2nd Plea Deal Offered to Raven Abaroa Today! 3/11/14-

What do you think some of the reasons for another plea deal could be? The first one was for 19-24 years. this one does not say how many years the state would ask for.
All I can think of is maybe the length of time since the murder plus the cost of another trial,
Do you think the state thinks their case is weak? RA only got a mistrial by 1 vote the first trial.
I guess we will know soon enough.I know NC is set for new trials for B.Cooper, M.Peterson and possibly J.Young.

No, I don't think their case is weak at all. RA was ALMOST convicted at his first trial.....only 1 juror held out.

Pretrial motions 10:00 AM today (if not preempted by plea deal).

Raven just took an Alford plea for voluntary manslaughter. 95-123 months in prison, including time served.

He's laughing during the hearing. Makes me want to vomit.

As I'm hearing Charlene recount all of the damning evidence against Raven, I find myself shaking my head that the one juror could not convict at the previous trial. I recognize we're not hearing from the defense, but IT IS SO OBVIOUS THAT HE IS GUILTY. My goodness.

I guess Raven didn't want to roll the dice, does he get credit for time served?
How much time will he actually do?

I am in shock.

What I read online said he could be out as soon as 2018. (Credit for time served, etc.) Amounting to 8 to 10 years. I feel so sad for Janet's family.

Not to sound idiotic but can anyone explain to me what 'Voluntary Manslaughter' is? I've heard of 'Involuntary Manslaughter' (accidental death) but I don't understand the former.

I started this thread without knowing there was another older one, sorry!
I just want to ask anyone why the state offered a plea to begin with.

Not to sound idiotic but can anyone explain to me what 'Voluntary Manslaughter' is? I've heard of 'Involuntary Manslaughter' (accidental death) but I don't understand the former.

Voluntary manslaughter means more in the heat of passion.

I know only a little about this case, for the ones who have followed it closely do you think he will kill again and why? TIA

Frigga,

I think it's only a matter of time. After Janet was gone, he married again, a few years later. And he started maligning the new wife not too long after they were wed. Started telling people she was depressed and crazy and such ... almost like setting up a second act to what happened to Janet. I think it'll only be a matter of time, once he's released, before he finds someone new ... and the cycle will continue and spiral downward from there.

There is no way to tell what will happen in the future, but this whole plea deal does not make sense.

I know only a little about this case, for the ones who have followed it closely do you think he will kill again and why? TIA

I can tell you why I think he can and will kill again, he's a sociopath, he never has had to take responsibility for anything he has done. He has stolen, he is a sexual predator, he's an embezzler, he's got an abusive personality, and he's a murderer and one again he gets a slap on the wrist and he thinks because he says he's innocent people should believe him, because he's better than everyone else.

He honestly believes people will believe him. He also has people behind him, that know what he really is but have been to afraid of him and his Mother to come forward.

Look at what he said, he didn't get a fair trial last time. Seriously? Was he at the same trial we watched last time? His trial was EXTREMELY FAIR. How was his attorneys able to sit there with a straight face when he stated he did not receive a fair trial? Does that mean the dynamic duo of Tyndall and Dexter didn't represent him to the best of their ability? They may have gotten the best deal for this murderer that they could, and this is the thanks he gives them....I'd be disgusted in my client for publicly humiliating me by stating I didn't give my client the best defense and the trial was unfair.

He would have been found guilty of first degree this go round, and gotten life which is where he belongs. I'm sad there was a plea deal but for the Christiansen family, I can see that the emotional turmoil over the years has caused them so much hardship.

Guess we'll see what happens in four years when this convicted murderer gets out of jail. I'm sure we'll hear about him in the news again soon.

Raven, the dream police will still be here waiting for you to mess up again in the future, you can bank on that!

I can tell you why I think he can and will kill again, he's a sociopath, he never has had to take responsibility for anything he has done. He has stolen, he is a sexual predator, he's an embezzler, he's got an abusive personality, and he's a murderer and one again he gets a slap on the wrist and he thinks because he says he's innocent people should believe him, because he's better than everyone else.

He honestly believes people will believe him. He also has people behind him, that know what he really is but have been to afraid of him and his Mother to come forward.

Look at what he said, he didn't get a fair trial last time. Seriously? Was he at the same trial we watched last time? His trial was EXTREMELY FAIR. How was his attorneys able to sit there with a straight face when he stated he did not receive a fair trial? Does that mean the dynamic duo of Tyndall and Dexter didn't represent him to the best of their ability? They may have gotten the best deal for this murderer that they could, and this is the thanks he gives them....I'd be disgusted in my client for publicly humiliating me by stating I didn't give my client the best defense and the trial was unfair.

He would have been found guilty of first degree this go round, and gotten life which is where he belongs. I'm sad there was a plea deal but for the Christiansen family, I can see that the emotional turmoil over the years has caused them so much hardship.

Guess we'll see what happens in four years when this convicted murderer gets out of jail. I'm sure we'll hear about him in the news again soon.

Raven, the dream police will still be here waiting for you to mess up again in the future, you can bank on that!
Bold by me.... because I agree with Trix completely.

For a guy that thinks he is so much smarter than he is, this is the first smart thing he has done.... take the plea deal. He got off so damn easy. He can't help himself, imo, the only thing he knows is emotional terrorism. Physical and mental torture. He's a monster and I'm sure he will continue to destroy the people that trust him, if there are any, in the future. And unfortunately, you gotta know that there will be women in the future that will trust him, think they can change him, fall for his "poor me, my wife was murdered and I got blamed" story especially when he goes back to church and plays the good little Morman boy again. Raven isn't finished and I fear that when he does get out of prison that he'll be worse than he ever was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back