Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking news

Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board.

The airline said in a statement that flight MH370 disappeared at 02:40 local time on Saturday (18:40 GMT on Friday).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26492748

I'm praying the plane is found and people on the plane survive.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238253"]Frequently Asked Questions[/ame]

Thread #1

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237547"]Thread #2[/ame]

Continue discussion here...

Please stay on topic and maintain a civil discussion...Please remember to post articles and tweets from msm with a link...

It would be interesting to see a timeline of “official statements” by specific “official”, to track any holes or contradictions.

The “plane turned around” statement immediately discounted and days later, oh yeah, “plane did do a u turn” did it for me. Really, you want us to believe you just figured that out. Sheesh.

Doubt we will ever receive a believable explanation, even when the plane is finally “found”.

Question Authority, oops, Official Statements.

Random thought -

Doesn't the Santa NORAD go all around the world?

Retweeted by Jon Ostrower
Jason Rabinowitz ‏@AirlineFlyer 4m
As Vietnam is apparently scaling back its water search for #MH370, China is expanding their land search. Where are you, 9M-MRO?

https://twitter.com/jonostrower

Carrying this topic over from the last thread, anyone having problems with the Tomnod site, just try refreshing the page and the start instructions will begin. Worked for me.

Here's a link to an article about Tomnod and crowdsourcing a search for the plane on satellite imagery.

http://www.newscientist.com/article...ngine-data-before-vanishing.html#.Ux-wls6j99Q

If you follow the link and get their site with just a blue screen, try hitting the refresh button.

*Totally random and possibly stupid question*

Is there *any* way data/sim cards from cell phones or laptops could survive after a catastrophic event on land or in water and be analyzed?

I remember the JAL flight where handwritten notes were recovered, but these days if a passenger were able/ had time to write down what was happening on a flight, wouldn't they do it on an electronic device? Could that data be salvaged?

Am I asking a really stupid question? Sorry if it's already been brought up.

Lots of international flights allow cell phone usage on board the plane. Did any passengers send any text messages/e-mails around the time the plane disappeared?

I have been watching all the discussion and speculation on CNN this evening. One of the guests threw out a phrase, when discussing the confusion over the search area and why the Malaysian government didn't have the searchers go immediately to the last noted location of the radar ping. The phrase stuck with me..."saving face." I didn't get the guy's context but I started thinking about the Chinese notion of "saving face."

To cut to the chase, what if the plane had turned back toward KL because of some sort of crisis, but due to transponder and other comms issues was unidentified? What if Malaysia DID scramble jets and/or shoot the plane down? And then they realized it was a domestic airline, so they went into cover-up mode? And they remain in cover-up mode to save face internationally?

Because the Malaysian officials are acting very sketchy. Maybe it's for good reason, but it's seeming hinkier and hinkier to my mind.

But then again, no. Someone would have spotted some wreckage by now, even if Malaysia scrambled ahead to recover it before others could get to it (thus the diversion to the South China Sea area).

But something really stinks. I wonder if the notion of saving face is significant in Malaysia like it is in China.

And I'm not even a conspiracy theorist...

I'm very much hoping the plane just pulled a Lost on us...:( Doubt it. Wonder what on earth is going on with this plane, and if it's a false flag operation or not...

Lots of international flights allow cell phone usage on board the plane. Did any passengers send any text messages/e-mails around the time the plane disappeared?

Certainly if any family members had been contacted the media would have be all over it. I have not heard of anyone communicating, and honestly do not believe they had time to.

:(

MOO

Certainly if any family members had been contacted the media would have be all over it. I have not heard of anyone communicating, and honestly do not believe they had time to.

:(

MOO

I'm not necessarily saying they could've communicated when whatever was happening to the plane happened, especially if it was catastrophic. But, when the plane turned around, it seems like someone would've tried to contact someone about that.

I attribute the "sketchiness" as the work of a military of a small country in a very politically challenging area not wanting to give any clues as to what it's surveillance capabilities ARE OR ARE NOT capable of. Meaning they don't want their enemies aware of their capabilities or vulnerabilities so they are extremely hesitant to say anything outright about what they tracked, where it was tracked, and how it was tracked.

Nothing has changed, it's all as it was before you knew about it. I've known about all these things for decades, I still fly regularly and will be doing so again soon. It's more dangerous to drive to the airport than to fly across the country.

Agree. Though I still like car trips better (the pace and scenery).

We have to be born and we have to die, those are the only things we have to do.

And taxes.

For instance, my husband flew to California a year ago. The airline he was on sold internet usage during the flight, so he could get on his tablet and Skype with me. So, I knew his flight was delayed for a while, etc.

Nothing has changed, it's all as it was before you knew about it. I've known about all these things for decades, I still fly regularly and will be doing so again soon. It's more dangerous to drive to the airport than to fly across the country.

Ditto that. I fly a lot for work (30-40k miles per year) in some of the worst conditions imaginable (mountains, high winds, polar lows, gravel runways). I'm more worried about the vehicles I drive up north than the flights. And pretty much every risk in air travel has a ground travel analogue -- there are driver suicides/homicides, mechanical failures, misadventure, etc., with a population of drivers that is neither as trained nor vetted as are pilots.

Or the fact they didn't catch it at the time.

For instance, my husband flew to California a year ago. The airline he was on sold internet usage during the flight, so he could get on his tablet and Skype with me. So, I knew his flight was delayed for a while, etc.

It was said on the last thread that the plane was not equipped to allow cell phone usage or something to that nature. I do not fly so I don't know how that works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk