F.B.I. Agent Accused Of Shoplifting 36 Cents Worth Of Wire From N.J. Store

OriginalJerseyGirl

CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
Reaction score
Okay, this isn't really bizarre or off-beat but it is incredibly stupid:

NBC10.com - News - F.B.I. Agent Accused Of Shoplifting 36 Cents Worth Of Wire From N.J. Store

If Accusations True, Petit Larceny Could Cost Agent His Job

Thirty-six cents worth of wire could short-circuit an F.B.I. agent's career in New Jersey.

Thomas Jobs is accused of shoplifting four-and-a-half feet of wire from The Home Depot in West Long Branch. Police say the 51-year-old cut the wire from a 500-foot spool and left without paying...

1986 said:
Maybe he was undercover?
Wouldn't LE have been able to determine that? This blurb states that he could lose his job over it so unless the full details haven't been released, it doesn't seem so.

why didn't he just walk in there, flash the badge and say he was requistioning it for the FBI????? Would have worked for me.

JerseyGirl said:
Wouldn't LE have been able to determine that? This blurb states that he could lose his job over it so unless the full details haven't been released, it doesn't seem so.
I was being sarcastic. I guess the guy just thinks he's above the law.

1986 said:
I was being sarcastic. I guess the guy just thinks he's above the law.
LOL ... sorry. :doh: Sometimes it's so hard to tell without intonation. I'm very sorry for being so dense on this one!!!

what if this was an honest mistake??
seriously, I've walked out of some stores with unpaid for
merchandise and not even realize it.

I would return it immediately and be BRIGHT red!!! :blushing:

sharon25 said:
what if this was an honest mistake??
seriously, I've walked out of some stores with unpaid for
merchandise and not even realize it.

I would return it immediately and be BRIGHT red!!! :blushing:
I almost did that yesterday!! Bought some fabric at Joann and laid the cut pieces on top of some fat quarters..the cashier just rang up the cut pieces from the cutting ticket and didn't ring up the fat quarters...thankfully I caught it before I walked out:p

Anyway, if he did do it on purpose I agree...incredibly stupid!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back