out, I pray he is safe and just needed a little time to ground himself.

Does he have a cell phone ? When was it last active.
    This sounds very scary.
    Don't mind the misspellings.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...since-march-3/

OHL player Terry Trafford missing since March 3

Toronto police released a statement requesting assistance in finding Terry Trafford of the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit, as the 20-year-old was last seen at a practice on March 3. The OHL also provided a statement regarding the missing player:
    Toronto, ON – Terry Trafford, a player with the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit has been missing since Monday March 3, 2014. The OHL is very concerned with Terry’s whereabouts and safety. We have been in contact with Terry’s parents and are in daily contact with the Spirit.

We have reached out to our teams and players encouraging them to come forward with any information that they may have and we remain committed to forwarding any and all relevant information to the police.

We are very hopeful that Terry will return home safely soon.

The Toronto Star has a little more.
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...da_police.html

“We, along with the Ontario Hockey League, have been working diligently and doing all that is possible to assist in the process of locating Terry,” Saginaw Spirit managing partner Craig Goslin said. “Our primary concern remains to assist the professionals that are diligently working to locate Terry and all activities have been focused on that support for them.”

Trafford’s former teammate and Calgary Flames forward Sean Monahan shared his best wishes on Sunday

ETA- I get emails about what is happening in the Hockey world daily, sometimes more. Amazed this is the first I have heard about this. (And I live in MI, not heard a thing).
    WINTER IS COMING...

“Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
    “The heart lies and the head plays tricks with us, but the eyes see true.”
    “So be it. I'll wear my iron and hold my tongue. A man who won't listen can't hear.”

i hope he is found safely, and soon!

from Twitter:

Sunaya Sapurji ‏@sunayas · 26m
    Michigan State Police confirm car matching Terry Trafford's containing an unidentified male body has been found in Saginaw township. #OHL

Toronto police have also confirmed

CP24 ‏@CP24 1 min
    Toronto police say vehicle matching one belonging to missing hockey player Terry Trafford has been found in Michigan with male body inside.

This doesn't sound good. I hope he just needed to get away to get his head on straight.

p.s. I wrote this before the posts about the body went up.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I had hoped he was just "checked out" to get his head right.
    WINTER IS COMING...

“Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."
    “The heart lies and the head plays tricks with us, but the eyes see true.”
    “So be it. I'll wear my iron and hold my tongue. A man who won't listen can't hear.”

wow, Jasmine Joseph in NY - same thing, body found in her car today. Suicide. I think I am signing off today. This is a hard day.

Jasmine's thread is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=236587&page=4
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast