GUILTY LA - Lucas Ruiz, 17 mos, murdered, Belle Chasse, 23 Jan 2014

SwampMama

Insomniac Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Erika Wigstrom, of Belle Chasse, Louisiana, has been charged with injecting her 17 month old son with hand sanitizer. Her son, Lucas was born with Downs syndrome and a heart defect. Lucas Ruiz died Jan. 24 from alcohol poisoning, in what his mother, Erika Wigstrom, 20, described to detectives as a mercy killing. He died of acute ethanol intoxication. She was arrested on March 11, 2014 after she confessed to killing Lucas because she "didn't want him to suffer anymore". Lucas had a blood alcohol level of 0.280 at the time of his death.

She also confessed that she had previously given Lucas child perfume. Her former boyfriend (who is Lucas' father), Cesar Ruiz, has already been charged with that crime. Police said that she basically said she had no remorse.

Cesar Ruiz, 20, was also awaiting trial on a charge of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. He was charged for giving Lucas rum in October 2012. Lucas was 2 months old at that time and had a BAC of .289 in that incident. Ruiz claimed he gave the rum to the baby as a pain reliever.

Wigstrom claimed that Ruiz had said that Lucas "would be better off dead, and that he wished he (the child) would die during his upcoming heart surgery" .

More at link. Freaking unbelievable. These 2 need to be put away forever and NEVER be allowed to have a child again (or be around any other children).

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/belle_chasse_mom_booked_with_k.html

Wow... Speechless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also from the link above:

Lucas had been in Ochsner Hospital back in 2012 for breathing difficulties (he was 2 month old at the time). While there he began having seizures, which lead to the discovery of alcohol in his blood.

Detectives said that Casar Ruiz poured rum into his son's feeding tube while Wigstrom was out of the room. (The rum had been in an empty sugar container from the hospital which Ruiz allegedly took home and filled with rum). Cesar Ruiz was arrested and has been incarcerated since then while Wigstrom found a new boyfriend and became engaged.

Before her arrest on Tuesday, Wigstrom revealed to detectives that Cesar Ruiz didn't give Lucas the alcohol. She stated that she had been giving the baby perfume over a period of days, leading to his seizures.

So wait.. did she frame the baby's father by letting him be arrested for giving the baby rum when it was she who had been feeding the baby perfume? He's been in jail all this time and now she claims that she was the one who was feeding the baby perfume? How did the police come up with rum then? Did they find the sugar container which tested positive for rum and had the dad's fingerprints on it? Was the rum just an innocent (but stupid) case of him smuggling rum in for himself?

We need more details on that incident.

Erika Wigstrom, of Belle Chasse, Louisiana, has been charged with injecting her 17 month old son with hand sanitizer. Her son, Lucas was born with Downs syndrome and a heart defect. Lucas Ruiz died Jan. 24 from alcohol poisoning, in what his mother, Erika Wigstrom, 20, described to detectives as a mercy killing. He died of acute ethanol intoxication. She was arrested on March 11, 2014 after she confessed to killing Lucas because she "didn't want him to suffer anymore". Lucas had a blood alcohol level of 0.280 at the time of his death.

She also confessed that she had previously given Lucas child perfume. Her former boyfriend (who is Lucas' father), Cesar Ruiz, has already been charged with that crime. Police said that she basically said she had no remorse.

Cesar Ruiz, 20, was also awaiting trial on a charge of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. He was charged for giving Lucas rum in October 2012. Lucas was 2 months old at that time and had a BAC of .289 in that incident. Ruiz claimed he gave the rum to the baby as a pain reliever.

Wigstrom claimed that Ruiz had said that Lucas "would be better off dead, and that he wished he (the child) would die during his upcoming heart surgery" .

More at link. Freaking unbelievable. These 2 need to be put away forever and NEVER be allowed to have a child again (or be around any other children).

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/belle_chasse_mom_booked_with_k.html

And yet they were still allowed to be with this little angel. I have no words. Rest in peace little one.

Oh it just gets worse. here is a link to a story from after the baby was given rum.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/health/Tearful-mother-speaks-about-fiance-203304961.html

Apparently baby Lucas suffered brain damage from the rum/perfume/whatever he was given. Then Erika gave this interview and is basking in the publicity, portraying herself as such a loving mom. She even opened a bank account for people to donate to Lucas, calling it "ANewLife4Lucas".

Here is her twitter acct: https://twitter.com/ANewLife4Lucas

From her twitter, it appears she is pregnant because she references cravings and wanting October 2014 to hurry up because she is an "impatient mommy".

This is crazy! Is she some kind of sociopath? I'm thinking she poisoned the baby the first time, he lived and developed severe brain damage from it, she framed the babies daddy, gave interviews, enjoyed being the "victim" and the "loving mom", started a bank account and benefited from her crime by garnering pity from people for the damage SHE caused to her baby. Unbelievable!

Ok, apparently was pregnant in 2013 and her ultrasound in early December showed the baby had no heartbeat. But then on March 4 she was posting the "craving" tweet and the tweet about impatiently waiting for October.

I wonder if she was just saying she was pregnant (lying?) then for attention or really was pregnant. Then she killed Lucas on January 24. And then got pregnant again? The articles don't state state she is pregnant so I am wondering.

She has no facebook page that I can find, only the one about "a new life for Lucas". I don't see where she posted anything about his death. Her dad had a fb page and posted about Lucas, seems like he loved Lucas a lot.

More articles about this case:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/12/erika-wigstrom-murder-charge_n_4953525.html?hpcrime=y
"Wigstrom told detectives that Cesar Ruiz was not the person who poisoned Lucas during that incident and that she in fact was the person who injected and poisoned him. Wigstrom informed investigators that she injected alcohol into Lucas' feeding tube on both occasions because she didn't want Lucas Ruiz to suffer any longer. "

So now we know she framed the baby's daddy.

Some pics of Baby Lucas.

I have just read that his mom confessed to poisoning him 3 times. She posted the first pic here on her instagram account for her "A New Life For Lucas" campaign and said "Let's get my little angel back to the smiling, cooing, laughing baby he was! I know it can happen, and I have faith that it will work!!"

SHE is the one who caused his brain damage from the alcohol poisoning when he was 2 months old!! This is one seriously deranged creature!

On her twitter, on March 13, she posted "But, I'll admit, orange looks great on you". I wonder if that was in reference to Lucas' father being in jail? Well I hope she looks good in orange too because she will be wearing it a long time!

Attachments

• Lucas1.jpg
    Lucas1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Lucas2.jpg
    Lucas2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 40
http://www.fox8live.com/story/24957...cting-hand-sanitizer-into-childs-feeding-tube

"While being interviewed Tuesday, Wigstrom also told investigators that she was the one who poisoned her son back in October of 2012 and not her boyfriend, who sits in jail for the crime.

Cesar Ruiz was arrested in 2012 after he confessed to pouring rum into Lucas' feeding tube while at Ochsner Hospital, where the baby was to have open heart surgery. But investigators say in her confession Tuesday, Wigstrom told them that Ruiz wasn't involved - that it was her all along, and that it wasn't rum but perfume oil that was poured into the feeding tube.

Detectives say Wigstrom showed no remorse when confessing to the crime."

Some pics of Baby Lucas.

I have just read that his mom confessed to poisoning him 3 times. She posted the first pic here on her instagram account for her "A New Life For Lucas" campaign and said "Let's get my little angel back to the smiling, cooing, laughing baby he was! I know it can happen, and I have faith that it will work!!"

SHE is the one who caused his brain damage from the alcohol poisoning when he was 2 months old!! This is one seriously deranged creature!

On her twitter, on March 13, she posted "But, I'll admit, orange looks great on you". I wonder if that was in reference to Lucas' father being in jail? Well I hope she looks good in orange too because she will be wearing it a long time!

Sick...she is just beyond depraved. This is one of the sickest things I've read on here in a long time, wow. This "mom" slowly tortured her son to death because she didn't want to be bothered by his disability and thought she could get away with it. I know it can happen! I have faith you'll spend the rest of your life in jail!

http://obits.nola.com/obituaries/nola/obituary.aspx?n=lucas-ruiz&pid=169378108&fhid=9259

His obituary linked above. His mother didn't bother to list his father in the obit but instead put her new fiance's name in there.

"RUIZ Lucas Ruiz On Friday, January 24, 2014, God called upon Lucas to don his angel wings and return back to his forever home while cradled in the arms of his beloved mother. Those left to cherish his memory include mother Erika Wigstrom and fiancé (name omitted by me)."

BBM -His beloved mother? More like his heartless killer.

Snipped for focus:
http://obits.nola.com/obituaries/nola/obituary.aspx?n=lucas-ruiz&pid=169378108&fhid=9259
"RUIZ Lucas Ruiz On Friday, January 24, 2014, God called upon Lucas to don his angel wings and return back to his forever home while cradled in the arms of his beloved mother. ...."

BBM -His beloved mother? More like his heartless killer.

If she was trying to say she loved him, obit could have said
'in the arms of his loving mother.'
Maybe she did love him, except times (plural) when she poisoned him.

Obit 'beloved mother' phrasing suggests that he loved her.
Not sure that he did.

Sad, sad, sad.

Hoping for justice for all involved.

Crazy. He had the cutest smile in that pic. What a heartless mom she is. Bye bye to prison you go. People are so stupid, cruel and evil.

Disgusting piece of....well you know. Lucas was adorable. And she has to be a sociopath because for her to describe his murder as a "mercy killing"....that was no mercy killing, it was torture.

Oh it just gets worse. here is a link to a story from after the baby was given rum.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/health/Tearful-mother-speaks-about-fiance-203304961.html

Apparently baby Lucas suffered brain damage from the rum/perfume/whatever he was given. Then Erika gave this interview and is basking in the publicity, portraying herself as such a loving mom. She even opened a bank account for people to donate to Lucas, calling it "ANewLife4Lucas".

Here is her twitter acct: https://twitter.com/ANewLife4Lucas

From her twitter, it appears she is pregnant because she references cravings and wanting October 2014 to hurry up because she is an "impatient mommy".

This is crazy! Is she some kind of sociopath? I'm thinking she poisoned the baby the first time, he lived and developed severe brain damage from it, she framed the babies daddy, gave interviews, enjoyed being the "victim" and the "loving mom", started a bank account and benefited from her crime by garnering pity from people for the damage SHE caused to her baby. Unbelievable!

Sounds like Münchausen Syndrome By Proxy, which is a form of extreme narcissism and obsession with attention. No doubt that Erika Wigstrom is an extreme narcissist with histrionic and psychopathic tendencies.

Personality Subtypes
http://www.millon.net/taxonomy/summary.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer