1337 users online (235 members and 1102 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Canada - Jeffrey Boucher, 52, Whitby ON, 13 Jan 2014 - #5

Jeffrey Boucher

Jeffrey Boucher is a 52 year old teacher at Bowmanville High School and an avid runner who has gone missing. He was last seen on Monday morning January, 13th, 2014 to go on a run. He never returned home. Normally, Boucher's daily runs go on for about 10 kilometers (6.2 miles), but he does not keep to the same route. When he failed to return home, his wife contacted authorities, and a search was then ensued. Boucher is a white male, 6', he weighs 180 lbs, he has graying brown hair with brown eyes.

Please contact the Durham regional police at 1-888-579-1520.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/01/13/po...ng-whitby-man/

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Verified insider: Mommybear
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: repair url tags.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Please continue here and remember the rules. You can find them right here:

The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

AND don't overlook these!!!!

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

MINORS: Websleuths.com™ does not allow the naming of, or photographs of, minors (children under the age of 18) on the Site unless the child is a missing or deceased person or where law enforcement has identified the minor as a perpetrator of a crime and the minor will be tried as an adult. If a missing child is found and it is learned that such minor was the victim of child exploitation, references to the child’s name and likeness will be removed, and further posting of such information will not be allowed.

Thanks,

Cat
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Please continue here...

Thanks, Cat!
    JMO.

:bananalama:

Responding back to Day Cruiser from the last thread.

Not all auto impacts result in blood. Yes it should have been obvious if there was blood. What I was thinking was more shock related.

I am not so sure about getting into a car as what does a runner have to steal? They don't carry much if any money, possibly an ID but more are just using a special runners ID tag. Jeffery is not young nor a woman, so that rules out the majority of serial killers, rapists and pedophiles. Seems a very low probability to me that it was someone riding around in those conditions looking for an older male to abduct.

I will however grant you that JB could have been hit by a car who stopped, picked him up and dumped him elsewhere so as to delay any investigation and ensure there was no forensic evidence such as paint chips, traceable glass fragments etc...

There are always outlier possibilities. If all else comes up empty, those can be evaluated and brought to the front for evaluation.

I wish there were a kinder way of putting all this so as to spare family additional grief.
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Missing Persons Cases:
    Lauren Jackson, Amanda DeGuio, Ray Gricar, Kortne Stouffer, Jamie Metzger, Toni Sharpless

"I'm not smarter than anyone else, I'm just more stubborn", "There are only two things you need to be a great homicide detective. The first is an intimate knowledge of the law. The second: An undying sense of curiosity. What happened here, and who made it happen?", "There are three motives in most murder cases: sex, money, or revenge. - Detective Joe Kenda

"Never assume you know anything or everything about a missing person, a POI or the details of a case" - Me

But wouldn't dogs be able to track where he was running?

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    NEW K9 SAR Questions & Answers-Ask the Pros! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

K9-SAR question and answer thread.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    It's OK Nursebeeme, I'll elaborate.

Scent is disrupted by wind, auto exhaust, temperature and weather conditions. It also depends on the type dog used. Air Scent or Ground Scent.

Scent also has a "shelf life". There are also a host of ways the dog can be thrown off scent including the method of handling the scent article used to imprint the dog.

If he is under snow, there might be little to no scent at this point. Cold enough to prevent decomposition. Someone flat on the ground can be covered by a small amount of snow.

If the dog was air scent, it may have not picked up the ground scent. Ground scent dogs are much better at this.
    Unless otherwise noted, my posts are opinions or theories only and may not be used outside of WS unless permission is requested in advance.

Please help find Lauren Jackson Missing since 1988 Spring City PA

Pennsylvania Missing Persons Cases:
    Lauren Jackson, Amanda DeGuio, Ray Gricar, Kortne Stouffer, Jamie Metzger, Toni Sharpless

"I'm not smarter than anyone else, I'm just more stubborn", "There are only two things you need to be a great homicide detective. The first is an intimate knowledge of the law. The second: An undying sense of curiosity. What happened here, and who made it happen?", "There are three motives in most murder cases: sex, money, or revenge. - Detective Joe Kenda

"Never assume you know anything or everything about a missing person, a POI or the details of a case" - Me

Just a note that I sent a follow-up reminder to the rep from Smart Centres about the snow plows, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Dropping by to thank you all for continuing to try and help mommybear!

You remain in my prayers, mommybear ~

Thank your tracker I appreciate your reply!

Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.

Today's Dog Walk/Putting up Flyers

I should be in the Whitby area by 1:00pm.

I called GO transit to ask permission to put up a flyer at the station. The person who may be able to give the approval is away until tomorrow. If they say 'yes' tomorrow, can someone drop off a JB missing poster there tomorrow? (I offered to leave one with the GO staff there, but they said no.)

In reply to dairydog & brian from previous thread.

Generally, people are allowed to go missing. It is none of the Governments business if they choose to do so. However most agencies will upon locating the MP will notify the filing party of the MP's welfare.

This legality makes the cases for LE somewhat difficult as the legally missing don't notify authorities first, understandably.

There are criteria that determines actions in some cases in some countries.
    For example when a child goes missing there is a protocol that usually demands a BOLO be issued, Amber alerts, National crime database entries in some countries, etc.

With adults, it's a different protocol depending on certain criteria such as medical, risk, drugs, profession, etc.

With respect to investigations, LE represent the full weight and authority of the "State" or Government" or "Crown" and must be careful WRT how aggressive they pursue the leads in a free and democratic society.
    Just as is seen on this forum, some of the views, comments and innuendos would be cause for disciplinary action on an investigator in dealing with the public in that manner. In addition, that kind of behavior by the "Agents of the State" could violate Constitutional and Charter Rights.

As far as the mechanics of investigations....If you want to kill an investigation, get off on the wrong foot and waste precious time, take a snapshot in time rather than start very broad and with a wide prospective. It's always easier to start with a big loop and tighten it/focus than to get tunnel vision and only look at the "obvious." It's much like a vehicle accident, you must not simply consider the final rest of the vehicle but also what was happening pre-impact, at impact and at final rest to understand the "big picture of the car wreck."

I, as you do, have an opinion based on facts, past court cases, Ombudsman and SIU reports, and personal observation WRT competency of some LE here.

In most cases, keeping the public aware, engaged and active is the difference between success and failure long after the physical LE investigation and those leads bog down.

I feel confident that with continued LE investigation and public's active interest, the answers will be forthcoming.
    Ignorance deceptively wins the argument with knowledge.....you see, knowledge is limited at any given point in time, ignorance is not.

This runner came to a tragic end after this fluke accident..
    bbm.

http://www.thecomet.net/news/inquest...able_1_3259019
    "Dr James Kew, who worked as a scientist at GlaxoSmithKline in Stevenage, was killed when he ran into an 11,000 volt electrical cable on July 24, 2012, in a field in Newport, Essex, an inquest heard.

The 41-year-old father-of-two was running at speed when he came into contact with the wire, hanging at around neck height, and died instantly.

Returning a narrative verdict, the jury said: “Dr James Kew accidently died as a result of coming into contact with a high voltage electrical cable which had been reported and was in the process of being responded to, but where the power had not been deactivated through an under-estimation of the risk to human life.”

During the three-day inquest jurors were told how a walker heading along the footpath before Dr Kew had ducked underneath the wire which “suddenly appeared” and was “at waist height”

Books about running that might be of interest.
    http://www.themillions.com/2013/10/p...-brewster.html

I was in Whitby today visiting a friend and after I went for a drive around just thinking and looking. I was so distracted looking at wooded areas that I probably should have been walking instead of driving. I wish I could have had time to get out and actually look in places. Thinking about you every day MB and wish I could help.

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast