997 users online (169 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Rebecca Schaller, 29, found dead; sister held captive, Burnet, 28 Jan 2014

3 arrested, accused in Burnet kidnapping, assault

BURNET, Texas -- Three people have been arrested in connection with the kidnapping and assault of a Burnet woman.

According to Burnet police, a two-month investigation revealed that an adult female was held against her will at a Burnet home and repeatedly assaulted for up to a year. Police have not released the woman's name

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/Three...249576981.html

I wish they would release her name so we would know if she is someone who has been missing.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Burnet Police: Woman severely beaten, locked inside home for a year

BURNET, Texas (KXAN) A woman held against her will and repeatedly assaulted in Burnet for as much as a year was freed after police detained three people suspected of beating her.

Burnet police arrested Charlotte Elaine Arms, 45, Thomas Allon Simon, 31, and Walker Wayne Shapland, 24, after a 2-month-long investigation

http://kxan.com/2014/03/11/burnet-po...me-for-a-year/

I wonder if LE knew for the whole two months what was going on. That is a long time to leave someone in a situation like that if you know about it.

It's one thing to gather enough evidence to get a conviction, another to let some suffer from abuse while doing it.

Guess we will have to wait and see how the story unfolds.

JMO

According to the article posted by Softail the women was a family member of possibly one or more of the accused.

The three were booked on charges of aggravated kidnapping and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on a family member, both first degree felonies. Other charges included aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury on a family member, a second degree felony.

This story reminds me too much of Ariel Castro. This poor woman. While, I am glad they rescued her, it would be helpful to know who she is. She had to be reported missing. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    This story reminds me too much of Ariel Castro. This poor woman. While, I am glad they rescued her, it would be helpful to know who she is. She had to be reported missing. Right?
    Since she is a family member I doubt she was reported missing.

Maybe a mentally challenged individual under the care of Charlotte Elaine Arms? Sounds like Arms is the master mind behind all this from the article you posted.

Arms is suspected of spearheading the assaults and directing Simon and Shapland to severely beat the woman for disobeying Arms, police said.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Since she is a family member I doubt she was reported missing.

Maybe a mentally challenged individual under the care of Charlotte Elaine Arms? Sounds like Arms is the master mind behind all this from the article you posted.
    Yeah, I saw that. Gawd, I hope it is not an adult child of hers, that has been abused and tortured like this.

Google map to location of house linked below.

Looks like they lived in the middle of town. I wonder what the neighbors had to say or if they suspected anything was going on.

https://www.google.com/maps?t=m&sll=...lassic&dg=ntvo

Picture of house:

Arms and Simon both have criminal histories. Arms has previously been charged with theft by check, violating an animal leash law, failing to show proof of animal license and probation violation, among other charges. Simon has previously been charged with assault on a family member causing bodily injury, evading arrest and burglary of a building, among other charges.

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/Three...249576981.html

This article says Simon has been previously charged with assault on a family member. We need more info!

She looks like she could be kind of mean if you got on her bad side.

Bigger picture of house. Different than the Google Street View I posted earlier also.

Looks like there are some young kids toys in the yard. I sure hope there were no youngsters living there too while the women was being abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Bigger picture of house. Different than the Google Street View I posted earlier also.

Looks like there are some young kids toys in the yard. I sure hope there were no youngsters living there too while the women was being abused.
    I hope they saw nothing! This is just awful!

I am thinking kids were there for sure with all those toys. And I am also thinking older family member maybe? Regardless, this is awful and that woman looks like someone I would not want mad at me.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Yeah, I have a sinking feeling it will end up being Arms elderly mother.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hambirg View Post
    Yeah, I have a sinking feeling it will end up being Arms elderly mother.
    You might be right.

I never even thought of a family member maybe being her mother. It is unimaginable ordering someone to beat up your mother.

If so I hope these three never see the light of day again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast