Remembering Tori

justicefortori

Reaction score
Hi all... its been some time since i last posted, however always thinking of Tori.

The dreadful day she was taken away is coming up... and was wondering if anyone in Woodstock was getting together to visit Tori, or anything of the sorts. I know myself and my daughter will be releasing a purple balloon with a note to her on it.... thoughts?

LONDON, Ont. -- Five years after their beloved tomboy princess went missing, the family of Victoria "Tori" Stafford still struggles with the pain and the prospect of another trial.

But they're also showing signs of growing strength in their personal lives and remain strong in a conviction to keep alive the memory of the slain Woodstock, Ont., school girl, as well as the lessons of her disappearance.

"People keep asking us if we're ever going to be able to forgive them (the killers), because we're not going to move on until they're forgiven," Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, said.

"I just can't see it happening. Ever. How do you forgive two people who destroyed your life on a whim?"

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/04/five-years-after-tori-staffords-went-missing

I was happy to read in a recent article that Tori's father has gone on to have another child (son) with his current partner.

Just for the sake of keeping the record correct, Rodney's son is from a previous relationship, not from his current partner. He looks so much like Rodney and coincidentally there's a strong resemblance of Victoria in him. Blonde hair and blue eyes. IIRC he will be four years old this year. HTH.

LONDON, Ont. -- Five years after their beloved tomboy princess went missing, the family of Victoria "Tori" Stafford still struggles with the pain and the prospect of another trial.

But they're also showing signs of growing strength in their personal lives and remain strong in a conviction to keep alive the memory of the slain Woodstock, Ont., school girl, as well as the lessons of her disappearance.

"People keep asking us if we're ever going to be able to forgive them (the killers), because we're not going to move on until they're forgiven," Tori's mother, Tara McDonald, said.

"I just can't see it happening. Ever. How do you forgive two people who destroyed your life on a whim?"

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/04/five-years-after-tori-staffords-went-missing

BBM I find the choice of word a bit odd IMHO. To me from what we learnt through the trial, it doesn't seem MR the acted upon a "whim". Seems he had fantasized for months leading up to Victoria's abduction, rape and murder, example being the download of information found on his computer hard drive and laptop. That would be solid, direct evidence which unfortunately was not allowed into evidence. And if we are to believe what TLM stated during her testimony on the stand, MR had made indications to her on other occasions, example being parking outside of other childrens' homes and stating he knew the layout of the home and how easy it would be to go into those homes and "steal" the children/child who reside within. This statement coming from Victoria's mom makes me wonder if she now knows what many people suspect..."the more to the story". The did ask that she talk to him in private to hear his side, so just wondering if she did eventually hear his side (IMHO it would be lies anyhow as that is just who he is...a chronic, pathetic, liar).Then again maybe she never put too much thought into her choice of that particular word, not to mention it would be very stressful, opening up old wounds discussing the five year anniversary of her precious daughter's demise. Not meant to be taken offensively, just that that word stuck out like a sore thumb to me. JMHO.

As the sad anniversary is upon them and they are still having to deal with this 's appeal and possible retrial (Pray it doesn't happen), I hope they continue to remain strong to continue the fight for Victoria and justice and stay strong for their other child(ren) in their lives.

Sweet, precious Tori, your suffering ended five years ago and you are at peace, heaven gained a beautiful angel. I bet you cannot wait for spring to finally show it's signs, look down upon the earth and see all the gorgeous purple flowers planted in honour and remembrance of you. We will never forgot you...never ever sweet child.

It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years already. :(

Another sad anniversary to remember a beautiful little girl who should be thinking about boys and proms now. It still brings me to tears when I think of what happened 5 years ago today. :cry:

Rest in peace Victoria. I will never forget you. :rose:

2ibybe1.jpg

Thinking about you and your family today Princess!

Precious Angel you will never be forgotten.

Lullabies
- Author Unknown

Papa please don't look so sad,
Mama please don't cry.
I am in the arms of Jesus
and He sings me lullabies.
Please do not try to question God,
don't think He is unkind.
Don't think He sent me to you and that
He changed His mind.
You see, I am special
and I'm needed up above.
I'm the special child you gave Him,
the product of your love.
I'll always be there with you.
So watch the sky at night.
Find the brightest star that's gleaming.
That's my halo's brilliant light.
So Papa please don't look so sad.
Mama please don't cry.
I am in the arms of Jesus.
And He sings me lullabies.

Tori Has been on my mind as soon as I turned the page to APRIL..I have not forgotten ONT>angel...I had the date marked on my calendar .I had problems logging into Tori forum...I am back ..rip Tori...I keep searching for what is happening with that appeal we are funding...I will not even mention his name as it id not worth the font...I just always have Tori on my mind....Purple huge Hydrias will be blooming in my garden soon for you Tori. I also planted many other purple flowers in my new home for YOU...and listen to your fav Tune " UP" by Shania Twain often...R.I.P again OUR ONTARIO ANGEL...4 ever loved..never forgotten...robynhood

Precious Angel you will never be forgotten.

Lullabies
- Author Unknown

Papa please don't look so sad,
Mama please don't cry.
I am in the arms of Jesus
and He sings me lullabies.
Please do not try to question God,
don't think He is unkind.
Don't think He sent me to you and that
He changed His mind.
You see, I am special
and I'm needed up above.
I'm the special child you gave Him,
the product of your love.
I'll always be there with you.
So watch the sky at night.
Find the brightest star that's gleaming.
That's my halo's brilliant light.
So Papa please don't look so sad.
Mama please don't cry.
I am in the arms of Jesus.
And He sings me lullabies.

That made me cry :(

:cupcake: Happy 14th Birthday beautiful Angel! :cupcake:

You will never be forgotten Sweetie.

Thinking of you today and always precious Angel. Forever in my heart, forever young.

Tori.jpg

This evening, Wednesday, April 8th at 6:00pm there will be a gathering of people who want to honour Tori. They will be meeting at the Fountain, the Museum Square, Dundas Street in Woodstock, to release purple balloons in her Memory. Please join and show support for her loved ones.

Remembering you always Victoria :cry:

2w38f9c.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail