1184 users online (239 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Loren Ronald Reed, 29, Kelso, 22 Feb 2014

Loren Ronald Reed

Public's help sought in locating missing Kelso man -

The family of Loren Ronald Reed, a 29-year-old Kelso man missing since Feb. 22, is asking the public for help finding him.

Reed, who has a history of drug abuse, was last seen between 2:30 and 3:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, walked away from a home in Longview, WA said his parents, Marjie and Mike Reed, also of Kelso. Its unlike her son to just vanish, Marjie Reed said Wednesday, fighting back tears. Hes always in contact with me, no matter where or what condition he was in. According to his parents, Loren Reed had fallen into drug abuse when he was a teenager. He served 10 years in prison for kidnapping and assault convictions when he was 18.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-23-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Assault arrest

Feb. 4, 2013 Police Blotter

Kelso police Saturday arrested Loren Ronald Reed, 28, of Kelso in the 100 block of Crawford Street on suspicion of attempted third-degree assault on an officer, two counts of fourth-degree assault (domestic violence), obstructing an officer, resisting arrest and reckless endangerment. A woman told police Reed punched her in the face while she was driving, causing her to nearly collide with an oncoming police car. A police officer said she fired her Taser at Reed when she saw Reed spin around and start to swing at another officer who was trying to arrest him. Reed also had a Department of Corrections warrant.
    Sounds like this man is having some pretty difficult times in his life. Probably due to drug use.

I hope he is found safe and can turn his life around.

up north

Relatives say body found in lake is that of missing Kelso man

12 hours ago By Justin Pittman

The body of a man found in Lake Sacajawea on Thursday afternoon is that of Loren Ronald Reed, a 29-year-old Kelso resident who had been missing for nearly a month, members of his family said Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    The article says he'd been released from prison about 2 years ago....with the previous poster's info that he'd been arrested in Feb last year, I wonder if he was looking at possibly going back to jail or prison and was very distraught by the possibility.

Lake Sac is a man-made lake. It's interesting. IIRC it's 3 miles around the perimeter of it, but narrow. It's right in the center of town and people walk, jog, etc around it all day long. The road runs along either side of it. I don't remember exactly how deep it is at it's deepest, but it's not like we would typically think of a lake, esp here in the northwest. If someone were up to no good, it would still be highly possible that someone would see you, even in the middle of the night.
    If there was could play involved and someone were disposing of a body, there are many more covert places just 10 minutes out of town. Joe Kondro says (and he probably did) leave Rima Traxler's body out by Germany Creek, and she's never been found.
    A run-away may leave on purpose, but that doesn't mean that they are able to get back home.... Never stop searching.

up north

Coroner: Man found in lake died of drowning

18 hours ago By Justin Pittman

An autopsy Friday night revealed that Loren Reed, whose body was found a day earlier in Lake Sacajawea, had drowned.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +
    Rest in Peace Mr. Reed.